My Vets are doing well by me lately....

3 posters

Go down

My Vets are doing well by me lately.... Empty My Vets are doing well by me lately....

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 12:15

Well, as you know I've had RoXy to the vets last week for her rash on her belly, and then a follow-up visit yesterday too.
Well, on Thursday my cat Tom started limping and when looking closer I noticed his foot was swollen and it looked like he had been scratched or bitten. I decided to keep an eye on it and see how he went ( naughty boy ........ he spends all day inside sleeping and being spoilt and every night in the garage with his bed and water bowl safe and sound. He only goes out for maybe 15 minutes or so each day and still manages to get in trouble ) Anyway, this morning when I opened the kitchen door to let him in from the garage he was still curled up in his bed, which is just not like him. He's usually straight in the door looking for breakfast and cuddles. I picked him up and bought him inside but he would'nt put any weight on his foot, I phoned the vets and they were able to see him almost straight away. Looks like the beginnings of an abcess so the vet gave it a squeeze to release the pressure, flushed it with antiseptic and put a bandage on much to the disgust of my grumpy Tom........he had a swipe at the vet and when I restrained him he tried to bite me Laughing
So, more money to the vets Surprised but it's worth it for the health and happiness of my pets. I'd be lost without them.
Back to the Vets on Tuesday for Toms follow-up. Hopefully the antibiotics do the job, otherwise they will have to operate to drain it properly which will cost over $350. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

P.S. : The bandage stayed on for about 30seconds when we got home and let Tom out of his cage.....he ripped it straight off.

Back to top Go down

My Vets are doing well by me lately.... Empty Re: My Vets are doing well by me lately....

Post by Kathy Sat Nov 12 2011, 12:29

Poor Tom, I'm sure the foot will be OK. Is there no way you can keep it covered?
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

My Vets are doing well by me lately.... Empty Re: My Vets are doing well by me lately....

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 12:34

Poor Tom
>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 20:51

Poor Tom hope he gets better soon >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Nov 12 2011, 23:52

Sad get well soon tom
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 09:23

Poor Tom, hope the antibiotics work an he is all better soon >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Nov 13 2011, 11:11

Get well soon Tom Smile you got shares in your vet by any chance Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 15:03

janey wrote:

Get well soon Tom Smile you got shares in your vet by any chance Laughing

I certainly need shares at the moment Crying or Very sad

Tom seems to be a bit more comfortable at the moment, so fingers crossed he won't need surgery praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down