Will your adult Staffy play bite if...

+2
Gazagem
Gee
6 posters

Go down

Will your adult Staffy play bite if... Empty Will your adult Staffy play bite if...

Post by Gee Sat Mar 10 2012, 09:02

...you play with him without toys?

If I play with Troy..possibly a little rough, roll him on his belly and shake his head a little etc he will try and play bite. He caught my arm today which has bruised etc but he didn't mean it.

Is this basically my fault? I mean, how else can a dog play other than his mouth if you don't have a toy?

Last edited by Gee on Sat Mar 10 2012, 09:39; edited 1 time in total

Gee
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Will your adult Staffy play bite if... Empty Re: Will your adult Staffy play bite if...

Post by Gazagem Sat Mar 10 2012, 09:17

both mine play bite if we dont use a toy but they have learnt to bite gently so not put pressure on and if they get to rough they have a command word to stop them in their tracks, when they stop they get a treat
My oh is the only one to do this so they both know the rules no nipping mummy and we have older kids so they have grown up with nippy pupies and have also shown them rules
I wouldnt play fight with them if i had young kids as when they are learning they some times go a bit far
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Will your adult Staffy play bite if... Empty Re: Will your adult Staffy play bite if...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10 2012, 09:24

Gazagem wrote:both mine play bite if we dont use a toy but they have learnt to bite gently so not put pressure on and if they get to rough they have a command word to stop them in their tracks, when they stop they get a treat
My oh is the only one to do this so they both know the rules no nipping mummy and we have older kids so they have grown up with nippy pupies and have also shown them rules
I wouldnt play fight with them if i had young kids as when they are learning they some times go a bit far

same here memphis will only play rough with me and then his play biting is soft no marking at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sat Mar 10 2012, 09:41

Okay cool.

If I tell him no he does stop. I might just stop doing what I do to make him play bite because I don't want to encourage any type of biting.

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10 2012, 10:11

I'm the only one who plays rough with Suki the better half won't do it. Yeah they will play bite and she has hurt me a bit a few times

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10 2012, 10:34

Billy play bites too but he does it really softly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10 2012, 10:37

Cairo play bites as well,she does it with my hubby when they have a little play fight.Shes never hurt him though.She mouths him if that makes sence and that turns to licking straightaway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Mar 10 2012, 10:45

Yeah as said, Max is the rough 'n tumble type, I've always scrapped with him, which could get a little painfull at times till he learned the boundries Wink , now if I get bruised (and I dont druise easy) its either a complete accident, or its my own fault Tongues
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sat Mar 10 2012, 10:54

Cool. I knew it was normal and nothing. My previous dog used to play bite it's just Troy doesn't realise that it hurts. It was my GF who was stressing thinking he was being stressful Smile

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CMR Sun Mar 11 2012, 09:27

my wife also gets somewhat bothered when I play with my dog because some of the noises she makes and the show of teeth. it's obvious to me that it's play and I am partial to it myself so it will carry on.
CMR
CMR
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Sun Mar 11 2012, 09:59

Mia always plays rough with the hubby, sometimes it does hurt too!
She knows the difference tho, when she's in her cage and we say goodnight to her if my hubby puts a finger in she nibbles it but if I put my finger in she licks it!!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Sun Mar 11 2012, 11:51

Junior play bites with me, and he's learning to keep it gentle. He's got fangs like razors though >D
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Will your adult Staffy play bite if... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down