Your bedtime rituals

5 posters

Go down

Your bedtime rituals Empty Your bedtime rituals

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 17:19

Was wondering if anyone has a ritual getting the four legged boys and girls to bed at night. Ty usually eats his dinner after our evening walk, goes 'gite' for a while then settles on the coach with me. When it comes to bedtime I get up and start trying to get him out for a wee wee. He has been doing it on command since he was a little pup. Game on. All of a sudden he is sound asleep and no amount of kissies and huggies and sweet nothing will rouse him. I end up sort of draging him off the couch, at which point he will take his time having a stretch and then we eventually get out the door.

The next ten minutes is spent with me following him around the garden begging for him to wee. He knows exactly what he is doing weaving in and out the bushes. When he thinks he has led me enough of a dance, he does the deed and we get to run indoors where he makes for his bed where he is rewarded with a biccy.

Once I have done my things and am in bed, I turn out the light and invite him to leave his bed and come and lie next to me. (Misguided attempt to remain top person Big Grin ) Night all.

Back to top Go down

Your bedtime rituals Empty Re: Your bedtime rituals

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:09

Our bedtime ritual is that when we go up to bed we tell Tinkerbell to go toilet, she is at the back door before us. She then runs out has a wee and legs it back in the house. She goes straight to her crate and is snoring before I have even got up the stairs lol!

Tinkerbell loves her sleep so bedtime is a great part of the day for her!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:15

Moo is generally on my bed first. Sometimes she stays on the sofa.

Me, I always take a cheese and ham toastie to bed, Moo has the crusts in the morning Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:17

How does she leave the crusts until the morning? Tinkerbell would eat them in the middle of the night Laughing
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:20

Umm... Other than letting them out for a last chance to pee there are few good night rituals.. Depending on when we're getting up in the morning that could be either by my boyfriend or me so not even THAT's a ritual. Laughing
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:21

Suki usually goes out and hour or so before the normal bedtime and she runs after the first one of us to go to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:21

Laughing she is great, get it out the toastie maker put it on the bed, have a final cig, clean teeth, move laptop, and then its ready. She won't eat anything now unless its hers. doesn't even move her head Smile

She's clever Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:33

Aww bless her! Well done Moo. Tinkerbell won't eat anything that isn't hers either but she will cry and whimper or follow you around until she gets what she wants.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:52

Great ritual Janey. Think I will start something like that. No such luck with the crusts though. Ty pretends not to be interested then strikes when I am not looking.

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat Dec 10 2011, 21:55

Ledger won't wee in the yard never has so he has his last walk around the park between 7 & 9, if I leave the stair gate open he will take himself upto bed otherwise he stays on the sofa til I go to bed sometimes he stays downstairs but mostly he comes up with me. When I'm on nights he stays home alone and apart for playing hunt the kibble he appears to sleep through on the sofa (I leave my duvet on the sofa as its a darker and quiet room to sleep in during the day) I get home and walk him round the park about 7.30 am we both have breakfast and he curls up with me and sleeps again.

He is spoilt when he sleeps at his nanny and grandads when I am on 3am finishes as he has his own chair in the conservatory and he and my parents dog both have a chew before bed
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 22:01

we dont have a ritual. both dogs have their final walk about 7 after that they will let us know if they need to wee and they can go in the garden for that. then like now it is almost 10 so lemmy is laready in bed lottie is deciding if she wants to sleep in the room or in the kitchen. yep there you go as i type she has thrown herslef on the kitchen floor. pete and i will settle to watch a bit of telly thats when both dogs will come in the room in about half an hour and go sleep in the bed in the corner and that will be them for the night

Last edited by _julie_ on Sat Dec 10 2011, 22:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Dec 10 2011, 22:05

Lemmy and Lottie cloud9
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Sat Dec 10 2011, 22:11

Depending on when she's last been out, we might try and force Violet to go outside for a pee before bedtime, but she hates the cold and the dark, so it doesn't always happen. Then we say 'Violet, in your basket' and she hops up on the couch, we say 'no, your other basket'. At this point, she does her 'farewell tour' which is a lap of the living room before she gets into her crate and flings herself onto her bedding then zonks out immediately. Every single time, this is how it goes. I reckon she hopes that one day the couch magically becomes her basket, but it hasn't happened yet!
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Dec 10 2011, 22:14

linzy wrote: I reckon she hopes that one day the couch magically becomes her basket, but it hasn't happened yet!

Only a matter of time Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10 2011, 23:01

My two are always put to bed by me unless im out for the night .. They always cosey up to me they snooze while i watch tv then when i wanna go to bed i will let them out in the garden to empty while i make there beds again after they leave em a mess from jumping all over em in the day lol and go brush my teeth etc then let them back in i then put skyes doggy-snuggie on her and she gets a hug n kiss n off she trots in her crate to sleep .. Then i put vinnies tshirt on him n he gets a hug n a kiss n he goes on his bed .. They both get there fave bonio milkeys and lights off theyre snoring b4 i shut the door lol.
Obv in hot months the jumpers dont need to be put on lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down