Worrying!

5 posters

Go down

Worrying! Empty Worrying!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:42

I took vinnie n skye out this evening for there last walk and i was preoccupied becUse a van was driving by is with 2 men in n kept stopping and starting! So i was forever looking behined me to check we wasnt been followed etc.
Anyway! As we was walking i turned around n noticed vinnie sniffing at skyes mouth like she had food, so i stopped her and she had something in her mouth!! .. It was pitch black ao i couldnt see what and by the time i went to ab it she had swallowed it!!!.
Im worrying if it was bone etc and its going to get stick etc?! .. She ate her food when we got in and shes drank her water shes not pooped yet as they never usually do up untill an hr or two after dinner.
What should i do? Will she be ok? :/ im so worried as ive read bad stories online.

Back to top Go down

Worrying! Empty Re: Worrying!

Post by Steve Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:45

it should be ok it just an one off just keep eye on her for a couple of days

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:46

Thankyou! Yeaah i will, watching her like a hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:46

well i would certainly put 2 and 2 together and comme up with the same number as you in this situation did the guys on the van give the dog something. i doubt it they may have been looking for a house number or something the dog could have picked anything up off the floor. worry about when the dog is showing signs of something being wrong but if your still worried in the morning ring the vet and ask for advise. or ring them now and ask how to make the dog sick so that you know for certain nothing is digested that will harm the dog. keep us posted with updates on how you get on

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:48

Hun its always a worry but she'll be fine. Couple years back we went to Norfolk and Moo ate a massive dead jellyfish, I was so paniced straight on the phone to my vets for advice!

Apart from a very bad stomach she was fine. As Steve said keep an eye on her, but don't stress xX

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:50

This was another part we walked too by then they had gone and we was walkibg past bin bags which is were she found something .. If she dont eat in the morn then i will be worried cuz shes never left a meal since weve had her

Thanks janey! A JELLYFiSH! Lol she a sushi fan? .. Thankyou! They dont half worry me! Especially with me having anxiety issues i always think 10x worse :S

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:53

Just take her out for regular toilets Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:54

Im sure she will be fine and fingers crossed the van was innocently looking for a house number - keep an eye on her its about all you can do hun x

I wouldnt make your dog sick tho as it could do more harm that good especially if you dont know if something foreign has been swallowed and if it has and its a sharp or jaggered edges then it coming back up through the stomach and throat would be worse hun
Allison
Allison
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Worrying! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke and Dhaysi
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:58

Thankyou! For putting my mind at some ease Smile .. I will be keeping an eye on her and if she dont eat 2moz she will be down the vets

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:00

Oh Kelly hopefully everything will be OK, just kee an eye out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:01

Will do hun ty

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:10

The men in the van 90% would have been scouting for scrap metal as for eating things off the floor Ledger is always doing it mostly I catch him and have the lovely job of fishing left over takeaway or half eaten chocolate brownie out of his mouth but on occasion he does beat me to it and so far no probs the one time there must have been something nasty he was sick a few times before the walk ended but back to normal after some water back home
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:14

I was thinking that afterwards lol but at the time i was like what are u doing!? .. Is he? Ive heard a few people talk aboutvthe dogs hoovering rubbish up outside but its the not knowing what it was thats the worry :s .. Cutrently shes darting round after vinnie playing with there squeeky teds they had from xmas so im HOPING shes ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:35

Try not to worry unless she shows symptoms. Tinkerbell is the exact same in the dark, think she knows I can't watch her but she hoovers up anything she can find sometimes before I get a chance to pull her away from it. She sounds ok at the moment, so just see how she is in the morning and try and put it out your mind so you can relax this evening!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:37

Thanks karen Smile .. I will try, be alot better i i see her playing n eatin etc 2moz as usual too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:57

As everyone says... keep an eye on her and try not to worry. Glad you are home safe though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:58

Thanks lynne Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 21:45

Really?? .. Well shes ate all her dinner shes drinking shes only just stopped playing to snuggle up with vin for a snooze shes been darting round and playing tug of war .. Shes had a poop not firm but not runny but to be honest she has a sensitive tummy so we get this type of poop alot still searching for her ideal food .. No sickness .. Fingers crossed shes fine! Thankyou for sharing gem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 21:46

gem wrote:Ive just been through the samish thing with my boy and had him to the vets she said most dogs show signs very quickly of distress and dont eat are sick and wrenching and are straining to pass poo. They will be lethargic and have a high temp and you can tell there is something wrong pretty quick . hope this helps Smile

Good advice. I hope and believe she will be fine. If he eating habits change, she stops drinking water, stops going poo or starts vomiting or running a fever then you should go to the vet.

Suki is like a little hoover most days if we don't keep a constant eye on her so I sympatishe with the stress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 21:48

Thanks jstaff yhh theyre what i will keep an eye on deffo!!
Tell me about it!! Have to have eyes in the back of your head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 10:01

How is Skye today? Millie has done this to me a few times, you worry sick about them all night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 10:04

Tell me about it! I woke up early just so i could let her out n feed her n see how she is .. Shes her usually hyper self, been playing and shes pooped twice once before brekki once after and she ate her brekki plus 2 bikkis and drinking too.
So i HOPE this means shes all fine .. She wondered why i was so ott huggy with her this morn haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 10:13

Thats Great. I'm sure she will be enjoying all the extra hugs >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 10:15

Haha yhh she laps em up! Lol .. Il still be eagle eye watchin her for few days but fingers and toea tightly crossed that shes fine! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 30 2011, 11:28

Glad to hear she is fine! They like to make you worry don't they!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 11:31

Thankyou Smile .. Shes just robbed me of a biscuit! Lol lil madam .. They dont half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down