Stitches

2 posters

Go down

Stitches Empty Stitches

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 19:15

Lottie was spayed a week before we got her. She had her last check up and her stitches taken out but 3 disolvable ones put in 2 days before we brought her home. She has been with us for 7 weeks now and these 3 stitches still havent gone. I rang the vets the other week and was told it could take up to 3 months. She is all healed and everything so she doesnt need them there any more plus felt them today and they are hard so have booked her into the vet for pete to take her saturday morning to have them removed. Just hope she is ok and not to upset or it will set her back a bit.

Back to top Go down

Stitches Empty Re: Stitches

Post by janey Thu Dec 08 2011, 19:18

Poor thing, I hope they don't hurt her. I no with Moo they came out so easily, but that seems an awfull long time to have left them in.

Good luck for Saturday Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 19:20

janey wrote:

Poor thing, I hope they don't hurt her. I no with Moo they came out so easily, but that seems an awfull long time to have left them in.

Good luck for Saturday Xx

the vet that first time i rang didnt seem concerned and he still didnt seem concerned today but for my own peace of mind i think she would be better having them removed.

Stitches Grfatre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 19:32

I must admit that Dempsey's disolvable ones just rubbed off after about 14 days. Have you tried rubbing them? Were they definitely disolvable?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 21:07

well we had to take the word of the rescue centre. they said the vet that did the op put disolvable ones in but i would have thought they'd have gone by now. i rang our vet a couple of weeks ago and he want concerned at the time i rang again today and told him and he still didnt seem concenrned but said he would take them out if i wanted so booked her in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 21:10

Does seem a long time for disolvable stitches to be in. Should not have any issues taking them out though just a simple snip of the end and slide it out. She might not even notice Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 08:44

we had the same thing, my OH took billy to the vets yesterday cause the stiches were still there are they should have dissolved, she just pulled them a little and they came out, billy didnt move a muscle

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 12:45

How strange! When i got Lexi spayed she had them in for a week or 9 days and that was them gone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 13:20

They dont look all that disolved. perhaps they got it wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 15:54

Ty wrote:They dont look all that disolved. perhaps they got it wrong?

well we will see what the vet says when he see's them and takes them out. i think they got it wrong too

Back to top Go down

Post by wentzer Sat Dec 10 2011, 01:26

I know when we got Daisy spayed she had hers in for 4 weeks, before we seen them dissapear, and hers were on her side. they had to shave her partially, also.
wentzer
wentzer
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Stitches Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content