English Bull Terriers

2 posters

Go down

English Bull Terriers Empty English Bull Terriers

Post by stiofan Tue Jan 10 2012, 14:08

Do EBT walk very stiff legged sort of like marching? I'd never met one before but two are now using the park.One big white dog which seems a bit aggressive , the other is about 8 months their owners never let them off lead.Both really beautiful dogs. Today the younger one got off and charged into my three dogs, Kasidy was all for eating it and Sisko offered to help! i was quite chuffed when i shouted NO and they both sat beside me. I was wondering if EBT all walk like that or if it is a sign these two are trying to dominate ?.The young dog was just out of control i think and not attacking my two and had to be grabbed and removed.
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
English Bull Terriers Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

English Bull Terriers Empty Re: English Bull Terriers

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 10 2012, 14:52

This one for Maria I think Wink
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 15:01

They're generally quite good with other dogs, but can be very dominant. Certainly not as friendly as staffs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 15:13

stiofan wrote:Do EBT walk very stiff legged sort of like marching?

They do have a strange way of walking - a sort of stiff roll, if that makes sense. But really, they should be trained not to just hare off after other dogs - they're much too heavy to allow them to do that! Dempsey is ultra dominant & if I hadn't trained him to "stay" he'd be off pinning other dogs down, left right & centre! Having said that, he isn't nasty & doesn't actually bite, but there is a lot of noise & he uses his weght to get what he wants!

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Tue Jan 10 2012, 15:52

`They really are great looking dogs, so the funny walk wasn't a threat then doh i tried to introduce my two to the younger one when it was smaller but i think the owners are polish and didn't know what i wanted.I hope it 's not going to be charging about off lead, it will be a big bugger Smile
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
English Bull Terriers Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 16:34

stiofan wrote:`They really are great looking dogs, so the funny walk wasn't a threat then doh i tried to introduce my two to the younger one when it was smaller but i think the owners are polish and didn't know what i wanted.I hope it 's not going to be charging about off lead, it will be a big bugger Smile

The walk could've been a threat, but you really need to get to know the dog before you can tell. They have an odd way of moving. Mind you, anyone who lets an EBT charge around uncontrolled needs to have their heads testing! they're known to be a little unpredictable & you have to know how each individual reacts to other dogs.

Let's face it, an EBT is going to be at least 4 & a half stone of muscle & that's a smallish one. They can be anything up to 6 stone in a small frame, like a staff! Just think how hard your staff can hit you & then imagine that times two!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 10 2012, 18:04

Thanks Caryll, I thought Maria was online and would answer, you have beaten her to it. thumbs up
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down