Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please!

+8
rascal-girl
shakespearesdog
Steve
Jackieb
Ben
Irene
Kathy
Ilovemystaffies11
12 posters

Go down

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Empty Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please!

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Mon Feb 27 2012, 19:35

Hi everyone,

I'm desperately seeking help with a rare phenomena regards the colour of 2 pups of my bitches litter.

Firstly, the dam is red and white pied and the sire is also red and white pied they are 90% red both of them with only 10% white markings, this is there second litter together and both of them are owned by myself (litters are 2 years apart) they are both full pedigree with no health problems or complaints and an absolute credit to the breed. There first litter was an abundance of 7 puppies, all with similar markings to both parents all red and white pied just differed in markings, now there second litter together she had 4 puppies which are the ones that I would like some advice about. 2 bitches and 2 dogs, sadly we lost the first born bitch 2 hours after birth it is still undetermined as to how she died as I personally tried for well over an hour to resuscitate her. She was red and white pied, as is the other bitch of the litter. Now the 2 boys that we have is who I would like comments about please if anybody knows as to why this has happened I would be greatly obliged for any feedback that is left.
The 2 boys are both remarkably white, now I understand that there should be some form of darker markings on them but there is nil! There pads, nose, ears are all pink in pigmentation now I realise that albino could be used to describe them but being an avid lover of Staffordshire bull terriers I have never come across an all white staff with no minor markings before, I have searched from tail to nose for any colourings but there isn't any at all they are as white as snow.
The red and white litter mate is already starting to lose the pink pigmentation on her pads and has a black nose but the boys have no sign of this change.

Any help would be greatly obliged,
Many thanks.
Holly.

Ilovemystaffies11
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Elle-Jae, Starr & Rocky
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females & 1 Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Empty Re: Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please!

Post by Kathy Mon Feb 27 2012, 19:42

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

The link below shows the Staffy colours. Hope this helps.

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/standardataglance.html
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Empty Re: Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please!

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Mon Feb 27 2012, 19:48

Thank you! I'm just so taken back by it all, are pure white staffs hard to come by then as I have never seen one?
You could imagine the shock on my face when out came the first white prince, thought I was seeing things had to rub my eyes!
Thanks again,

Holly.

Elle-Jae, Starr & Rocky and the 3 munchkins!

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:18

Hello and welcome from Zac and me - I have no idea about colourings but someone on here will be able to help I'm sure Smile

I'd love to see pics of the pups Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:26

I have seen one or two all whites before, but most do have a dark spot somewhere. Do you have any pics? We love pics here, especially newborn puppy pics Smile

Before I forget, hello and welcome from me and my boy Charlie Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:46

Hi & Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Icon_arrow Make a Donate to help us to keep us improving our forum and website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:51

Hi & welcome.

Ilovemystaffies11 wrote:Thank you! I'm just so taken back by it all, are pure white staffs hard to come by then as I have never seen one?

Although all-whites are relatively rare, they are not unheard of. They could be albinos (although I would think that having two in one litter is a bit of a coincidence!). However, pigment can take a while to come through fully, and it could be that darker markings (nose, pads, eye rims etc) may appear over time. You might also see some 'dappling' on their bellies as they get a bit older.

Can you post any pics?

If they are completely white, I'd advise you to get their hearing tested sooner rather than later, as white dogs are often prone to deafness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:54

Many of the white ones develop dark spots (black pigmented) later and can be born all white as you described. My white boy has some black pigment in his skin but other than that is all white. The black can get larger. Watch them for some issues with their skin and potential for blindness and deafness. Mine is fine (a bit sun sensitive), but you should at least be on the lookout.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:55

Aw, Caryll you beat me to the send button lol. Big Grin
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:56

bbimson wrote:Aw, Caryll you beat me to the send button lol. Big Grin

You gotta hand it to me....I'm quick! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:59

Thank you all for your welcoming support! Smile
And thank you for all your comments, they are all taken into account and as soon as the pups ears and eyes open they will be back at the vets for a check up and eyes and ears will be tested, fingers crossed til then.
They are just over 72 hours old now and both mum and pups are extremely healthy and doing just fine!
About the photos, I kind of have a problem, as silly as it sounds I cannot upload for some reason? If anybody has an iPad and knows how to do it through that I would be very grateful! Laughing

Holly

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:05

Hopefully Steve will see this & let you know how to upload from ipad - he's the forum guru!

(I haven't a clue, I'm a dunce! Big Grin )

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:07

This is a link, well I hope it is anyway and these are my beauties Smile

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:08

Thank you caryll, I can't seem to come to grasps with the silly thing!
To much technology is bloody dangerous Laughing

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:23

Gorgeous looking dogs !

Good luck with the fur babies , looking forward to seeing pics of them.

X
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Feb 28 2012, 11:46

i never use a ipad i cant help i think ben use one he will help you

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:09

Hi and welcome to the forum. Dying to see pictures but cannot see any link?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Feb 28 2012, 13:25

You have to download the photobucket app. Ue it to upload from the iPad. You can click the chain at the top of a photo in photobucket and touch the img code. It copies and you paste it in the txt box where you type and paste. It will show up if you hit preview or send. Hope that helps!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Tue Feb 28 2012, 14:40

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! 25fa4c1b

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! 95ebe76d

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! 593dbf49

The picture of the 3 adults, Elle-Jae is layed down, Starr is sat at the front and Rocky is at the back. Starr is their daughter from there first litter over 2 years ago now Smile
And here is Elle-Jae with our new little additions :-)

Thank you bbimson it worked! Step by step as well thank you very much!
Hope you like the photos!

Holly, Elle-Jae, Starr & Rocky

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Feb 28 2012, 14:58

They are all beautiful dogs, glad you got the ipad sorted my hubby and I have just been looking at these may get one soon.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:01

Beautiful dogs! Love the white babies, but making sure they are healthy is the best plan! Glad everything got sorted out with the iPad.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:03

Gorgeous dogs!! Awww @ white babies Smile looking forward to seeing more pics of them ap they grow Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:26

You can get solid white staffs. They may end up becoming 'spotty' with black marks as they get older and sit in the sun.
What gorgeous dogs you own. I'm on the look out for a red or white girl, can't get them here.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by rascal-girl Wed Feb 29 2012, 08:30

One of Rascal's littermates was all white, not a speck of colour on him - he's also deaf. A friend of ours took the little white fella plus another boy. He's doing great! His owner uses hand signals, but a lot of the time he just follows his brother around Big Grin Love your pics, they're just gorgeous dogs!!!
rascal-girl
rascal-girl
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 08:47

Skyes one brother was pure white the rest including her where white with patches

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:36

awww puppies!
sorry I have nothing else to add.... Smile
alexiastra
alexiastra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:48

What beautiful dogs!

It'll be interesting to see how the pups turn out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:08

A big massive thank you to everyone who has commented about my kids!
Thank you for your Kind words, they all blushed when I told them Laughing
Now the puppies are really blooming, from weighing just over 1lb at birth on average between them they have now doubled in weight and I could hold all 3 in both hands now I can manage just one at a time, little porkers! I have new photos of them and will put them up below this post Smile

Holly & the gang

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:11

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! A7fb3fbf

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Aa97ccb7

Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Ed76e86e

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:12

Aw, they are sooooo sweet! Love Struck

Do you have any pet names for them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:16

Thank you! Smile

I do yes, I know you shouldn't but you can't help but get attached there my babies Laughing

The boys are, Gunner & Winston and the little lady is named Lana Smile

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:55

I'm guessing you already have a waiting list for the little sweeties? They are SOOOO CUTTTE Love Struck I'm a sucker for reds and whites. <3 Will you be keeping one of them? I know if I bred a litter I couldn't resist!

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Thu Mar 01 2012, 11:35

I had a waiting list before they was even bred together lol, my parents are having one but they both want different ones, my mum wants the girl and my dad wants the boy so there still squabbling over them Laughing
And my friends aren't fussed which one they get as they've been wanting one of their pups since my last litter but again they was all spoken for so they have patiently waited Smile
I have 3 staffs already, been nicknamed the crazy staff lady I think that 3 is my limit but I would love to keep them all but they are all staying with family and close friends this time so I'm ecstatic about that I still get to see them grow up :-)!! My girl is getting spayed once the pups are 8 weeks and flown the nest so this is my last litter .. Phewww!

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:28

Make sure they all join the forum so we get to see them grow up too Big Grin
alexiastra
alexiastra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Thu Mar 01 2012, 21:41

I'll be getting regular updates and photos so I'll be posting them up Smile can't wait to see how these white pups turn out! Exciteddd Laughing

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 22:36

alexiastra wrote:Make sure they all join the forum so we get to see them grow up too Big Grin

That would be good!

Ilovemystaffies11 wrote:I'll be getting regular updates and photos so I'll be posting them up Smile can't wait to see how these white pups turn out! Exciteddd Laughing

I love the names & it'll be fantastic watching them grow up!

Back to top Go down

Post by marloes Thu Mar 01 2012, 23:00

congrats on these gorgeous pups, i love white!!!!
when tygo was born he was also white without pigment. but that changed over time. even wen he was fully grown he still got more pigment, but never developed a total black nose.
marloes
marloes
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : pride and glory flying gentleman, isa v.d westmaat, soulman @ moorlandsdream, tygo @ moorlandsdream
Support total : 3

http://www.moorlandsdream.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali's Bitch Fri Mar 09 2012, 00:18

Parents and pups r sooooooo beautifull Love Struck
Ali's Bitch
Ali's Bitch

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ali
Dog(s) Ages : 1 yr

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilovemystaffies11 Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:52

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am about to upload a few more pics for you all to see how there getting on! :-)

Ilovemystaffies11

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 18:07

lush Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bonnieboy Wed Mar 21 2012, 00:56

Beautiful pups just like bonnie when she was born there are a few pics of puppy Bonnie in this thread https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t1799-hello-all

She was totally white with a pink nose when she came out, her nose turned black in a few days and now she almost looks Dalmatian! Her spots are actually in her skin pigment but show through her coat cos its so light. Mum was red/white pied dad red/blue mix.

Ill try and post a pic of Bonnie now from my phone
bonnieboy
bonnieboy

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by bonnieboy Wed Mar 21 2012, 01:29

Bonnie at 17 months
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! 7001601741_1147fc1140
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! 6855484528_a13037366b
bonnieboy
bonnieboy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 02:16

omg your dogs are beautiful.

Last edited by Equi on Wed Mar 21 2012, 02:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 02:17

As far as i know about genetics red is dominant, so the pups are..odd....

If they were bred then their pups would probably be red.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 02:18

was one of the sire/dams parents/grandparents white?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 02:29

They are adorable and the parents are gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 03:24

Nor can i!

Piglette is a pure white staff, and shes adorable. So they will look like her hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 08:21

bonnieboy wrote:Bonnie at 17 months
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! 7001601741_1147fc1140
Flabbergasted on the colour of my newborn staff pups advice please! 6855484528_a13037366b

Really like the second pic

Back to top Go down

Post by bonnieboy Wed Mar 21 2012, 08:32

Like butter wouldn't melt! Smile
bonnieboy
bonnieboy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down