Fireworks

4 posters

Go down

Fireworks Empty Fireworks

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 04 2011, 20:22

Rocky is currently going berzerk at the local firework display. They are so noisy. I don't mind the firework at all, it's just the noise that seems to get to him. Crying or Very sad

Any ideas on what I could do to calm him? Have already tried ignoring him but that doesn't seem to work. at wits end
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Fireworks Empty Re: Fireworks

Post by janey Fri Nov 04 2011, 20:25

Distraction can help Smile play with his fav toy Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 04 2011, 20:28

Thanks Janey will try that Smile
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 20:31

Bit late for tonight, but try to get hold of some Bach Rescue Remedy tomorrow. It helps to calm a dog down (and people, too!).

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Fri Nov 04 2011, 20:35

im going through it with sasha at the mo,just given her rescue remedy a min ago so hoping it will work soon,she gets so scared,i got the telly up loud,the washing machine going.its going to be a long week end Sad to make it worse we had a thunder storm last nite so she was spooked before the fire works started angry
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:00

its been hell all week fireworks every evening/night Taz is completly freaked to the point i'v had to restrain him three times on walks, refusing to leave the flat urinating in the outside building leading outside and inside,
constantly whinning, not listening, and he snapped at my sister yesterday.
I was up my parents in the after noon a dog walked past the open gates Taz charged towards the dog luckely i was there and grabbed him he hasn't done that in months. He's never been this bad before and its all through the day now not just when the fireworks are going off. I'v his food down last two days so he has only got to go out twice aday rather than four to five so its less stressful for him same as Cassie and Blondy is just being her stubborn bi*chy self *exhausted*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:02

MissRogue wrote:its been hell all week fireworks every evening/night Taz is completly freaked to the point i'v had to restrain him three times on walks, refusing to leave the flat urinating in the outside building leading outside and inside,
constantly whinning, not listening, and he snapped at my sister yesterday.
I was up my parents in the after noon a dog walked past the open gates Taz charged towards the dog luckely i was there and grabbed him he hasn't done that in months. He's never been this bad before and its all through the day now not just when the fireworks are going off. I'v his food down last two days so he has only got to go out twice aday rather than four to five so its less stressful for him same as Cassie and Blondy is just being her stubborn bi*chy self *exhausted*

Oh, Claire, it's awful, isn't it? Poor dogs, they really don't understand. they get so stressed. Have you tried rescue remedy yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:05

The only place i can get rescue remedy is online and i'v had to stop online banking so no i'v not been able to get ahold of any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:08

I used to have to get a sedative from the vets for Bandit. He was the only dog I've ever had that really used to freak out.

What about those DAP diffusers? I think they've changed the name of them, now, but I can't remember what to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:19

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/d.a.p.-dog-appeasing-pheromone-diffuser-by-ceva-23153

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:27

pete is laid on the sofa with one dog wrapped round his neck and the other round his leg. theyre quiet though so no one cares if he's not comfy. they went mental for a while first but have quietened down now they are cuddling him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:29

_julie_ wrote:they went mental for a while first but have quietened down now they are cuddling him

Awwwww! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:33

i always thought the rhyme was remember the 5th not the 4th 3rd 2nd and any other date

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 21:38

Nowadays it starts with Diwali and doesn't end till just after new year!

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Fri Nov 04 2011, 23:50

My two haven't even noticed the bangs but my 14 yr old lurcher is away on her dog walkers farm for the weekend, costs £14 a night but it's well worth it .
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Fireworks Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 10:46

i was out last night so dont know if woody reacted or if any were going off. just been and stocked up on treats for tonight, pigsearsfor woody/wine for me and warned the neighbours the tv is going to be on loud!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 14:59

touch wood mine are not bothered by them .. they have even gone out to the toilet while they have been going off and dont seem to care.
My old boy used to be a nervous wreck he would jump behind the setea or hide in the bathroom cuz its small and dark bless him!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down