Good foods oils etc too add too your dogs diet.

3 posters

Go down

Good foods oils etc too add too your dogs diet.  Empty Good foods oils etc too add too your dogs diet.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 18:17

Dunno if a thread has been done about all the good stuff too add to your dogs diet so thought it would be a good one too have for people too look at and see what they can add.

i have just started adding yumega oil too stans.

They all had egg yolk and garlic added into theres today aswel after doing some reasearch about it.

What others do you add too your dogs diet that is good for there health.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Good foods oils etc too add too your dogs diet.  Empty Re: Good foods oils etc too add too your dogs diet.

Post by janey Thu Dec 15 2011, 18:22

I don't, hope that doesn't make me bad lol! She's on Fish4Dogs so gets a load in that anyway, very occasionally she gets tuna, if I remember to buy some.

Haven't tried raw eggs, I assumed if you wheren't feeding raw then you couldn't? And tbh with the probs I've had with her I stick to what I no won't upset her stomach Xx

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Good foods oils etc too add too your dogs diet.  Empty Re: Good foods oils etc too add too your dogs diet.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 18:25

janey wrote:

I don't, hope that doesn't make me bad lol! She's on Fish4Dogs so gets a load in that anyway, very occasionally she gets tuna, if I remember to buy some.

Haven't tried raw eggs, I assumed if you wheren't feeding raw then you couldn't? And tbh with the probs I've had with her I stick to what I no won't upset her stomach Xx

Lol, i looked at fish for dogs looks great food.

From what ive read they dont need too be on raw too have raw egg.

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 19:25

A raw egg every so often is a little treat whether they're fed raw or not. Mind you, not every dog likes em raw! Dempsey does, but I have to break the yolk & mix it a little bit with the white! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 19:26

I very occasionally add some cod liver oil or some salmon oil, but not on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 15 2011, 19:45

Max gets on average x2 tins of tuna in oil with his JWB dry food per week, and/or tinned mackeral in oil once every couple of weeks ... I think a small amount of oil the fish is in perhaps once a day or maybe every two days does them good, coat wise and digestion Wink ... and most of you have seen pics of him .. he's in pretty good shape Big Grin
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:01

I add salmon oil and apple cider vinagar. Raw eggs with shell a couple of times a week.

I also make a herby/garlic mix that i keep in the fridge made of:

crushed garlic
dried mint
dried rosemary
turmeric

they get a teaspoon of it once or twice a week

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:05

Andy wrote:... and most of you have seen pics of him .. he's in pretty good shape Big Grin

thumbs up thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:06

ella wrote:I add salmon oil and apple cider vinagar. Raw eggs with shell a couple of times a week.

crushed garlic
dried mint
dried rosemary
turmeric

Thanks for that.

What does the apple cider vinager do?

The herby mix looks good, ive just started adding garlic, what are the others good for??

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:10

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:What does the apple cider vinager do?

Have a look at this...

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/acvfordogs.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:15

Sounds like a great thing too add and deffinantly gonna look into getting some. Thanks for the link caryll n thanks for adding it ella.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:27

ella wrote: apple cider

Wasting cider on a dog Surprised

Surely not!!!! Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:30

janey wrote:

Surely not!!!! Xx

Lol rather the dog than me i hate cider Smile x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:31

janey wrote:

Surely not!!!! Xx

No, no! It never becomes cider, it's just vinegar made from apples - don't worry, Janey, it isn't as bad as it sounds. There's still plenty of 'proper' cider around! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:35

Thank god for that, saying that I think I may have drunk it before Moo gets it, just the thought Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:52

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:
ella wrote:I add salmon oil and apple cider vinagar. Raw eggs with shell a couple of times a week.

crushed garlic
dried mint
dried rosemary
turmeric

Thanks for that.

What does the apple cider vinager do?

The herby mix looks good, ive just started adding garlic, what are the others good for??

x

mint and rosemary are good for aiding digestion, and are good for joints and the skin/coat. Turmeric has anti cancer and anti inflammatory properties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:53

janey wrote:

Surely not!!!! Xx

haha cider would NEVER be wasted on the dogs! mind you it never lasts long enough Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 21:56

oily fish such as a little tin of sardines or mackerel. one little tin has 3 fish in and they only need the one fish per day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Thu Dec 29 2011, 10:36

Can they eat raw eggs with shell and how often?
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

http://www.zestlifecoaching.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 10:41

Radiantpaper wrote:Can they eat raw eggs with shell and how often?

Yes and I think the general feeling was a couple of times a week is ok Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 11:29

Do you mix the raw egg over their kibble or give it as a extra?

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 11:37

I don't actually give it to Moo, but I think you van do either, give them the entire thing shell included, I can imagine that to be messy or over food Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 11:50

we split a tin of sardines in oil with the dogs every day. the oil in oily fish like this help the dog to produce more dopamine which is good for the calming influence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down