radio show on bbc leeds this morning finished now though

5 posters

Go down

radio show on bbc leeds this morning finished now though  Empty radio show on bbc leeds this morning finished now though

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 11:34

BBC radio leeds is have ing a discuusion this afternoon about the death row dogs programme last night might be worth a listen

Last edited by _julie_ on Wed Jan 25 2012, 14:02; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

radio show on bbc leeds this morning finished now though  Empty Re: radio show on bbc leeds this morning finished now though

Post by janey Wed Jan 25 2012, 11:44

Bummer I won't be home
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

radio show on bbc leeds this morning finished now though  Empty Re: radio show on bbc leeds this morning finished now though

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 11:52

am going to listen so will let you know what they say and the opinions they get but must admit i did shout at the radio after listening to them advertising it and talking so i cant promise i won't be using some bad words while listening to the actual programm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 11:59

They had a discussion about the dogs on a radio station the other night and my stepdad rang and got through, he put the man in his place for slating the breed WHICH he had never owned etc and the bloke put the phone down on him in the end, truth hurts huh? .. then he got endless calls backing my step dad up after that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:03

it doesnt matter what breed of dog you own someone will always slate them. if it was up to some people all dogs would be wiped off the face of the earth. i am going to listen to this show and see what happens will let oyu all know later

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:08

A radio station here talked about this yesterday, and said that they thought all dogs should be kept on a lead, no matter what breed it is. For its own safety and for the safety of everyone else. Cause no matter how well you know your dogs there is always a chance of it going off on one on another dog or person. And i have to say i agree 100% i always though dogs should be on leads unless its in your own garden. I know its not as nice for the dog but at least then you can NEVER have to deal with the ramifications of it going off (and im talking about any dog not staffys)

I think parks should have like a section where they have about 4 or 6 pens that are quite long so people can go into them and play fetch with their dogs without the fear that they will run off or attack. I dont know why they don't tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:12

Equi wrote:A radio station here talked about this yesterday, and said that they thought all dogs should be kept on a lead, no matter what breed it is. For its own safety and for the safety of everyone else. Cause no matter how well you know your dogs there is always a chance of it going off on one on another dog or person. And i have to say i agree 100% i always though dogs should be on leads unless its in your own garden. I know its not as nice for the dog but at least then you can NEVER have to deal with the ramifications of it going off (and im talking about any dog not staffys)

I think parks should have like a section where they have about 4 or 6 pens that are quite long so people can go into them and play fetch with their dogs without the fear that they will run off or attack. I dont know why they don't tbh.

I agree with you here .. dogs are meant to be kept on leads in some area's anyway but its just ignored .. parks etc its understandable but when walking down a main road etc its dangerous too! what if the dog is spooked or see's something then it only takes a quick second and it zips across the road into traffic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:31

how many times do i have to ring this radio station to get through. am dying to get on there. a bloke from a rescue centre just been on and actualy mentioned staffies but in a posotive way and the radio bloke trying to discredit him but the bloke not having it good on him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:39

Good for him!! .. Theyre willing to talk bad about the breed till theyre blue in the face but when told facts by ppl who know the breed they wont have any of it its disgusting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:46

a dog trainer just been on and was saying how the police won't use staffies because they are mor elikely to lick the perp. he asked if a lab is considered dangerous radio man said no but a woman had just been on saying she had plastic surgery from being bitten by a lab so would you ban all labs too. radio man didnt know what to say. the trainer guy said it is down to educating people and children, training and getting the dog early in life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:47

Equi wrote:A radio station here talked about this yesterday, and said that they thought all dogs should be kept on a lead, no matter what breed it is. For its own safety and for the safety of everyone else. Cause no matter how well you know your dogs there is always a chance of it going off on one on another dog or person. And i have to say i agree 100% i always though dogs should be on leads unless its in your own garden. I know its not as nice for the dog but at least then you can NEVER have to deal with the ramifications of it going off (and im talking about any dog not staffys)

I agree that ALL dogs should be kept on a lead especially the little snappy things that cause trouble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:49

_julie_ wrote:a dog trainer just been on and was saying how the police won't use staffies because they are mor elikely to lick the perp. he asked if a lab is considered dangerous radio man said no but a woman had just been on saying she had plastic surgery from being bitten by a lab so would you ban all labs too. radio man didnt know what to say. the trainer guy said it is down to educating people and children, training and getting the dog early in life.

applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:53

the radio are more likey be talking about scum bag they shouting for more dog to be banned people know it's not the dog it's the owner these days

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 12:58

actualy steve they have had some good people on and one actualy said that idiots try make the dog look viscious with the accessories like the type of collar and putting chains on them. i'm loving this show but i cant get through on the phone its so busy and the show finishes in 10 minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Wed Jan 25 2012, 13:01

I keep Violet on a lead - ok, so sometimes it's a 100ft lead, but it means that no nutters can start rolling about the floor claiming all sorts happened. Sometimes she's let off lead in a fenced off area, but I still get nervous because if someone else came into the area, she would no doubt bound over to them, and although it wouldn't be malicious, I expect it could be pretty scary having ten tonne Violet storming over to you at full speed! Special fenced off areas (a bit like the tennis courts at the park) would be ideal, for both me and Violet.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 13:03

My two are always on extendo leads or at the park 50ft training leads i neer let it go the full 50ft tho cuz its so hard to wind back in n it gets all tangled lol .. But usual walks theyre just on normal leads Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 13:07

well the show has finished

some good points by people and i love the fact that all breeds were mentioned. one guy started the staffy debate another ended by mentioning other breeds and what they have done. good show but the radio guy needs to be euthanised. he wasnt biased or tried to make his show unbiased because he is scared of dogs since he was bitten when he was 7. sorry mate your an adult now get over it i was bitten by a horse but i dont fear them or think they should all be banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 13:14

Jeeze talk about holding a grudge! .. Ive been bitten by numerous animals whike working in kennels pet shops stablea n farms n u dont see me raving on about the animals in particular

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye86 Wed Jan 25 2012, 13:57

staffy-lover89 wrote:Jeeze talk about holding a grudge! .. Ive been bitten by numerous animals whike working in kennels pet shops stablea n farms n u dont see me raving on about the animals in particular

Haha, I love the mentality of it all. Actually, hold on! Does this mean that because I once had a pet Russian hamster that absolutely savaged my finger when I was about 7 I have the right to run around screaming "KILL THEM ALL?!" Sweeeet...
Skye86
Skye86
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 12/5/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Jan 25 2012, 15:43

A radio station here talked about this yesterday, and said that they thought all dogs should be kept on a lead, no matter what breed it is. For its own safety and for the safety of everyone else. Cause no matter how well you know your dogs there is always a chance of it going off on one on another dog or person. And i have to say i agree 100% i always though dogs should be on leads unless its in your own garden. I know its not as nice for the dog but at least then you can NEVER have to deal with the ramifications of it going off (and im talking about any dog not staffys)

I think parks should have like a section where they have about 4 or 6 pens that are quite long so people can go into them and play fetch with their dogs without the fear that they will run off or attack. I dont know why they don't tbh..

I respectfully disagree. What, my poor boy should be chained to me at the hip and not feel the joy of running through the open fields and woodland of a country park? That's not fair.
He hates playing fetch too and pretty much ignores other dogs anyway. If I see another dog on a lead then I call him to heel, simple as.
Theres not point punishing the majority for the action of the minority.
Believe it or not when he got attacked he and the attacking dog were on leads, the attacking dog dragged the owner over and across the grass and out of his grip, his lead made no difference.
And this was a labrador.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:52

I have heard more stories of people and especially children been seriously bitten by the toy breeds. People tend to let the little buggers get away with it because they are 'cute'. My brother still bears the scars of been savaged in the face as a kid by my grand father's fox terrier and my sister was bitten by a Skippertjie. The only dog bite I have had was a chow which was been over protective of her owner (and so ended that romance Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:21

Skye86 wrote:
staffy-lover89 wrote:Jeeze talk about holding a grudge! .. Ive been bitten by numerous animals whike working in kennels pet shops stablea n farms n u dont see me raving on about the animals in particular

Haha, I love the mentality of it all. Actually, hold on! Does this mean that because I once had a pet Russian hamster that absolutely savaged my finger when I was about 7 I have the right to run around screaming "KILL THEM ALL?!" Sweeeet...

Laughing Clearly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:23

shakespearesdog wrote:

I think parks should have like a section where they have about 4 or 6 pens that are quite long so people can go into them and play fetch with their dogs without the fear that they will run off or attack. I dont know why they don't tbh..

I respectfully disagree. What, my poor boy should be chained to me at the hip and not feel the joy of running through the open fields and woodland of a country park? That's not fair.
He hates playing fetch too and pretty much ignores other dogs anyway. If I see another dog on a lead then I call him to heel, simple as.
Believe it or not when he got attacked he and the attacking dog were on leads, the attacking dog dragged the owner over and across the grass and out of his grip, his lead made no difference.
And this was a labrador.

I dont think they should have to be leaded in parks and fields etc so long as they are not DA that is .. but when it comes to normal walks by main roads etc Personally i think i prefer it because like i said above, only takes one thing for that dog to dart across the road into traffic.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:28

shakespearesdog wrote:

And this was a labrador.

I agree with you 100% Why should I have to keep mine onlead. Her recall is perfect, if I see another dog onlead I put her back on also whilst we pass.

I don't go to my local park, I have acres of woodland around me to walk in, didn't see another sole today. Everyones situatioms are different and by no means would Moo get the excersize she requires being stuck to the end of a lead.

I love watching Moo bound around the woods, took a friends dog out today also and they where bombing around in the mud along the river, unless you want a dislocated shoulder then that isn't going to happen when there on lead.

Sorry really have to disagree Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 18:01

I meant more so in park areas and stuff i mean the wood i go to i usually dont even MEET another dog so i let lexi off the lead sometimes there too, i had to once cause we got lost for 3 hours because a dog started chasing us barking and growling, so i pulled her off the path intot he forest and got lost and had to literally climb over 5ft of dead trees and leave her to fed for herself and get through the undergrowth to me lol Had a great day though, i took loads of photos!

Check them out here

But in public place with a lot of people walking and a lot of dogs being there then i still think that all dogs should be on leads, no matter the breed and training.

Dont even get me started on the road thing, that is one thing that annoys the LIFE out of me, it terrifies me. And people who use the extendible on the pavement are just as bad. I drove past an accident once where a retriever on an extendible lead ran into the road and got hit my a lorry which swerved and hit a car with a baby in it. that was just irresponsible by all standards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down