My baby thinks she is a guard dog..

5 posters

Go down

My baby thinks she is a guard dog..  Empty My baby thinks she is a guard dog..

Post by 2qk4u Tue Dec 06 2011, 21:51

Last Saturday at 5pm Sasha was out the back doing her business when she let out a bark, she usually does this to say she wants in. My son opened the back door and she went mental, loud deep barking and she ran out onto the grass, she spotted someone hiding in the garden and she chased him as he jumped the back wall. Being just 7 months old she didnt make it high enough to catch him.
Sasha loves people, she is a house dog that sits by the fire, she has play dates with other dogs and goes to social classes. She has never shown any aggression apart from a bark at someone walking by one day.
Sasha is only 7 months old but already showing signs of her intention to protect her family, Im still amazed at this behavior.
Im so proud of her...
2qk4u
2qk4u
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sasha - Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 3 & 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

My baby thinks she is a guard dog..  Empty Re: My baby thinks she is a guard dog..

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06 2011, 22:25

Suki is also very protective of our house and yard.

Back to top Go down

My baby thinks she is a guard dog..  Empty Re: My baby thinks she is a guard dog..

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06 2011, 22:28

Dempsey too. But then he's also protective of the alley way at the back of our house, my office at work (unless visitors give him a treat) and the Church, Presbytery & garden!

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue Dec 06 2011, 23:36

Ledger doesn't so much as lift his head off the sofa when I open the front door to people but he came racing downstairs and went crazy barking at the back door a few weeks back thinking it was odd I opened the door and he ran barking to the back fence, found out a few days later someone had broke into my neighbours shed, no tools or anything taken I'm guessing Ledger may have scared them off
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:27

Caryll wrote:Dempsey too. But then he's also protective of the alley way at the back of our house, my office at work (unless visitors give him a treat) and the Church, Presbytery & garden!

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:05

Did you report the intruder to the police?
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:22

aww good girl sasha!
My two are the same lol especially vinnie! .. if im alone in the house he sleeps with one eye open or he will sit and guard the window.

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Wed Dec 07 2011, 11:41

Violet goes mad when someone she doesn't know is in the house. Once we tell her the person is ok, she'll stop barking, but the looks she gives them are unbelievable. "I'm watching you, mate!" Straight Face
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 12:28

haha this is funny..... mine are nothing like this! Ty would cry then hide and kaos would just wag his tail like mad and get super excited thinking they were coming to say hello! They are both protective of me and the kids personally but couldnt give a toss if someone was in the house!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Wed Dec 07 2011, 13:04

I live in a bungalow and some of the old ladies where I do voluntary work told me not to buy a bungalow because I wouldn't be able to sleep with any windows open in case anyone decided to try and get in.

My reply was that anyone trying to break in to my bedroom would leave pretty damn quick when he saw who I was sleeping with Surprised Laughing

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 16:10

Good girl Sasha !!

Winston is a wonderful guard dog already too. If he hears any noises he goes charging out with his hackles up..barking and ready to take on the world.

Don't know where he got it from though, as Jethro only barks when he is standing looking up at the biscuit barrel. Jethro is scared of any noises he hears.. they are so different!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down