Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me?

+3
Scubasteve
i love leah and lois
chod
7 posters

Go down

Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me? Empty Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me?

Post by chod Mon Oct 24 2011, 17:22

Dont know if you got all that but here it is again. Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me? (Im a bloke by the way Lol) would like some feedback to why he has to do it everytime?
chod
chod
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me? Empty Re: Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me?

Post by i love leah and lois Mon Oct 24 2011, 18:48

Milly does it with me she follows me all around the house.Alfie does it Because he loves you and wants to feel he is protecting you even though you are a bloke Laughing
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me? Empty Re: Alfie always follows me upstairs to toilet then sit next to me then leaves coming back downstairs with me?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 18:50

My two it everytime i go to the bathroom, the kitchen or where ever they will sit at the door way normally looking out of the room and then follow me back to where i'm going, they have always done it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Oct 24 2011, 19:22

I think it is a sign of a good bond, he doesn't want you to leave him and so wants to be with you protecting you every step of the way....even if you are only going to the bog lol!

Tinkerbell also does it and when we are in the kitchen she follows us around everywhere. She sits next to me when I am on the toilet and stands next to my partner ian when he goes. I'm not bothered with this, used to the lack of privacy with two young children. But she has recently develoed a fascination with water and the hosepipe over the last few weeks, so much so that when Ian took a pee the other day she stuck her head there trying to drink his pee as it flowed out sick
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by chod Mon Oct 24 2011, 20:20

Scubasteve wrote:I think it is a sign of a good bond, he doesn't want you to leave him and so wants to be with you protecting you every step of the way....even if you are only going to the bog lol!

Tinkerbell also does it and when we are in the kitchen she follows us around everywhere. She sits next to me when I am on the toilet and stands next to my partner ian when he goes. I'm not bothered with this, used to the lack of privacy with two young children. But she has recently develoed a fascination with water and the hosepipe over the last few weeks, so much so that when Ian took a pee the other day she stuck her head there trying to drink his pee as it flowed out sick

Ha ha that is funny about your bloke, at least he ain't tried that on me yet lol and like you said also Alfie follows me and my partner around everywhere getting under our feet which can be really annoying almost tripping over him all the time lol plus we have a 14 week old little boy which is really hecktick at mo as he's now teething the little bugger and not settling, i was wondering if Alfie would get jealous when he was born but he's fine i let him have a lick of his face every now and then and everytime we go out his leads attached to the buggy just walking fine beside it, was just the peeing thing i thought was weird Big Grin
chod
chod

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 21:36

Suki follows us around everywhere as well. WE do manage to keep her out of the bathroom though

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Oct 24 2011, 21:41

Same here. Even if he is dead asleep, if I move, he moves. Nothing wrong with it although sometimes I wish I could go a few places alone...
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 21:46

Ditto here. It's just their way I think. They are so attached to their family, it's a pain in the butt at times but so sweet if you think about it. I don't mind having a shadow, you get used to it after a while and learn to look behind you before you step backward!

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Mon Oct 24 2011, 22:07

It can sometimes be a pain.I dont just have it with milly following me Around.My other two do has well
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Tue Oct 25 2011, 15:18

Yep Inca's the same ... she will stop whatever she's doing the minute she realises am nippin the loo and follow right behind me and waits till am sat down then rests herself up against me legs ... and stupidly i would stroke/rub her back and now i av to do it everytime i (sorry we !!) nip the loo... She gets fussed while i do what i av to do (no explanation needed thow eh!).. hahaha Big Grin
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Oct 25 2011, 21:52

Its a lovely thing when they do this I dont mind it mine follow me its respectful and means your alpha and need respect >Big Grin<
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Sun Oct 30 2011, 18:18

Yep Lola does this also and she loves a bath, whenever I have a shower she either sits and waits for me or jumps in.

Another thing she does is whenever ANYONE turns the bathroom tap on she darts in the bathroom and stands up the sink waiting for a lick of toothpaste Big Grin although we've had to stop with the toothpaste due to Lola having an alergy to something.
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down