Advice Needed

3 posters

Go down

Sad Advice Needed

Post by ketarra Sun Oct 30 2011, 22:19

Hi, I've been reading this forum looking for and picking up great tips ever since I brought Milo home at 8 weeks and so I thought I'd ask here before contacting the vets about a concern I have.

Ever since Friday he's been constipated really struggling to go to toilet, but when he does its very loose and he's still struggling, stopping and starting. And for the last two mornings I've woken up to find he's gone all over his crate during the night however he's eating and drinking as normal... The only thing different that has happened that I can think off is he attended his first puppy class Thurs night. Does anyone know what this could be or am I best booking him in for a check up?? Any advice would be really appreciated Smile
ketarra
ketarra
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo, Buddy
Dog Gender(s) : males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Advice Needed

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30 2011, 22:50

Could be a number of things. It couldn't hurt to give the vet a call and see what he thinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30 2011, 23:43

Hello, welcome to the forum!

As it's lasted longer than 48 hours, and he's so young still, I'd pop him to the vets. At a guess, I'd say he's either eaten something that didn't agree with him, or he's picked up a little bug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Oct 31 2011, 04:25

Like jstaff and Caryll said, give the vet a jingle. Sounds like they might have to check him out. Hopefully nothing, but they will know how to diagnose over the phone or if they need to see him. Sometimes, if something is going around they can tell you what it is over the phone. Hope you get it figured out soon!
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Oct 31 2011, 09:44

Hiya and welcome.

Mine went through this when I first got her, although she was slightly older. She was having diareah almost everynight, overnight. I had to lock her in the bathroom as she wasn't crate trained with newspaper. It didn't matter how often I took her out she would still go.

I went to the vets and had her tested for everything, but nothing showed up. The vet advised I changed her food to 'Royal Canin sensitivity control' which helped emensly and near enough overnight she stopped. Although her stools where still really loose.

I left her on that for a while and then swapped to JWB which she has thrived on for a good few months now and her stools are now firm. My guess is she has picked up a bug, and as above a trip to the vets may be in order. But also changing her food too may help.

Good luck and do let us know how you go Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by ketarra Mon Oct 31 2011, 18:42

Thank you all for responding, my older dog is a rescue so this is my first time experiencing puppy-hood Smile

I took your advice and gave the vets a call, as he's still eating, drinking as normal and being his usual hyper self he wasn't too concerned. He just advised me to keep my eye on him, and if its no better in a few days then pop him in...
ketarra
ketarra

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo, Buddy
Dog Gender(s) : males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content