My Alfie rolls an rubbs his back in other persons dog poo?

+2
janey
chod
6 posters

Go down

My Alfie rolls an rubbs his back in other persons dog poo? Empty My Alfie rolls an rubbs his back in other persons dog poo?

Post by chod Tue Jun 21 2011, 19:21

As title says, i just took him over the park for a walk off the lead then looked beside me and he was rolling about on his back thought he was scracthing his back but no it was in dog poo, this isnt the first time he has done this and its really annoying me why, plus it rubb's all over his harness which i have to wash and wash him when i get back, the first time he was rolling about on the grass i thought he was just being playfull and scratching his back until he got up and smelt dog poo realised it was on his back so went over and looked where he was rolling and see dog poo, Why i dont know hope to get answers from other staff owners if there dog has done that either. Thanks Lee

Oh and he has done this aswell when i was fishing with a dead fish on the grass.
chod
chod
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

My Alfie rolls an rubbs his back in other persons dog poo? Empty Re: My Alfie rolls an rubbs his back in other persons dog poo?

Post by janey Tue Jun 21 2011, 19:28

Thankfully Moo doesn't do it but my Scrumps would do it in fox poo which was just sick Why they do I don't know, to be annoying!? When he does it make sure he knows its wrong and keep an eye for any wanted mess on the way, always be a step infront! And maybe carry some wet wipes Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

My Alfie rolls an rubbs his back in other persons dog poo? Empty Re: My Alfie rolls an rubbs his back in other persons dog poo?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 19:32

hmmmmm nice!!! Both mine do this, not with dog poo (they just eat that lol) they only roll in fox, rabbit, sheep etc poo! sick mingin' isnt it lol other than keeping an eye out and distracting i dont have any advice lol sorry x

Back to top Go down

Post by chod Tue Jun 21 2011, 19:40

maybe its fox poo then i dont know how to tell i just assumed its dog poo, cuz we can walk past poo and he dont do it so maybe it mite be fox poo then, i dont know
chod
chod

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chod Tue Jun 21 2011, 19:44

How do i tell if its fox poo then, seeing he dont do it with all poo we see?

I have just got him back from him staying at a friends for about 4 months, this was the first time i took him out?
chod
chod

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 21:02

It's actually far more common than you'd think. The theory is that they are a predator species & so they cover themselves in other animals' poo to confuse the prey! I don't know how true that is. My own theory is that they just like to smell awful & get poo all over your living room carpet!

chod wrote:Oh and he has done this aswell when i was fishing with a dead fish on the grass.

Think yourself lucky. I once had to pull a whole rotting salmon carcass out from half way down Bandit's throat! My hands STUNK of rotten salmon for days, it didn't matter how much I washed them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 21:26

I'm not sure but I sure do wish I could make Suki not want to do this or use the poo as a snack. Espically since she always wants to give me a big kiss afterwards.

chod wrote:Oh and he has done this aswell when i was fishing with a dead fish on the grass.

Think yourself lucky. I once had to pull a whole rotting salmon carcass out from half way down Bandit's throat! My hands STUNK of rotten salmon for days, it didn't matter how much I washed them!
[/quote]

Same experience here as well. I'm even thinking of not using the 10 meter lead on the beach anymore since she seems like she will eat anything and I don't like to have to go fishing in her mouth if she's hungry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 21:30

jstaff wrote:I'm not sure but I sure do wish I could make Suki not want to do this or use the poo as a snack. Espically since she always wants to give me a big kiss afterwards.

Eeeeuuuuwwwww!!! sick

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Jun 21 2011, 21:53

My old dog cracker use to do this in fox poo it does gets annoying because they stink and you get fed up if bathing them luckily kaiser doesnt do it
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by chod Wed Jun 22 2011, 13:04

Thanks for all the reply's i guess theres not much i can do then except just be more aware of what his doing and when he looks like he will go onto his back quickly call him back.

chod
chod

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 13:23

The washed up fish is espically a concern for me here because we have puffer (blow) fish that are extremely poisionous here. When I saw that Suki was eating a fish I was terrified and thought that it might be life threatining. I wanted to rush her to the vet but my smater half convinced me that it wasn't neccessary. Turns out that she was right as usual. Suki did stink a little extra for the next few days though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:09

I very much doubt its another dogs poo, more likely fox, badger or cat. dogs will roll in nasty things as a throwback instinct from when they were wild! It is to cover their scent and make other animals less able to follow their trail.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 14:16

Ah so true but I so wish that there was way way to reverse that genetic instinct. I usually have to physically pull Suki off which while effecective leads to me stinking as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by chod Thu Jun 23 2011, 16:57

lol, there's no poisonous fish here luckily as far as i know, that was a Roach he was rooling in lol
chod
chod

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily n Skye Thu Jun 23 2011, 22:01

Hi all above I have same problem with skye am sure its fox poo or even wee as sometimes i can't see anything there but she is rolling like crazy!! Also she eats it as well as other stuff whilst out this led to her having a tummy bug/infection and had to have course of antibiotics which cost £54 so hoping that doesn't happen too often!! Like u all said it's impossible to stop em really as they need to be off their lead as they love it and it's great exercise for them!! confused
Lily n Skye
Lily n Skye

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog Gender(s) : bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 07:15

when you look at Alfie's gorgeous face in your avatar he does not look like the sort of boy that would roll in poo.. he looks so refined!!

Jethro and Winston love rolling in sheep poo... eating chook poo... etc... Jethro has taught Winston well !! sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Pittboss Mon Jun 27 2011, 18:22

I just had my first bout of this with blue.He found a dead fish near the pond we take him to and decided to roll and rub it all over himself yuck!!! sick
Pittboss
Pittboss
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down