Being sent abusive emails for owning staffies!!!

+3
Kathy
janey
mysticbull
7 posters

Go down

Being sent abusive emails for owning staffies!!! Empty Being sent abusive emails for owning staffies!!!

Post by mysticbull Fri Feb 03 2012, 01:55

I have received ten emails today alone and 50 in total this week being abusive about me owning and breeding my dogs! I am so angry it is unreal! I am being accused of not caring about all the rescue centres with staffs in them and what gets me is since the media have reported it twice this month suddenly people who do not own staffs care! I have been working alongside this breed since I was a child helping my mother to rehome, train and care for staffs and many other breeds affected by negligent people and now I am get abuse hurled at me by complete strangers! I am not sure what to do about this, but I am so angry that the media are not only portraying the breed as biscuits monsters but are also trying to stain every bull terrier owners name!!! It's awful that there are so many in need but there are also many other breeds in the same position! People need to start believing what I see as propaganda and open their eyes to the fact that bad people make bad dogs and should not be allowed to own one full stop! I am nit happy that I have to justify myself to anyone and am disgusted that I am getting these msgs and I am now thinking about trying to do something about this! I am proud to own my dogs and I will never change that!
mysticbull
mysticbull
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sky, Storm, Breeze, Bliss, Duchess
Dog Gender(s) : 1 male 4 females
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Being sent abusive emails for owning staffies!!! Empty Re: Being sent abusive emails for owning staffies!!!

Post by mysticbull Fri Feb 03 2012, 01:56

Vicious not biscuits lol!
mysticbull
mysticbull

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Being sent abusive emails for owning staffies!!! Empty Re: Being sent abusive emails for owning staffies!!!

Post by janey Fri Feb 03 2012, 09:15

Mmm I believe and get everything you say, sadly I don't agree with breeding unless its done for the betterment of the breed and even then I don't really agree, there are far to many in shelters. Thats just my opinion and I certainly wouldn't slate anyone if they are prepared to do it properly so to speak.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Feb 03 2012, 09:24

Have you reported the emails to the police? It is a criminal offence to send emails like that.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by mummysaz21 Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:07

Absalutly discusting.however i do disagree breeding staffs full stop at min.farrrr to many.that said i wouldent hassle you about it

mummysaz21
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:24

How horrible, you dont need that! I can understand people saying that there are lots in the shelters so stop breeding but to be fair there what would we do if every staff in the world was spayed or nutered then the breed would very quickly died out!

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:42

Have you replied to any? Don't! but keep them all

Contact the police atleast get it logged there are a couple of options depending on the content of the email and how you feel about it
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:55

jshrew wrote:Have you replied to any? Don't! but keep them all

Contact the police atleast get it logged there are a couple of options depending on the content of the email and how you feel about it

Totally agree. Print them off if you can (in case of computer breakdown!) and take them to the police. Nobody, no matter what they think about breeding, has the right to send you abusive emails. Are these from all different people or just a few? If it's a lot of different people, then it's even worse because it's obviously being orchestrated by someone.

Personally, I have nothing against breeding a good dog as long as it's done properly, with full health checks on both parents, good forever homes being found & a contract to say that you will take back any dog you have bred if things don't work out.

Above all, don't delete the emails & don't just put up with it - it isn't right!

Back to top Go down

Post by thepack Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:43

It is disgusting but I do not agree with the breeding of any SBT, unless it is done by a registered breeder who has the facilities and finances to look after a litter of possibly 7 little lives for at least 8 weeks after birth. I would also expect a good breedr to severly vet all people wanting one of their puppies.

I have owned, rescued, showed and trained staffies from a very young age and I also constanly get abusive text, emails etc even though I am qualified canine behaviour psychologist and trainer and work within a stafford rescue.
I have reported them to the police but they dont seem to care at all.
I have taken to not responding to these emails now, I do however read them but delete them straight after.

I will continue to own this breed, rescue and re home this breed and show all my dogs to proove they are not visious monsters and that the problem is the other end of the lead.

The dog is not the problem if owned correctly, for example one of my girls is a PAT Dog and in training along with my puppy to become assistance dogs. If all dogs were bad I would not be able to this work with my dogs.

I will strive to make people aware of the fact it is DEED not Breed and people need to stop believing the scaremongering that the press do on a very regular basis.

thepack
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Feb 03 2012, 11:50

mysticbull wrote:I have received ten emails today alone and 50 in total this week being abusive about me owning and breeding my dogs! I am so angry it is unreal! I am being accused of not caring about all the rescue centres with staffs in them and what gets me is since the media have reported it twice this month suddenly people who do not own staffs care! I have been working alongside this breed since I was a child helping my mother to rehome, train and care for staffs and many other breeds affected by negligent people and now I am get abuse hurled at me by complete strangers! I am not sure what to do about this, but I am so angry that the media are not only portraying the breed as biscuits monsters but are also trying to stain every bull terrier owners name!!! It's awful that there are so many in need but there are also many other breeds in the same position! People need to start believing what I see as propaganda and open their eyes to the fact that bad people make bad dogs and should not be allowed to own one full stop! I am nit happy that I have to justify myself to anyone and am disgusted that I am getting these msgs and I am now thinking about trying to do something about this! I am proud to own my dogs and I will never change that!

I bet these people are from and facebook group or and page......

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:07

Runningwiththepack wrote:It is disgusting but I do not agree with the breeding of any SBT, unless it is done by a registered breeder who has the facilities and finances to look after a litter of possibly 7 little lives for at least 8 weeks after birth. I would also expect a good breedr to severly vet all people wanting one of their puppies.

I couldnt agree more!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:12

I don't think you need to be a registered breeder, but you do need to have the rest in place! Decent knowledge, health testing, facilities, good vetting proceedure for prospective owners & the capability of taking back a pup or pups should the need arise. Some of the top kennels for staffords are not registered with the ABS.

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticbull Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:18

I was so angry but yes I have reported it I have had several more today! I am an accredited breeder too and only breed when have interest in my dogs most of the time people contact me to go on a waiting list and never pull out and all our prospective buyers are vetted and sign a contract before taking any of our pups. I just feel like I'm being haranged for the wrong reasons and am quite upset about it all Sad
mysticbull
mysticbull

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:49

I don't blame you - it's really unforgivable & unnecessary!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Feb 03 2012, 15:27

some people just haven't got an bloody clue they think they helping the breed but really they making the breed look bad acting like that.

how did they get your email address?

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 15:47

expressing opinions in a civilized manner is one thing, abuse is another. people who send abusive messages in my opinion are cowards! loser i hope you get some kind of resolution legally. frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down