Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

omg  Empty Re: omg

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:43

I thought at 1 point the officer seemed to b holding the by it's coller and then the guy in plain clothes started beating it with a stick. I believe the dog may of been trying to protect his owner, i supose we'll never know Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:45

I have to wonder why there was no dog handler around? Surly officers would have some knowledge that there may have been a dog on the premises?? (allegedly there had been a complaint made against a dog at that address) If they had maybe it would have ended a lot easier and quieter? Although the outcome would have remained the same sad ending for what was once a beautiful puppy i'm sure Sad Sad
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
omg  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:47

Poor bloody dog. I bet the b*rstard who who owned it thought it funny to train him to bite people. Now the poor creature's dead - at least it's now at peace.

I hope the officers are ok & the owner gets a long jail sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:49

i agree

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:49

He'll get a fine, probably have to pay a fiver a month towards it also.

Scum, but I think it could have been handled better. Although as already said the outcome would have been the same.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:59

Yes Janey I agree, would have been a sad outcome whatever.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Thu Mar 22 2012, 21:04

very sad! poor dog must have gone through hell! hope everyones ok
lmjc90
lmjc90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Scarlett
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 20

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001801581232  More and

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Mar 22 2012, 21:31

what about the police? Surprised

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Mar 22 2012, 21:39

Should have taken a handler in Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 23:27

Personally, i feel sorry 4 the dog and the officers. We'll never know the truth, I have total blame 4 it's owner. As dog owners, what ever the breed we should have complete control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:56

Bloody hell it just dosent let go of his arm , would have thought the officers would have been better prepared in this day n age where thugs have dogs for protection, they must have known the dog wouldn't have gone without a fight.

Lessons learnt no doubt.

And indeed the scumbag owner should Rot in hell.

Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by eskidavies Fri Mar 23 2012, 11:08

dont plod normally send a padded guy in with a fire extinguisher to blast the dog with, then look it in a room until they can contain it with wire loops on sticks,sure ive seen this on police programs before they obviously knew about dog b4 hand.anyway poor dog ,owner should be put in room then send an alligator in watch him panic
eskidavies
eskidavies
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : sox
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri Mar 23 2012, 12:38

Iread this on Facebook last night, The Sun posted this link to their article and i am absolutely FURIOUS at how The Sun brand the dog as savage, and mad.

As far as im concered that dog was doing exactly what any dog would do. Protecting his home. If you are going to go into a home with a dog, force your way in and be aggressive that dog is going to be just as aggressive back with the only way he knows how. Poison did exactly what he shoul have done in this situation.

If the police had simply knocked on the door and asked to go in i'm betting they would have been welcomed with kisses. ALSO since this was a pre-arranged raid, they MUST have done their homework first, they MUST have known the house had dogs in it.

It gets me sooo mad! Poor Poison lost his life due to the idiotic actions of professionals. Oh and the other thing that annoys me, when police dogs do this kind of thing they are commended and praised, even though the victim, criminal or not, is the one with the wounds.

My cousin was mauled by a police dog after he was wrongfully thought of as someone else, they got the wrong guy. My cousin had just come back from a tour in Iraq, was having a few drinks with family and friends when they set the dog on him. The dog bit down and tore ligaments in his wrist and arm. My cousin later had to leave the army. BUT this dog was only doing it's job so cannot be blamed. Just like poison was doing his job and cannot be blamed.

Oh i'm soo angry at this, more angry at The Sun for their version of the story.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4212677/Five-cops-savaged-by-mad-pitbull.html
Maxien78
Maxien78
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sapphire
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 12:41

kenny d wrote:Personally, i feel sorry 4 the dog and the officers. We'll never know the truth, I have total blame 4 it's owner. As dog owners, what ever the breed we should have complete control.

Well said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri Mar 23 2012, 12:44

Also guys, we cannot say that the dog owner was a bad person, the owner wasn't there so unable to control the dog. For all we know if the owner was there the dog may not of donewhat he did...protect his home.

For all we know the owner could be just like all of us, loving, caring and respecting of his dog. Nobody knows.

Sounds mad but i hope the guy DOESN'T get done for the dog biting, because th dog was simply protecting his home. I also think its a shame that yet again a bull breed was involved.
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 12:52

Maxien78 wrote:Also guys, we cannot say that the dog owner was a bad person, the owner wasn't there so unable to control the dog. For all we know if the owner was there the dog may not of donewhat he did...protect his home.

For all we know the owner could be just like all of us, loving, caring and respecting of his dog. Nobody knows.

Sounds mad but i hope the guy DOESN'T get done for the dog biting, because th dog was simply protecting his home. I also think its a shame that yet again a bull breed was involved.

As far as I'm aware the owner was there & was arrested on charges of kidnapping & GBH, so hardly a 'nice' person. He has been charged with having a dog dangerously out of control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Mar 23 2012, 13:04

Maxien78 wrote:Also guys, we cannot say that the dog owner was a bad person, the owner wasn't there so unable to control the dog. For all we know if the owner was there the dog may not of donewhat he did...protect his home.

My dogs would never dog anything like that, hes a bad owner and should be lock up and the keys should be throw away.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri Mar 23 2012, 13:44

Anyone who owns a pitbull Doberman cross with that kinda history hasn't got the dog for the reason of snuggling up at night !
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 13:45

Jackieb wrote:Anyone who owns a pitbull Doberman cross with that kinda history hasn't got the dog for the reason of snuggling up at night !

Is that the cross he was? I didn't know that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:04

So why are they not going after the doberman? A doberman is a guard dog. A pit bull is not. That dog was guarding its home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:19

Caryll wrote:
Jackieb wrote:Anyone who owns a pitbull Doberman cross with that kinda history hasn't got the dog for the reason of snuggling up at night !

Is that the cross he was? I didn't know that.

Yea - take a look on here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4212677/Five-cops-savaged-by-mad-pitbull.html
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:36

Typical, you cant contact them cause the email address doesnt work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:42

Caryll wrote:

As far as I'm aware the owner was there & was arrested on charges of kidnapping & GBH, so hardly a 'nice' person. He has been charged with having a dog dangerously out of control.

No the owner wasn't there, they later arrested him.

I am a believer in innocent until proven guilty, we can't in one breath tell people that all dog breeds are innocent but have bad owners, then in another throw a guilty verdict at someone for their dog "being out of control" Nobody knows how he trained the dog, so i think it's completely unfair to brand him a bad owner until it has been proven. Just like we wouldn't brand a dog a bad dog until it has been proven to be one. BUT a lof of people automatically think "bad owner" simply because the man is a criminal and was being raided. Being a criminal doesn't automatically make you a bad dog owner.

Also he was arrestedon those charges but again he still could be innocent! so again people automatically think guilty. It's a sad world when everyone thinks you are guilty for whatever the police or newspapers say you are guilty of...We fight to stop peoplethinking all Staffies and Pit Bulls are dangerous, but we forget all of that when it comes to humans. The guy could very well be guilty, but i prefer wait and see before branding him.

I just prefer to get all the facts before passing judgement on the guy.
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:44

Equi wrote:So why are they not going after the doberman? A doberman is a guard dog. A pit bull is not. That dog was guarding its home.

It makes me wonder if the article would have been delivered as bad if it were a different breed dog. Like you say a Doberman is a guard dog, so if it were a Doberman would it have had the same nasty press? after all people would think he was doing exactly what Dobermans are supposed to do...guard!
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:48

Maxien78 wrote:
Caryll wrote:

No the owner wasn't there, they later arrested him.

I am a believer in innocent until proven guilty, we can't in one breath tell people that all dog breeds are innocent but have bad owners, then in another throw a guilty verdict at someone for their dog "being out of control" Nobody knows how he trained the dog, so i think it's completely unfair to brand him a bad owner until it has been proven. Just like we wouldn't brand a dog a bad dog until it has been proven to be one. BUT a lof of people automatically think "bad owner" simply because the man is a criminal and was being raided. Being a criminal doesn't automatically make you a bad dog owner.

Also he was arrestedon those charges but again he still could be innocent! so again people automatically think guilty. It's a sad world when everyone thinks you are guilty for whatever the police or newspapers say you are guilty of...We fight to stop peoplethinking all Staffies and Pit Bulls are dangerous, but we forget all of that when it comes to humans. The guy could very well be guilty, but i prefer wait and see before branding him.

I just prefer to get all the facts before passing judgement on the guy.

have you see the video the dog was out of control and the owner need neutering.... you cant defend this owner for having a dog liek that. OMG what is this country coming to when people are defending owners like that Surprised Surprised Surprised

my dog would never act like that becasue i train my dogs....

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:53

Well what has this world come to when people are guilty before even being allowed to prove themselves innocent?

It is easy to defend someone for something when NOBODY knows all the facts OR the truth. Like i said, i would rather know all the facts before branding him.

Yes i did watch the video, yes the dog was out of control, the owner wasn;t there, the police AGGRESSIVELY rammed into the dogs house, so the dog did what he thougt was best, he protected his home and himself.

We blame an owner for his dog protecting his home? No sorry i won't do it!

If in a few weeks we have more details and FACTS and it turns out the owner was a bad owner then i will pass my judegement then and think like everyone else does.

I'm not gonna be influenced by police or the media. They are ALWAYS wrong!
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:56

that dog was ticking time bomb my dog would never do that becasue they are well trained, i dont need a dog that will protect my home becasue i can do it i dont need my dogs to do it for me.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:57

Also NOBODY!! knws how their dog would act in that kind of situation. NOBODY!! Unless this has happened to you already and your dog was fine with it then nobody can say that their dog wouldn't do this...and I talk from experience there...Sapphires mum bit a police officer when they raided the house...Why? because the police forced their way into the house and proceeded to kick, punch and hit thother dogs and her owner with sticks.

Don't think that because it's not written here that it didn;t happen in the exact same way. The police do NOT raid a house then gently handle the person they are arresting.

Sorry if im offending but i just don;t have those guilty until innocent tinted glasses on.
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Mar 23 2012, 15:02

i know 100% my would lick them to dead not attack them... anybody dog attack police like that the owner need neuter becasue they clearly dont bring up a dog right and if they cant do that they will never be able to bring up a kid the right way.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 16:26

I'm sorry but after watching the video in the sun article it all seems a bit set up to me (ok i know it isn't) but it just doesn't seem right, how one copper calmly walks away while the other is 'mauled' by the dog, he then stick his arm back in the dog mouth who keeps letting go?

Ok the dog probably isn't very friendly but it just all seems a bit odd to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 10:53

Firstly, i think that after reports have been made about this dog what happened too communication the police should have known there was a dog that had been done for taking a chunk out of a cyclists leg for starters.

I feel sorry for the poor dog and think the sun have completely blown the story up with the headline, love the picture they use for a doberman x pitbull!!!!

Im sorry but if people police or not came barging into my house i would like too think my dogs would protect me not that they would well problie tara. But i dont blame the dog its defending its property. After all this dog has got doberman in it....

As someone said i very much doubt the owner had this dog too snuggle up with in the first place.

RIP doggy Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sat Mar 24 2012, 16:45

The kid had a guard dog theres no law against that, the police came and knock his door in and the dog went for them. now if they knocked first the kid could of put the dog out back and no one got hurt, by all accounts it was a dobi cross
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sat Mar 24 2012, 16:51

Steve wrote:that dog was ticking time bomb my dog would never do that becasue they are well trained, i dont need a dog that will protect my home becasue i can do it i dont need my dogs to do it for me.
Steve what happens when your not there who looks after your home then, my cross is a guard dog he will do the same if anyone comes in uninvited thats is job
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 16:55

sorry but after wathing the video i agree with the dog being destroyed. with that level of intense agression it would not have been safe to rehome but they should have taken a dog handler and did it humanly not shoot it after a fight in the street. the police knew there was a dog at the address they were stupid but the bloke that owned it should be prosecuted now for animal cruelty because he brought the dog up to react like that

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Mar 24 2012, 16:56

a 20 year old shouldn't have a dog like that i cant believe we even having this debate Rolling Eyes maybe bull breed should be banned if people think it's fine to have crazy dogs like that around.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 17:08

dave g wrote:The kid had a guard dog theres no law against that, the police came and knock his door in and the dog went for them. now if they knocked first the kid could of put the dog out back and no one got hurt, by all accounts it was a dobi cross

dave g wrote:
Steve wrote:that dog was ticking time bomb my dog would never do that becasue they are well trained, i dont need a dog that will protect my home becasue i can do it i dont need my dogs to do it for me.
Steve what happens when your not there who looks after your home then, my cross is a guard dog he will do the same if anyone comes in uninvited thats is job

I read a report from a neighbour that said the guy was in the house & that he actually set the dog on the police. I don't know how true that is, but it was a statement made by a neighbour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 17:34

The dog had attacked before thats when the situation should have been dealt with, with the irresponsible owner.

As for age and a 20 year old having a dog like that!!!! i dont think age has anything too do with it its the individual person and he sounds like a moron who shouldnt have had a dog of any breed in the first place forget age. Ive met my fair share of moron olders who are alot older.

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Sat Mar 24 2012, 18:45

_julie_ wrote:sorry but after wathing the video i agree with the dog being destroyed. with that level of intense agression it would not have been safe to rehome but they should have taken a dog handler and did it humanly not shoot it after a fight in the street. the police knew there was a dog at the address they were stupid but the bloke that owned it should be prosecuted now for animal cruelty because he brought the dog up to react like that

I tend to agree , if five strangers burst into my house now my dogs would all bark and get ready to save me but i could stop them if i needed, they would still be controllable.
Have you seen the reports about the 76yr old woman attacked by four men who burst into her house? two broken arms, serious head injuries, slashed etc, if she had a dog who attacked it would have been given a medal by the press.
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
omg  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Mar 24 2012, 22:23

That story is the most ridiculous bit of sensationalist trollop I've ever read. Its a Doberman cross and it's being bandied about as a pitbull and there are people mentioning staffies on the same page?
A staffy had nothing at all to do with this story and yet it somehow effects them?
'What one Christian does is his own responsibility, what one Jew does is thrown back at all Jews.'
Anne Frank
Also those officers were aware he had a dog and didn't bring any dog equipment and instead ran around yelling and climbing up wheelie bins like little girls. Get your balls out your handbags boys. I know if people had burst into my house when I had King he would have gone for them no question.He was naturally protective with no training from us. Some breeds like Dobermans, Rotties etc are, it's part of their mental make-up and they should be treated accordingly with caution. Why do people lose all common sense when confronted with a dog? Rolling Eyes

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Mar 24 2012, 22:30

i would love to see you stoping a crazy dog.. Laughing

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Mar 24 2012, 22:39

i would love to see you stoping a crazy dog.
I have done. If they knew there was a dangerous dog there why didn't they carry a break stick at the very least? Smacks of a set up to me or those officers really were that stupid. Either is a very worrying thought.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Mar 24 2012, 22:40

I dont want to s a stick isn't going stop a crazy dog attacking if anything it's going make thing worse.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Mar 24 2012, 22:42

Its not an actual stick, you don't hit the dog with it. Rolling Eyes

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Sun Mar 25 2012, 14:03

Curious to hear what the benefit of a "set up" would be in these circumstances???

I also think its very easy to sit on your sofa with a cuppa and pass comment on what should/could have been done.

AzzynCav
AzzynCav

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tia
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:09

I also think its very easy to sit on your sofa with a cuppa and pass comment on what should/could have been done
Of course i'm commenting, it's in a public forum-for people to comment on! Laughing
Sadly however I don't own a sofa and I don't drink tea. They should have sent an experienced dog handler there.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:26

Hindsight is always 20 20, I wouldn't imagine that the option is there to have a dog handler go to every address that has a dog incase it attacks.

More realastic option would have been "bite back spray" which is CS for dogs. But that isnt rolled out everywhere.
AzzynCav
AzzynCav

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tia
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:45

This dog had been reported previously for attacking a cyclist. Not much point sending four officers if they're not going to arm them properly, why did they need four to arrest one man? Really poorly planned and thought out.
Of course its easy to say with hindsight, everything is but i'm still entitled to comment. Possibly more so then others as my ex was in the met.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Mon Mar 26 2012, 17:23

What can the police charge him with.
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Mar 26 2012, 17:31

he attack the police out of his garden so he be looking at not having control his dog. i hope the counrt throw the book at him..

Last edited by Steve on Mon Mar 26 2012, 19:20; edited 1 time in total

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content