Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

omg  - Page 2 Empty Re: omg

Post by AzzynCav Mon Mar 26 2012, 19:15

Well in Scotland he has committed indirect assault if it can proved he "set" his dog on the Police officers.

Offences under the dangerous dogs act also I would imagine.

A few things probably
AzzynCav
AzzynCav
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 19:34

shakespearesdog wrote:This dog had been reported previously for attacking a cyclist. Not much point sending four officers if they're not going to arm them properly, why did they need four to arrest one man? Really poorly planned and thought out.
Of course its easy to say with hindsight, everything is but i'm still entitled to comment. Possibly more so then others as my ex was in the met.

He was being arrested for GBH & kidnap! I daresay they assumed he would be violent!

dave g wrote:What can the police charge him with.

At least having a dog dangerously out of control. Possibly even assault on a police officer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orange Mon Mar 26 2012, 19:47

At the end of the day the Police badly managed this whole situation if no handling team were there. Without a doubt they should have taken in a dog handler and back up team. The Police here obviously made bad choices if they were absent. While I respect them and the job they have to do I find police often do enflame situations that would much better be handled if they walked away thought about it and came back with another tactic (just watch the 'coppers' documentary on 4OD and you'll see what I mean). However, it happened. They obviously had a job to do and whether handled badly or not it happened. I feel bad for the dog. Thank goodness it is at peace now. It suffered probably for protecting something or aggressive due to being beaten. I hope the whole situation will be objectively analysed by the media but it probably never will angry

Orange
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Mar 26 2012, 19:54

why did they? they cant take dog handler to everytime they going looking for god sake..

the owner need lock up and should be neutered

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Mon Mar 26 2012, 22:48

Being 23 years old myself i think it is very unesecery to state a 20 year old should not have a dog. As mentioned many times before its all down to the owner and how they train them. If 4 people broke in to my house i would hope my dog would allso potect it but i no on demand it would stop. They protect there terrotory as anyone would Smile i remember reading a article on a lady that was walking thre a wood with a alsation when 2 people started following her, after a while these two men attacked and raped the girl. She called her dog several times to help and make them scarper but it chose to ignore the girl and play with sticks. Due to this the lady started to go training i.e protection work and building a stronger bond with the dog becomeing the pack leader if this had been the case before hand she may have never been raped.

In general no matter what anyone ses i think haveing a dog that can listen to its handler for senssible reasons and guard is a good idea in the right hands. However in the wrong hands this can be fatel i.e the tv program my dog is a weapon for example.

I allso believe it could of been prevented on both behalfs the owner for not being responsible followed by the police beating it this is never going to help any situation resulting in makeing it even worse. The dog would of been going straght to who's attacking and disarm them, although in this case it was a bite to the leg due to a poorly trained dog and bad owner.

Danny and loz Big Grin
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Orange Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:11

It should be general practice. Going to an address re: 'dangerous' dogs = take dog handler and back up team, it's not rocket science.

Orange

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:12

if you get in trouble u not going expect the police to phone you up to see how you are they going knock your door in FACT he had a dog for this reason...

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:13

Orange wrote:It should be general practice. Going to an address re: 'dangerous' dogs = take dog handler and back up team, it's not rocket science.

they clearly didn't know anout the dog doh our soceity has complate lost the plot I dont want to s

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:19

Loz&Dan wrote: i remember reading a article on a lady that was walking thre a wood with a alsation when 2 people started following her, after a while these two men attacked and raped the girl. She called her dog several times to help and make them scarper but it chose to ignore the girl and play with sticks. Due to this the lady started to go training i.e protection work and building a stronger bond with the dog becomeing the pack leader if this had been the case before hand she may have never been raped.Danny and loz Big Grin

I really don't see how that has anything to do with this situation.

The man in question is a thug. He has been arrested on suspicion of GBH & kidnapping. You can't expect the police, as Steve says, to politely phone through their intentions or to knock on his door & ask to come in.

The dog was 'set' on the police from inside the house & that's why the man's being charged with having a dog dangerously out of control. Yes, the police could have handled the situation better, but the fact is the dog was badly let down by its irresponsible owner & nobody is really to blame except him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:31

And i completley agree with that. The police could of atleast of entered with a guard as such or spray as someone else had all ready mentioned to try and prevent the worse from happening rather than stiring it up in my eyes.

I really don't see how that has anything to do with this situation....

I allso relise this is completley of the topic and has nothing to do with it but it was just an example that having a dog trained to protect can be a good thing at times.

Danny and Loz
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:32

Trained to protect, yes. But trained also to let go. The thug that owned that dog had no intention of stopping his dog from mauling the police or anybody else who may have got in the way.

Poor bloody dog.

I have several friends who undertake schutzhund training with their GSDs. These dogs are trained from an early age to bite when told to. BUT they are also trained to release immediately on command. Anyone who approaches the training with the wrong attitude is asked to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:50

Hope my dog would allso potect but i no on demand it would stop...... from above

It is ridiculos i no and due to idiots like that one these bully breeds or whatever it was get a bad reputation which as we all know it is completley untrue Big Grin

All the best
Danny and loz
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:51

AzzynCav wrote:Curious to hear what the benefit of a "set up" would be in these circumstances???

I also think its very easy to sit on your sofa with a cuppa and pass comment on what should/could have been done.

I didn't say it was a set up, as there would be no benefit, but the whole video just looked dodgy as the police handled the situation appallingly, was my point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:54

i am glad my dogs dont act that way so they wont get shot! i can look after my self i dont need my dogs help

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27 2012, 07:41

No one can say for sure how their dogs would react
I love my bogs to bits, I have done various training courses with them. I take them once a week to a dog socialization class and one of them does agility.
But if someone bashed through my door it would startle my dogs and I believe that they would defend themselves. By that I mean bark/growl and look mean. Now add to that the police reaction when confronted by a growling 'bull type' dog which would be 'hit it with a stick' then I'm sure that they would attack out of fear, which the dog in question may of done.
I've watched the video and all the police did when beating it with a stick did was further it's aggression and increase it's attack frenzy, why didn't one of the officers grab the back legs of the dog instead of walking around & standing on walls!
The police knew there to be a dog on site, the police knew that it was of the 'pit bull type', therefore the police should have taken the appropriate steps in preparing to deal with the dog!
As for the owner, yes he could well be scum, and yes he could have only had the dog to look 'hard' or he could of loved it greatly, we will never know but one thing we do know is that the police should have handled the situation better by being prepared.

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Tue Mar 27 2012, 09:17

I was pretty shocked at how little the officers did when the dog had a hold!
All they did they did was hit it with a baton???????, thats the least I would have been trying.

Like has been said above, nobody knows how there dog would react good or bad. Equally you cant tell how you would react to being attacked.
AzzynCav
AzzynCav

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Mar 27 2012, 09:22

i know 100% sure what my would do they would lick them to dead... if dont know what your dog would do then you dont know enough about your dog or you have not train her/him good enough.

Surprised i'm pretty shock what been posted in this topic..

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Tue Mar 27 2012, 09:27

Steve wrote:i know 100% sure what my would do they would lick them to dead... if dont know what your dog would do then you dont know enough about your dog or you have not train her/him good enough.

I agree some of what has been said is ridiculous.
AzzynCav
AzzynCav

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27 2012, 09:36

AzzynCav wrote:
Steve wrote:i know 100% sure what my would do they would lick them to dead... if dont know what your dog would do then you dont know enough about your dog or you have not train her/him good enough.

I agree some of what has been said is ridiculous.

same here
at the end of the day the police have a job to do ok they didnt do it in the best way but this has to be put at the owners door he had that dog for one reason only.
if a stranger comes to my door memphis will bark growl and act all tuff all i got to say is sssshhhh and he will calm and walk away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Mar 31 2012, 17:01

Steve wrote:i know 100% sure what my would do they would lick them to dead.

If someone broke in here mine would prob help them carry everything out. if he hears a sound in the house or someone comes in his tails wagging straight away. only damage he'd do would be if they were allergic to dogs Straight Face
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sat Mar 31 2012, 17:34

Caryll wrote:Trained to protect, yes. But trained also to let go. The thug that owned that dog had no intention of stopping his dog from mauling the police or anybody else who may have got in the way.

Poor bloody dog.

I have several friends who undertake schutzhund training with their GSDs. These dogs are trained from an early age to bite when told to. BUT they are also trained to release immediately on command. Anyone who approaches the training with the wrong attitude is asked to leave.
So what happens if the owner wasnt in and they kicked the door in, whos there to call the dog off, i dont understand why they at to kick the door in, it wasnt a drug raid. it was GBH he had nothing to hide from them so why kick it in....
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31 2012, 18:28

I also think there is a bid difference between protecting a person and protecting the house i also no both my two would not protect the home and would not bite anyone who came in wether they were startled or not. Kaos would probably not protect me but would warn an intruder in no un certain terms if he felt my youngest daughter was threatened i have no doubt of that, same with Ty if he felt i was in danger...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum