A few questions!!

2 posters

Go down

A few questions!! Empty A few questions!!

Post by taz1x Sun Oct 30 2011, 15:46

Hi im new here so sorry if im asking this in the wrong place.

I have a 13 week old Staffy Bitch called Missy. I seen a pic of her and i had to have her, she was down in doncaster and im in Newcastle lol so we paid an extra £40 to get them to bring her here which was a small price to pay to get the puppy we fell in love with. Anyway, Missy has a hernia, when the Vet checked all the pups after their mum had a C section they were all ok, but when they were taken back for a check up the vet noticed it but didnt tell the owner, when i told her she asked the vet if he noticed it and he said yeah but he thought it would go away. well it hasnt, im not sure how worried i should be and what precations or what i should take, the vet wasnt really much help to be honest. Just wondering if it is really bad for a dog to have a hernia and if anyone has had a dog with one before?

also...lol...sorry....Missy has developed some white spots on the skin round her eye, the vet says it could be mites but wont know until she scalpels them off....id rather know what they are before missy has to go through anything like that....someone said it could be down to food.....we feed her Purina Beta puppy, she loves it...has the odd bit of chicken...a couple treats here and there.......the spots dont effect her vision or anything they just dont look very nice...

she seems to be a bit unlucky, having the hernia, the spots, and on top of that she jumped up on someone in the yard with tar on them and got it on her and when shes picked it off shes pulled furr off...so....at the moment she looks like a little scruff bag haha......but she sleeps in our bed, on the sofa, goes to the park every day, gets fed well...played with every day....she is a happy healthy dog other than those couple of things.

anyway sorry for babbling....does anyone have an idea what the white spots could be? shall i put up a picture of them?

thank u x

taz1x
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

A few questions!! Empty Re: A few questions!!

Post by taz1x Sun Oct 30 2011, 15:52

heres a pic xx

A few questions!! 307824_10150377980858158_620938157_8306883_809530380_n

taz1x

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30 2011, 17:11

Hi and welcome Smile

Firstly, what a lovely little face Missy has Smile

I'm not sure about the spots to be honest, I'm sure someone else will come along with an idea shortly though.

As for the hernia, I would just speak to your own vet about it and ask if there's anything you shuld be doing to help with it.

Also, can I advise you not to use Purina food? It's not great quality. If you're on a budget, Wainwrights from pets at home is a good quality low cost food, and you can also get one called Harringtons from some supermarkets which is very cheap. We would normally advise that you steer clear of supermarket foods (Bakers, Pedigree etc) because they're low quality food, but Harringtons is fine if you can get it. If money isn't such a worry for you, James well beloved, Royal Canin, and Pero are all good Smile Of course, you can always feed raw too, but you need to really look into that before starting it. If you decide on Raw, one of our members, Caryll, is the Raw feeding expert Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Oct 30 2011, 17:42

My boy has a unbilical hernia and hes fine hes had it since birth his mum a little bit rough with him when he was born his is like a little lump that pops in and out depending on how he is lying/stretching they grow to the size of the dog but vets dont really bother about them as its very rare they become a problem Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by taz1x Sun Oct 30 2011, 17:57

I thought the Purina beta was good, my mother in law always feeds her staffy that and she is strong and healthy and her coat is nice. Missy always gets comments about how silky her fur is. Obviously id like her to have the best food but we are on a budget and when we bought the beta it was on recomendation, i will look into other food. just dont want to keep switching foods as she is happy eating the Beta.

Hi Gem thanks, missys is an umbilical hurnia too, doesnt usually go in just stays out lol its nice to know it will hopefully not be a problem...our vet doesnt seem to give us very much information, i try and ask all the questions i can think of but she doesnt seem to have many answers...maybe need to change our vet....thanks again

taz1x

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Oct 30 2011, 18:12

When I brought him home the breeders pointed it out and said they would pay if he needed surgery so when I asked my vet he said its okay and probably would never cause a problem and my freind is a vet she looked and said the same Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down