staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

2 posters

Go down

staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one Empty staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16 2012, 23:11

Havnt got or ordered one of these but thought others may be interested, lovely staffy slip collar Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Designer-Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-Dog-Collar-25mm-1-/270904731505?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item3f132e2771

Back to top Go down

staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one Empty Re: staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 01:44

cool Cool

Back to top Go down

staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one Empty Re: staffordshire bull terrier collar, not the fleece one

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 03:21

Very snazzy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 08:30

lovely, you know we are expecting pics when it comes

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 10:27

Lol lynne i havnt bought any i thought others maybe interested but who knows i might end up get them one lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Feb 17 2012, 12:12

OOO I like that, I think i'll order one later.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 18:57

Pictures would be lovely if you get romeo one jade Smile x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:25

Is that a choke mechanism on that collar? Looks to tighten if the dog pulls or am I being stupid?

Gee
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:32

Yes, but it looks like the D ring would stop it tightening too much - so it's basically a half-check.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:36

What's your opinion on these type of choke mechanisms?

I've read some are really against them?

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:40

When I ran a dog training club back in the 70's we used them as a matter of course. Used properly they are ok, because they don't choke. However, used improperly they are at best a waste of time and at worst cruel.

I use a half-check on Dempsey purely because he has a peculiar way of flicking his head & pulling out of an ordinary flat collar! I've never actually worked out exactly how he does it, but he does! And I don't like harnesses because I just don't have enough control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:54

How would a choke collar be used improperly? I guess they are supposed to discourage the discourage the dog from pulling but I say many a dogs pulling heir owners along gagging due to be choked but don't seem to work?

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down