A few questions.

2 posters

Go down

A few questions. Empty A few questions.

Post by bear21911 Sun Oct 16 2011, 09:54

Firstly - We are forecast crappy weather next week which will tie in with Bears first walk. I m considering getting him a jacket, a high viz thermal one, but is it worth it? He is quite small and skinny and I am hoping he will grow (bit of a runt right now LOL) is there a jacket on the market that will adjust? I don't mind paying the money but would like at least a few months wear out of it.

Also I am thinking of a harness as he really doesn't enjoy collars, are there jackets that have a 'hole' so a harness can be used at the same time? Any advice on which harness to go for?

I know I can go to pets at home and get advice there but at the end of the day they are there to make money so I would rather get decent non biased advice from here 1st.

bear21911
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

A few questions. Empty Re: A few questions.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16 2011, 10:58

The only thing I've seen is a coat with rings attached to it, no idea how good an idea that would be, or how strong. Might be ok when they are still pups. I've been looking for a coat for Bella on ebay, one that isn't too expensive as she wont be wearing it long lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16 2011, 11:02

i have never seen adjustable coats but as for the harness you can put the harness over the coat. we do that with lemmy.
ebay has some great coats and things and because he's still small you can get away with a small breed coat.
first walks how exciting its like watching their first steps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16 2011, 11:03

this coat has the lead rings on it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PADDED-DOG-PUPPY-HARNESS-GILET-COAT-JACKET-PINK-BLUE-/270833835685?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item84b8e4ddca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16 2011, 11:59

Sorry nothing I can recommend. There are a number of adjustable harnesses out there though.

Back to top Go down

Post by haddy Sun Oct 16 2011, 18:29

Mouse's first coat was a santa coat from Poundland.
I have had and got a grange of coats/jumpers//hoodies for mouse. Alot do come with holes for a harness. Pets at home do a wide range of coats, check on there website or in store you might find one.
i personally say it would be a good investment, it may just be mouse but she is a complete pansy when it comes to alot of things, but the cold and rain are the biggest things she dislikes, stick a coat on her and shes happy.
haddy
haddy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mouse
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16 2011, 18:38

the jacket i got Samson has a hole for the harness its a quilted one from pets at home its also adjustable

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/quilted-waxed-coat-by-pets-at-home-47308

Back to top Go down

Post by bear21911 Wed Oct 19 2011, 10:41

I looked in my local pet shop and they have coats from £8, not the greatest selection mind you but the rate he is growing I can see it lasting only a week LOL.

He shivers lots if he is in his cage and I open the back door so I think he will need something.

I will also get him a harness to go over it while I am there.

It seems like a lot of expense for a quick run round the block but he's worth it LOL

bear21911

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down