Darn Wisdom Tooth!!

2 posters

Go down

Sad Darn Wisdom Tooth!!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 04:07

and Darn NHS
A couple of months ago I started having a problem with my left bottom wisdom tooth as it was coming up, it got stuck under my other tooth so it can't come up on its own and its causing havac, i'v constantly got a huge hole in my gum the dentist refered me to the hospital to have it cut out but that was nearly three months ago and i'v not even got an appointment yet, i'v got two different mouth washes and i'm constatly having to flush out the hole with salty water and its worked fine until a few days ago, now i think i got an infection deep down in the gum because its affecting my ear and jaw bone,, popping pain killers like smarties and nothing is helping, I gotta wait now until tuesday for dentist to even be open.....and on top of that i'v been waiting nearly two month for a scan at the hospital for something else as well, waiting lists seriousely!!!!! Sorry just needed a rant.

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Darn Wisdom Tooth!!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 05:44

poor thing!
I just recently broke a tooth and finally got the guts up to go the dentist..they were going to try to patch it up, but did an xray and said it was dying and needed ripping out..straight away I burst into tears! I have whopping great roots on my teeth and remember having a wisdom tooth taken out back in the 70's....anyway , the dentist said if you like you can come back next week as you are so upset, and I said you have got to be joking..do it now or I won't be back! I told him to give me heaps of painkiller so I didn't feel it but all the horrible noises it makes inside your head ..I wasn't coping too good. He got it out ( phew! ) and he even commented on the size of my roots. The hole in my gum ( luckily at the back! ) bled for ages..it tasted rank and I had to keep swallowing it. sick Tony said he was so proud of me !! I mean, I need a valium just to phone up and make an appointment!!
So yes I can relate to dentists ! Hope you get it sorted out on Tuesday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 06:38

Your wisdom tooth sounds like it is compacted which can lead to other problems in the future. Would you move up the list if the clinic was made aware?

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Sat Apr 07 2012, 09:54

Had the same problem with both sides in lower jaw. Needed surgical removal under a general anaesthetic as were so impacted. Took a while to heal and had a wound infection on one side that cleared with antibiotics.
I don't understand why you currently have a hole ? Is it a fistula ? Is it an abscess that has drained ? Ask your dentist to explain fully. You may need a prolonged course of oral antibiotics.
You could always phone the dental school of Cardiff University at the Heath for advice, I one had a filling done quickly by a student under supervision, when my own dentist was booked for the next month.
You could also ask your dentist to write an expedite appointment letter and find out where you were referred, so you can phone them to see if referral has been received. That's all I can advise. Hope you are not in too much pain over Easter.
8pawprints
8pawprints
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 5-6 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 10:30

I received a letter off the cardiff student teaching hospital thingy saying i am on the short list over two months ago, the hole in my gum is wear my wisdom is coming up so all the gum around the tooth is broken and sore but the wisdom tooth can't move to fill the whole.I'v no problem with the dentist their needles nothing i'v never been afraid of them but their keeping me waiting so long its doing my nut in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:38

I was so lucky with my wisdom tooth, the roots were very straight so able to have it taken out at the dentist quite simply.

I really do feel for you though, there is nothing worse than tooth pain, you have my sympathy
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down