staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

Go down

staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one Empty staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 16 2012, 23:11

Havnt got or ordered one of these but thought others may be interested, lovely staffy slip collar Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Designer-Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-Dog-Collar-25mm-1-/270904731505?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item3f132e2771

Back to top Go down

staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one Empty Re: staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17 2012, 01:44

cool Cool

Back to top Go down

staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one Empty Re: staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17 2012, 03:21

Very snazzy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17 2012, 08:30

lovely, you know we are expecting pics when it comes

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17 2012, 10:27

Lol lynne i havnt bought any i thought others maybe interested but who knows i might end up get them one lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog on Fri Feb 17 2012, 12:12

OOO I like that, I think i'll order one later.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 17 2012, 18:57

Pictures would be lovely if you get romeo one jade Smile x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee on Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:25

Is that a choke mechanism on that collar? Looks to tighten if the dog pulls or am I being stupid?

Gee
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:32

Yes, but it looks like the D ring would stop it tightening too much - so it's basically a half-check.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee on Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:36

What's your opinion on these type of choke mechanisms?

I've read some are really against them?

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:40

When I ran a dog training club back in the 70's we used them as a matter of course. Used properly they are ok, because they don't choke. However, used improperly they are at best a waste of time and at worst cruel.

I use a half-check on Dempsey purely because he has a peculiar way of flicking his head & pulling out of an ordinary flat collar! I've never actually worked out exactly how he does it, but he does! And I don't like harnesses because I just don't have enough control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee on Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:54

How would a choke collar be used improperly? I guess they are supposed to discourage the discourage the dog from pulling but I say many a dogs pulling heir owners along gagging due to be choked but don't seem to work?

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum