Missed a chance

Go down

Missed a chance Empty Missed a chance

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 08 2012, 20:03

I feel so massively guilty at the moment. Someone just basically offered me a dog for free and I walked away. Its as though God was saying 'well you keep saying how you want another staffy or an american bulldog so here's your chance.'
My bus unusually terminated early. I was in a good mood as I don't have work tomorrow and I decided to walk down to sainsburys, my mother is ill and requested I get her 'something to nosh'. As I walked down the road I came towards a large dog-my first thought was that it was an extra big staffy then as I got nearer I realised it was a cross. There was a youngish girl walking it, about my own age. Nicely spoken but not posh and not chavvy.
Before I could ask if the dog was friendly she was already jumping up on me and licking my hand. Delighted I made a big fuss of her.
'Is that an american bulldog cross staffy?' I asked. The girl was shocked and was like 'how did you know!?' Surprised (I did tell you i'm good at idetifying crossbreeds but no one seems to believe me! Tongues )
Anyway cut a long story short she kept telling me 'my sister needs to get rid of her. She's looking for a home.' and she kept telling me. I knew by the way she was looking at me that I could walk away with this lovely dog. I asked her if she wanted any money for her. She said no, just a good home. I said to her then please make sure you ask a little money for her, even if its 20 quid as the dog fighters could get hold of her.
I ummed and ahhed in my head. I knew my mother would kill me and possibly kick me out the house, i'm on thin ice with her as it is and eventually I said 'I'm sorry i'd love another dog but my mum would kill me.'
And I walked away.
I feel SO GUILTY. She was a gorgeous dog, she had more of an ambull body and a sweet staffy like face with a longer nose. She didn't look typey. She was mostly white with a brown patch on one eye and random brown patches on the rest of her.She was very tall especially for her age, almost pointer sized. She was in good condition too, a couple of pounds overweight but lovely soft fur. She was wearing a blue staffy collar and lead. ARH I FEEL SO BAD. I bet she'll end up in a rescue and put to sleep or sold on to some uncaring rough chavvy scum who just uses her size to show off to his mates.
I phoned my mum in the supermarket and told her about the dog. I expected her to start screaming down the phone about 'no more animals' like she always does but all she said was 'how can people do that?'
But I couldn't have kept her-she was only seven months she might not even have been house trained and she was very bouncy and could have accidently knocked my baby nephew over. Also what would happen when she came into season!? She was so sweet though. But yeh, I missed my chance. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Missed a chance Empty Re: Missed a chance

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08 2012, 23:50

Sad bugger, well you didn't really miss your chance, as you said you wouldn't have been able to keep her, hopefully they really do look for a good home for the dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09 2012, 08:44

que sera - it was not meant to be

>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down