Info needed on how long my bitch will be on season?

3 posters

Go down

Info needed on how long my bitch will be on season? Empty Info needed on how long my bitch will be on season?

Post by *AL* Tue Feb 07 2012, 19:07

Our Ellie started her first 'season' around the 14th of Jan, we noticed 'spotting' and we have kept her in since. The spotting stopped at around 10 days and i'm informed this will be her most fertile period. How long does this period last before it's safe to take her out again? Her 'bits' are not so swollen now everything seems to have settled down now. Will she be on heat still? How do we know when this has totally finished as i don't want a pack of dogs following us for walks yet i desperately want to start taking her out again. Cheers in advance and i hope this has made sense! Ellie is our first dog. Love Struck

*AL*
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Info needed on how long my bitch will be on season? Empty Re: Info needed on how long my bitch will be on season?

Post by thepack Tue Feb 07 2012, 19:14

My vet used to say from start to finish it was approx 1 month long every 6ish months.

I would imagine she is still in heat but would be advisable to go to the vet or call them up for advice as they will know better and can advise you on precautions etc.

There are always Bitch Pants if you wanted to try them, Ive never used them so cant comment on them, but I have known people who do use them

thepack
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Info needed on how long my bitch will be on season? Empty Re: Info needed on how long my bitch will be on season?

Post by Steve Tue Feb 07 2012, 19:16

around 3 weeks but all dogs are different

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *AL* Tue Feb 07 2012, 20:47

Cheers guys.

*AL*

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07 2012, 22:14

I used to wait roughly 28 days from the first signs of a season before going back to a normal routine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down