Andy
i love leah and lois
stiofan
janey
shakespearesdog
Steve
22 posters

Go down

Scariest moment with your dog(s) Empty Scariest moment with your dog(s)

Post by Steve Fri Feb 17 2012, 12:44

here my

Xena
On holiday in a chalet there were lots of rabbits in the fields and around the chalets plus it was pitch black xena bolted after them and i couldn't find her I dont want to s i walk around for like a hour looking for her then when i got back she just pop up whew!

Sam & billie
When sam and billie was pup they was playing out in the back garden and they went through the hedge and got lost in next door long grass poop moment

Last edited by Steve on Fri Feb 17 2012, 16:54; edited 2 times in total

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scariest moment with your dog(s) Empty Re: Scariest moment with your dog(s)

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Feb 17 2012, 13:16

When Romeo went after a fox when we were out walking at 5am and ran into my old school and disspeared into the shadows then I spotted him across the road running after the fox through peoples front gardens and he wouldn't respond to my voice at all!
The other day when we saw another fox and went to run off infront of a van that was reversing but I shouted 'no' hysterically and he actually listened and stopped dead.
I've lost years off my life to foxes.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Feb 17 2012, 13:21

Nothing as of yet with Moo thankfully.

I once popped to the shops and left Scrumpy outside (yes I know its frowned upon but it was for fags and I could see her). Well I got home, erm, without a dog! I forgot to take her with me and had left her outside the shop!

Gotta say my heart skipped a few beats as I legged it back to the shop to get her. Lesson well and truely learnt there. Stupid me!!

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 13:23

Years ago Jethro was tied on the back of our ute at a fete..and something must have scared him ( there was a noisy old machinery display nearby ) Came back after 10 mins..Jethro's chain there...no Jethro. There were thousands at the fete.. I was running around hysterically asking people if they had seen a staffy..lots of people said yeah I was patting him! I saw some cops and ran up to them crying..they must have thought I had been attacked or something..I was starting to really freak out..about 20 minutes had passed, and I saw Tony walking towards me..with Jethro !! He was found in a food hall under a sign that said NO DOGS and a lady had been feeding him some sausage roll! The longest 20 minutes of my life...my mind had been running wild...

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Fri Feb 17 2012, 13:30

We were in the park with the three dogs when an Alsatian ran in and attacked the staffys .Kassidy and Sisko joined in, i managed to get them to sit beside me until the owner caught his dog. But the scariest bit was that Tasha my 15yr old lurcher had got such a fright she ran out of the park and crossed two roads and went home.When we got there she was sitting on the door step waiting. I usually walk Tasha alone now to keep an eye on her as she is now very worried by dogs rushing over.She is still able to go with her dog walker who has been taking her for almost 15yrs now.
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Scariest moment with your dog(s) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Fri Feb 17 2012, 14:40

none yet with milly yet thankfully
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Feb 17 2012, 16:26

Not much really with Max yet whew!

Zac (my last staffy ... very DA) had loads of scare's with him over the years nail biting

One of the scariest that springs to mind, is when he was sunbathing next to me while I was working outside, he heard the familier yap yap of this guys "show" Shelties from up the road that go mental at him every time they go past the house !! up he bolts, and straight through the gate that my daughter had left open without me knowing Surprised doh .. closely followed by me shoutin my head off for him to stop!! ... NO CHANCE! ... the guy walks all five of these little yappers at the same time, which was the only thing that saved them I think, as Zac was like a fox in a chciken pen!, he didnt know which one to go for first, which luckily gave me a vital second or two to catch up and grab hold of him just as he was about to select his first victim doh ... that could've ended SOOOOO badly !! I dont want to s
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 16:50

When Monty is sick ! He has vomited a few times. I start to panic when I see his stomach wrenching before it comes up. He usually picks his spot on an expensive rug we have in the house. I have to roll back the carpet and try and get his aim on the wooden floor, without tryng to touch him ... I wouldn't dare pick him up and upset his stomach. It's horrible to see, but a relief to see him bouncing about minutes later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Feb 17 2012, 17:10

With Monte about 5 months ago, out for a walk in the agg fields and he was doing great off lead but some little birds popped up and he went after them. He wouldn't respond to me and was chaising them towards a very large busy road where there are often animals hit as drivers are going about 70mph. I thought I was going to lose him... I was hoarse from yelling for a few days.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 17:15

bbimson wrote:With Monte about 5 months ago, out for a walk in the agg fields and he was doing great off lead but some little birds popped up and he went after them. He wouldn't respond to me and was chaising them towards a very large busy road where there are often animals hit as drivers are going about 70mph. I thought I was going to lose him... I was hoarse from yelling for a few days.

I was gritting my teeth reading that. Dogs have no perception about the road .. Monty flew right out on the road last night whilst on his lead, I live on a main road, but thankfully, the lead stopped him !

Back to top Go down

Post by appollo13102000 Fri Feb 17 2012, 18:01

appollo was about 18 months old id left him in the garden
chained because he was an escape artist went to bring him in
his chain was dangleing over the 6ft fence no dog on the end
hed heard a neighbour walk past and jumpped fence to say hello
he almost hung himself, but as he lived to 18 and half years dont think to much damage was done.
then just before christmas murfy did hid hudini act dissapeared for 3 hours i was frantic
we were hat local country park he decided to go walk about ended up crossing the humber bridge
twice i was going mental and where did i find him he went back to where i had originally parked the car
he just sat n gave me a look that was like " where the hell have you been ive been looking all over for you"
didnt know if should kick him or kiss him i was frantic"

Last edited by appollo13102000 on Fri Feb 17 2012, 18:22; edited 1 time in total
appollo13102000
appollo13102000

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : ruby/ nigel
Dog(s) Ages : 9 and 7ish
Dog Gender(s) : female/male
Support total : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Fri Feb 17 2012, 18:16

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 02:42; edited 1 time in total

Pado
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Scariest moment with your dog(s) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Eggpatch Fri Feb 17 2012, 19:35

Janey....my other half did the same with our last dog Murphy,may he rest in peace. He went to shop at the bottom of our street and tied murphy up outside.....bought some provisions and then came home! Well 2 mins later there was a knock at our door and a neighbour stood there with a very relieved murphy by their side and uttered...."I think you forgot something"! I have never let him live that down!
Eggpatch
Eggpatch
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Neville
Dog(s) Ages : 2years 4 months
Support total : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Fri Feb 17 2012, 20:30

we were walking sasha on a coastal walk,the actual edge of the cliff was fenced off with some wire fencing,trouble was the other side of the wire was loads and loads of rabbits!she went mental and some how managed to get through the fencing running right on the edge of the cliff,rabbits were going mad,sasha was on a hunting frenzy and we looked like a couple that had escaped from a mental home as we were running trying to get her!soo scared praying
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Feb 17 2012, 20:59

Eggpatch wrote:Janey....my other half did the same with our last dog Murphy,may he rest in peace. He went to shop at the bottom of our street and tied murphy up outside.....bought some provisions and then came home! Well 2 mins later there was a knock at our door and a neighbour stood there with a very relieved murphy by their side and uttered...."I think you forgot something"! I have never let him live that down!

I am so pleased I'm not the only one Blushing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 21:12

The one i can think of is when harv was younger we were walking through the park at about midday and harv was off lead, only for a fox to run straight across harvs path who gave chase straight towards the very busy main road, I've never shouted so much and he eventually stopped dead but i think it knocked a few years off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Feb 17 2012, 21:35

The scariest moment with Rocky so far was when he was attacked by the GSD in our local woods just before Christmas.

i really thought those two dogs were going to kill him. Not an experience I want to repeat. Crying or Very sad
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Feb 17 2012, 22:55

I think i have been so lucky so far but worst moment is, and I know your all gonna laugh at me... was walking in park the other week and saw 2 JRT off lead in the distance so leaded marley and when we got closer one went for him big style, im now convinced marley will stand there and be eaten alive before doing anything so did what I shouldnt and picked him up...heavy lil git i used to carry him on one arm... so wanted to flick the yappy toothball over the hedge next to me ...restraint prevailed
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by CMR Fri Feb 17 2012, 23:02

With someone elses' dog, while a teen, I went to feed an uncle's dog while he was away. He was happy to see me, I fed him, we played in the garden for the best part of an hour, took him back in then when I got by the front door to leave the idiot decided to have a go at me and I still have the scars on my left arm to remind me of him. He was a big fat mastiff and I had to change my pants when I got home. Big Grin

Catalin
CMR
CMR

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 23:13

Suki escaped her harness one day in the park and ran off. Took me like 20 minutes to catch her since she thought we were playing a game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18 2012, 00:07

my scariest moment with kenny , one day walking across the beach, he spots a seagull , chased it, and jumped straight off the rocks into the sea, luckly for kenny my hubby was hot on his tail. at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18 2012, 00:30

i take Herman with me sometimes when i walk to a pet supply place across a very busy road. one day he decided to lay down right smack dab in the middle of the intersection! Surprised cars everywhere, i paniced and picked him up and carried him across the road myself. have some gray hair after that one! doh

Back to top Go down

Post by dillibags Sat Feb 18 2012, 11:58

Maisie spotted a cat in corner of field, squeezed through the hedge after it, across a road and through another hedge into a field full of cows and calves. I had to climb over two gates to get to her, then the cows were coming towards us bellowing, so picked her up and threw her over the locked gate.....she weighs 26 kilo, acutally damaged vertebrae in my neck. Have never been back to that field since I dont want to s
dillibags
dillibags
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maisie
Dog Gender(s) : Femal;e
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18 2012, 12:40

Vinnie : when he was a pup i accidentally let go of the lead i was walking him and on my way back so around the corner from my house .. i accidentally let go and he darted of i ran after him got to the corner and saw him sat waiting for me on the corner longest few ft i ran in my life!! lol.
His also jumped the fence in the back garden numerous times the lil sod!! lol .. LUCKILY the garden he gets into has a gate and a good fence either side so i wasn't able to get out on the main street! .. didn't stop me having mini heart attacks every time i'd go in the garden and he was gone tho! lol.

Skye: She jumped the side fence to next door's garden and they have a tip of garden long grass and barely any fencing etc .. i went outside and she was gone, i manage to go over and get her, then a few days later she did it again only this time she wouldn't come back .. i had to go over and get her only for her to dart to the back of her garden where god only knows where it leads!! she then come out 2doors down i darted over the fences and managed to grab her!! .. she could of ended up on the main streets or attacked by the dog a few doors down for going into his garden (his not a happy boy at the best of times!)

Needless to say we have cut the main garden out until the fences are fixed so they cant escape!!.

Diesel was DA my mom took him out one day in the car, he was in his car harness and as she opened the door he managed to get out and ran across the road and he got bitten by a GS so diesel turned around and attacked it, the GS was off the lead in an area where ALL DOGS are meant to be on the lead .. my mom grabbed the blokes GS's lead attached it to diesel and manged to get diesel off.
Days later we found out the bloke went to the police saying diesel randomly came up to his dog who was on the lead walking nicely and attacked him!! 1. the owner couldn't control his dog on or off the lead 2. the dog was off the lead and 3. the GS attacked Diesel first.
THANKFULLY the police looked at CCTV and the cameras caught it all on camera proving the bloke was lying so nothing else become of it and the bloke got a fine for not having his dog on the lead!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18 2012, 13:18

Millie is a bit like houdini with her collar or harness and when she was younger it was pretty scary as she wouldn't come back. She had me in tears one night when she done it because it was dark and all I could see was the white tip of her tail disappear. Luckily a guy found her and had tried to phone but didn't get through. He had been going to take her home for the night when he saw me walking around bawling.
When I was 18 I had my ex's dog out a walk in the woods, gorgeous german shepherd, and a stag appeared on the path about 10ft in front of me and stopped and stared at us, the thing was huge and didn't look in the least bit scared. Talk about being rooted to the spot in fear.I was sure either it would charge at us or the dog would go for it and at 7st there wasn't much I was going to be doing about either situation. Thankfully after what felt like ages it turned its back and walked away along the path. Have to add, it was the last time I ever walked the dog on my own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sat Feb 18 2012, 14:18

Watching Troy around on his back hysterically as if he was having a fit on only the second night of ownership.

Turned out to be ear infection.

Gee

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18 2012, 15:22

My scariest moment was Tyson bolting at agility last week. I know the area is enclosed but he still had his lead on with the half check and I had visions of the lead catching on a branch or something else in the dense under growth and him being strangled in a place I couldnt get to. I was sort of peeved when he did come back with a huge grin none the wiser of my terror.

Back to top Go down

Post by sue&nick Sat Feb 18 2012, 20:11

when our dog ran into a field of horses he had never botherd before and never has since but for some reason that day he bolted right into the middle of them was so scared that day
sue&nick
sue&nick
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : connor and milly
Dog Gender(s) : boy and girl
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19 2012, 00:35

When Russell was swimming after a stick in the dam and then started struggling visibly until under he went! then he popped back up, swam a bit more and then under again, I could tell he was running out of energy and wouldn't get back so I swam in after him and grabbed him.

back on land and he's straight back in --- that's when I decided to buy him a life jacket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19 2012, 05:24

Meg the same thing with Winston..the first time he fell in the dam when playing here with a pals dog ..he came up, and went straight back under..Tony leapt in fully clothed to grab him.. my hero !! Love Struck
It didn't scare him at all though as we all know he loves the water!

Life jackets give such peace of mind , don't they!

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesboro Sun Feb 19 2012, 21:52

About 4 years ago some new people moved in next door. They had a very vocal Cocker Spaniel bitch that barked almost constantly at Jake over the fence between our yards. Jake would bark back and get frustrated. Anyway the two never met until about a year later, i was getting ready to take Jake for a walk, i had the front door open and Jake was sitting (as usual) waiting for his lead to be put on. Suddenly he bolted out the front. I heard some blood curdling yelps and by the time i'd got outside Jake had next doors Cocker by the throat and pinned to the floor! Luckily one shout from me and he released the Cocker, shaken but unharmed. Its weird because he'd never attacked another dog before and was always really tolerant and playfull with bitches, but i think this dog had wound him up so much over the year that he just couldn't resist telling her who was boss. It was all pretty scary as the cocker was really yelping but on checking her over with her owning she had no bite marks so i guess Jake hadn't applied any real pressure, thank god.
jamesboro
jamesboro
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Nellie
Dog(s) Ages : 5 mths
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soz Sun Feb 19 2012, 23:50

My back garden abutts a field full of sheep. One night at about 11 p.m. I took Chase out in the garden for his final wee. I alwayd put a flashing l.e.d. light on his collar as it is very dark out there, but I was horrified to see the light go up in the air. Chase had climbed a wall into the field Surprised I had to follow and after half an hour and after having to literally throw him back over the wall, I managed to go inside and get to bed. I had this bit of wall fenced off.
However, two weeks later the exact same thing happened again. The little bugger had found a small escape route and obviously was remembering the fun he had last time. This time I could only stand and watch the flashing lights go higher and higher up the field and away out of my sight. I stayed in the freezing cold for half an hour but never saw him again. He eventually came home at 01.30 a.m and was well and truly put in the naughty corner.
Unbelievably, both nights the sheep had not been present. Had they been, and had the farmer seen him, he would have been shot on the spot. Sad
Needless to say, I then had to fence that escape route, but its ruined my life in that I can never let him alone in the back garden just in case the tinker finds another route out. Crying or Very sad
Soz
Soz

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chase
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by CMR Sun Feb 26 2012, 19:24

I just washed the car at the front of the house, then came in to have dinner. i was preparing food with OH and asked the kidds to help. two kids were taking food through while one had to stay in the lounge at all times so that Lucy didn't get to my dinner before me. sat down to eat when realised my favourite kid was no where to be seen, some thought she was upstairs so up they went, son went to look in the garden. a very cold chill went up my spine as I walked to the front door; loads went through my mind in the 2 secs. the monkey was right there, sitting by the door while locked outside. phew, I do have a gate but some idiot could have taken her. all good, getting my compulsory cuddle now
CMR
CMR

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie1 Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:58

When I had Millie at the yard. The farrier was out and OH was in the yard owners garden chucking a toy for her. It bounced wonkey and she followed it head first into the bird bath. She yelped turned round and there was blood absolutely every where her, mouth was full off it. We did think she had broken her jaw. We did a mad dash to the vets. Luckly the worst she had done was smash some teeth. So she ended up having quite a few removed.

Last edited by Maggie1 on Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:09; edited 1 time in total
Maggie1
Maggie1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by NatureClip Mon Feb 27 2012, 15:04

Just reading these makes me feel on edge!

We've been quite lucky with our foster dogs. We are not allowed to have them off lead at all so I had no experience of recall training at this time. Me and my brother were moving furniture, he left the door ajar and Buster managed to open it.

Buster is a 29kg Staffy who looks like a big pig when he is malting and his fur is thin. I saw him in the neighbours garden and my heart stopped. I tried to hide the panic in my voice when I called him to me but he looked at me knowingly, and as quick as a flash he tore off. Luckily, we live in a 'close' and he went left (to a dead end) and not right (to the rest of the world).

I have never ran so fast, I cleared two neighbours walls to head him off and managed to reach him. His tail was wagging away - it was a big game to him. To me it was sheer panic - what if a car comes, what if a neighbour get scared (one in particular would), what do I say to the RSPCA if I he legs it....funny now but at the time, sheesh.
NatureClip
NatureClip

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 3ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 26

https://www.youtube.com/natureclip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 15:59

reading all these stories all I can say is our doggies keep us on our toes !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:39

My hearts been in my mouth reading there stories!! Had nothing with Zac yet ... Touch wood!

We live on a busy main road and my previous staff, Henry who was just a pup (r.i.p lovely boy) ran out of our front garden and into the road. I just froze as cars on both sides of the road hit the brakes and I managed to find my legs and run out and scoop up my little man before he was run over.

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down