Bloody ankle biters

5 posters

Go down

Bloody ankle biters Empty Bloody ankle biters

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 00:37

earlier 2day, kenny and myself were in the front garden when a young boy was walking his little terrier. As they passed kenny was by the gate wagging his tail when the ankle biter went nuts, poor kenny just lay down wagging his tail. I feel really sorry for him, this allways happens, with every terrier we've come across. My little man only want to play. They say staffys dont like other dogs, if thats true i can understand why. Kenny greets all dogs nicely, but 1day i think he may have enough. The small dogs seem worse, yet if they did fight, who do you think would get the blame, yes, the staffy. Sad

Back to top Go down

Bloody ankle biters Empty Re: Bloody ankle biters

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 01:11

I was in a pet shop 2 weeks ago and the most tiniest gorgeous little pug wanted to take Monty out! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 05:54

I think a lot of dogs are scared of staffy's because of the way they play (in my observations) I think other dogs just.. play differently.
saying that though Russells absolute best friend in the world is a tiny JRTXmaltese and she's only about 20cm off the ground!

Back to top Go down

Post by CMR Sat Mar 24 2012, 08:48

@kenny, I have the same issues. my dog has scars from little terriers while their owners think its acceptable. my problem is that Lucy now seems different around small dogs and shows the body language that tells me she is about to have a go which will only get her into trouble
CMR
CMR
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 08:53

Usually the smaller dogs are the most aggressive and untrained

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:02

this gets on all our nerves cos no one seems to tell off the little rat thing doing all the yapping and these dogs never seem to be trained. i have only ever seen a couple at the training centre and they never stay the course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:29

We know some of the smaller dogs that are very well trained and socialized but it is rare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:33

Maria. wrote:I was in a pet shop 2 weeks ago and the most tiniest gorgeous little pug wanted to take Monty out! Laughing
]

What ?? on a date ?? don't think a Monty / pug cross would be that good , what would happen to the muzzle , a short nosed bull terrier with wrinkles.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:36

kenny d wrote:earlier 2day, kenny and myself were in the front garden when a young boy was walking his little terrier. As they passed kenny was by the gate wagging his tail when the ankle biter went nuts, poor kenny just lay down wagging his tail. I feel really sorry for him, this allways happens, with every terrier we've come across. My little man only want to play. They say staffys dont like other dogs, if thats true i can understand why. Kenny greets all dogs nicely, but 1day i think he may have enough. The small dogs seem worse, yet if they did fight, who do you think would get the blame, yes, the staffy. Sad

Tilly lives in fear of little dogs , she was bitten on the head by a jack russel when she was a little baby just tring to make friends Sad now if she sees anyhting smaller than her she just shies away, then 100 yards further on pounces on the first playful huge dogf she can see Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 10:02

Irresponsible owners do my bloomin head in, if they know their dogs aggressive they should not allow it too have the chance too go for another dog.
Just because its small and cute dont mean it cant do damage and that it should be allowed too do as it pleases.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 10:07

My sister in law has 3 hidious little JRT's they bark and growl at everyone and everything and one in particluar has a nasty habit of biting children!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:19

The cutest little rough haired JR was walking off lead in our lane the other evening with his owner walking way ahead of him, and he decided to come over and growl right in Harrys face. Harry was on the lead and luckily decided to do nothing, but the little JRT wouldn't stop so I said very loudly "hello little fella I wouldn't pick on a staffordshire bull terrier if I were you". Only then did the man decide to call him away, although in the end he had to walk back and grab him because he was still having a go. Had my boy retaliated he would have been one of 'those dangerous dogs'

Why oh why do people walk dogs off lead and not stay near them?

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Mar 24 2012, 22:07

I love little dogs. Terriers and toy breeds.
99% of all the problems they seem to have is caused by a paranoid, nervy and overprotective owners. As the owner seems (to the dog) to be scared of anything bigger then a house cat the dog guesses he is the boss and has to protect his owner, hence him barking and snapping in bigger dogs faces to ward them off. Don't blame the poor dog, blame the ejet shaking the lead and shrieking when Mr teddykins wants to go say hello to a Doberman.
These people that see small dogs as small, cute, fluffy toys should have them all removed and replaced with pet tigers.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25 2012, 00:36

thats it, my friends little dog (who plays well with Russell) is not so good with other dogs at the park, and I can tell it is because of her owner, Steph, because steph is scared that her little thing is going to get trodden on or knocked over, so now Panama will have a crack at any big dog that is just sniffing her or trying to play. and when she has a crack she makes the most ridiculous squeal that makes her sound like she is in pain, and Steph will go and cuddle her and say "aaaww did you get scared?"

really gives me the sh**s and I have told her not to do that she is making it worse but she can't help herself. stupid!!!! Panama is now a brat dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiggeraimz&mrAlvinsir Sun Mar 25 2012, 10:34

small terriers deffo have little dog syndrome my alvin always getting picked on by smaller dogs there is a yorky that lives near us who always tries to have a go at alv, an the womans always like "aww hes only playing," alvin runs from the yorky with his tail between his legs,iv told her 1day if she dont sort her rat out that alvin might decided to play the same game then it wont b so funny, she now reels the lead in when she sees us, alvin gets on with all dogs and he loves it when he finds a doggy friend that likes playing without biting him u can see the smiles on his face, we are atm looking into gettin him a lil girlfriends (NO puppies tho) just so he as a doggy he can play with that dont wonna rip his face off Sad Love Struck
tiggeraimz&mrAlvinsir
tiggeraimz&mrAlvinsir
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mr-Alvin-sir aka alvin daiman happy daniels
Dog Gender(s) : hes a pretty boy :p
Support total : 0

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002079769541&sk=in

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Mar 25 2012, 19:08

Same appened with us a few weeks ago this woman was standing outside The doctors surgery with a pomarainun on the lead and has my son walked towards her with milly.The expression on the womans face changed.So my son called out to her to tell her that milly wouldnt harm the dog.Milly walked up to it wagging her tail and suddenley the dog just turned on her.The woman looked so embaressed.Small dogs do seem to have short temprements.My jack russell isnt that bad with other peoples dogs.She just doesnt seem to like milly has milly teasers her quite a lot Laughing
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down