+3
Ben
Kathy
Taryn
7 posters

Go down

Lightning My biggest PEEVES about people and my dog. rant*

Post by Taryn Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:22

I have serious issues with how other people behave with my dog. I know, Romeo is VERY spoilt, but i also have very strict rules for him. He cant jump at people, he cant mouth, when i say no i mean it ect. But some people.. grrrr.

1. if he greets some one and jumps at them or mouths them, i tell him no and tell the person to push him away but they just go:
"oh its ok, i have a dog" I dont give a flying F*ck if you have a dog, your dog can jump over people and bite you, but is your dog going to be 20kgs of pure muscel?
"Its ok he's just a puppy" yeah, he is, but he's going to get bigger and i dont think its fair to let him do it as a baby and then get angry at him when he's older.

2. People who just come up and pat or call him.
Um hello, who the f*ck are you? I dont know about you guys, but i think its rude to touch some ones dog with out asking first. You dont know if he bites do you? No one stops to think i work in the fashion industry, and the suitcase full of hairdryers and bags of hair exstentions on my arms and the manic pase i'm walking might mean i'm in a hurry! and dont have time for you to fawn over him.

I HATE when people call for him.. whisteling, clicking, here puppy puppy. I'm sorry but bugger off. I was on the bus the other day and trying to get to a seat and some crazy woman just starts clicking and trying to get romeo's attention, i'm trying to get to a chair and your calling my 15kg dog to you, i nearly got knocked over. I give the DIRTEST looks to people who call my dog. I was also on an errend the other day to get some stockings for a photoshoot, i was in H&M. Romeo was sitting nicely next to me while i looked at them trying to find the right ones, when he started pulling like crazy and nearly tossed me into the shelf, i turn around to scold him and there is a woman crouching down about 3m away from me calling him to her. i wanted to kick her for the bruise i now have on my arm for smacking the shelf and then with out asking me she gives him some food from her pocket, i was ready to exsplode!

3. Friends of friends.
ohhhh... sometime i meet some of my friends friends who are not my own. and they think its ok to mess with Romeo. One girl.. when romeo was a tiny baby, 8 weeks old, she chased him all around the room scarying him so he hid behind me. I yelled at her so much for scarying a baby. She rough hoses him too much and then complains when he hurts her now he's older.
the big daddy of all my upsets was last week. I officially hate this girl. Romeo has a colapsable crate at the salon i work in. i was working, when this girl comes in to see her friend ( who is a coworker and friend of mine too). i pay no attention to it, until another friend (and coworker) nudges me to go look at romeo in the staff room..... This girl, has brought her friends, people i dont know (i dont even really know her) into the staff room. taken romeo out of his crate which he had been asleep in, and picked him up. Romeo HATES being picked up, so he wiggles like crazy, and he drops him. i ask her what the bloody H*ll she thinks she's doing and she just laughs and says "wow, he's bigger then last time i saw him" i just tell her she should leave, now!

I dont know about you guys. but... WTF is wrong with people. if they are not telling me he is dangerous to people, they are treating him like he belongs to them and being a danger to him!

Is it so hard to ASK before you pat him, call him, give him food or take him out of his cage when he's NOT YOUR DOG! AND YOU DONT KNOW ME!
the dogs not visouis... BUT I AM!

Last edited by kathytake2 on Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moved post to Rant & Rave)
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Lightning Re: My biggest PEEVES about people and my dog. rant*

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:27

All very good points. If you aren't the primary handler you should always ask before interacting with a dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:44

i mean, its ok if your my friend. ALL my friends know the rules for romeo, but... strangers doing it. some people are either brain dead or damn* rude
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:51

We always try to talk to people before they interact with Suki. Of course sometimes it doesn't work. Thankfully she is a good natured dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:56

yeah so is romeo, but people always seem to do it at the most annoying of times! i mean i would never touch some ones dog with out sking, gods knows the dog could bite, even if it appaears friendly. these people who call to romeo... gah they fu*ck me of right good
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:59

One of the main reasons they have to be trained so well is stupid people. If there was an incident it would be seen as the dogs fault Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Mar 02 2012, 12:05

my thoughts as well
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Mar 02 2012, 14:59

Friends of Friends- I think it is just rude to help yourself to someone else's dog whilst he is trying to sleep in his crate. They should not just go and take him out.

Last edited by kathytake2 on Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added further info)
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:06

Agree with all the points made. I also hate "experts" who try to tell me all about my dogs.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:07

kathytake2 wrote:Friends of Friends- I think it is just rude to help yourself to someone else's dog whilst he is trying to sleep in his crate. They should not just go and take him out.

and then drop him. i was about ready to put her through a wall
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:23

People calling on Violet does my head in. When we're out and she see's someone, she gets excited, which I know is not ideal, so I say, loudly, 'nice and calm', then the person walking by will start clucking or whistling at her, which is not helping her to be calm!
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:24

You go girl!! Some valid points I must say!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:43

whenever I see anyone walking with a staffy I ALWAYS ask if it is okay if I pat them..I most certainly would not take someone else's dog out of a crate ...and then drop him!! ..poor Romeo! Sad

When Winston was younger I would say to people if he jumps up at you tell him off..and they would say "Oh it's okay I don't mind! " angry

I know where you are coming from!

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Fri Mar 02 2012, 17:20

The problem is staffies are cute ,its better than having people call them devil dogs and running away ,A large glass of wine cures most problems !!!
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
My biggest PEEVES about people and my dog. rant* Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 20:39

All good points there Taryn. I hate it when it is clear from our actions that Ty is being walked 'in training' mode with me constantly giving him instructions like halt, heel etc and some fool walks by and calls him.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:20

All VERY valid points. When Romeo was younger I couldn't stand people stopping and making a fuss of him and completely ignoring me! What am I-wallpaper? If I stop to stroke a dog I first ask the owner if he's friendly and then make small talk with the owner-I don't rough house the dog round the head then walk off without talking, its just plain bad manners!
Of course now he's older no one wants to come near him! rolling on the floor

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content