frustrating!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Lightning frustrating!!!!

Post by Rosie0417 Sat Oct 22 2011, 04:03

Soo whenever we are sitting on the couch, laying in bed...zaya decides she can walk on top of us.....& it HURTS!!! how can we get her to stop prancing on top of us...she acts like its nothing
Rosie0417
Rosie0417
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zaya
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Lightning Re: frustrating!!!!

Post by janey Sat Oct 22 2011, 08:07

A firm no and put her on the floor, she'll soon learn. Moo tramples on me, usually when I'm sat infront of the mirror and yes they do hurt lol x gets worse as they get older too!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 08:17

I know I sound really horrible when I say this, and I am not, really, but we aren't letting Vlad on the lounge or any furniture until he has a few more manners LOL. Eventually we will allow him up, but when we say it's okay! He comes in the house now and goes straight on his bed! He plays in his playpen with his toys, comes out to get a cuddle and a fuss, then goes back in. Hopefully when we begin taking him to obedience he will learn a bit more. Do I sound really too strict? I am sorry, I don't know how to stop your little one from climbing on you... too new to being a puppy mum! I hope you can get some help Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 08:38

pixie79 wrote:I know I sound really horrible when I say this, and I am not, really, but we aren't letting Vlad on the lounge or any furniture until he has a few more manners LOL. Eventually we will allow him up, but when we say it's okay! He comes in the house now and goes straight on his bed! He plays in his playpen with his toys, comes out to get a cuddle and a fuss, then goes back in. Hopefully when we begin taking him to obedience he will learn a bit more. Do I sound really too strict? I am sorry, I don't know how to stop your little one from climbing on you... too new to being a puppy mum! I hope you can get some help Big Grin

No you are not being too strict, that's a very common sense approach, good for you.

I agree with Janey, when Zaya is clambering all over you, tell her no firmly and put her on the floor. She'll get the message pretty quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 09:17

its good advice, if only i had followed it myself!! i am covered in bruises on my legs where woody decides i am there to be walked/jumped on when sat on the sofa and yes it hurts!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Oct 22 2011, 09:53

janey wrote:

A firm no and put her on the floor, she'll soon learn. Moo tramples on me, usually when I'm sat infront of the mirror and yes they do hurt lol x gets worse as they get older too!

I was gonna say that

janey beat me to it no talking
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 11:30

We have the opposite, we have to beg Billy to come and sit with us
Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 12:33

We have this issue as well, but really only me. My OH only suffers at night time when Suki will want to cuddle. With me she has no social graces. I don't really mind though.

If you don't want her to do it a firm no and placing her on the floor should work as long as you are consistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie0417 Sat Oct 22 2011, 18:00

I think Zaya's bad manners come from the lack of consitency.
I will be the strict one, as for my bf....he lets her do whatever.

We had this argument this morning. I will take her outside religiously, the moment he gets home and hes in charge she starts peein and pooin in the house. Same with begging I push her down and say no....he hugs her and kisses her and tells her how cute she is. Soo im starting to think she is confused on whats right and whats wrong. & my bf does not get it!!!!
Rosie0417
Rosie0417

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Oct 22 2011, 18:30

You hit the nail on the head there. Everyone has to be consistent with training otherwise she will never learn.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 22:42

She definately does seem like she is confused. It's important to be consistant with her so she knows what is acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23 2011, 00:30

Maybe you should get your bf to read through this thread! Laughing Wink

janey wrote:

thumbs up

Dann wrote:
janey wrote:

I was gonna say that

janey beat me to it no talking

Same here! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie0417 Thu Oct 27 2011, 20:25

He definatly needs to read the thread because my poor baby is so lost and confused....=( i think she is being spoiled and now is being bratty!!!!
Rosie0417
Rosie0417

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by *AL* Tue Nov 08 2011, 21:21

With Ellie (6 months) since we've had her we made her sit and stay in her basket in the lounge whilst we eat our dinners on our laps with trays. She watchwes and as soon as she sees we are finished she will then get out! We also never give her any of our food, she has separate treats so she never bothers us.

*AL*

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 15:18

pixie79 wrote:I know I sound really horrible when I say this, and I am not, really, but we aren't letting Vlad on the lounge or any furniture until he has a few more manners LOL. Eventually we will allow him up, but when we say it's okay! He comes in the house now and goes straight on his bed! He plays in his playpen with his toys, comes out to get a cuddle and a fuss, then goes back in. Hopefully when we begin taking him to obedience he will learn a bit more. Do I sound really too strict? I am sorry, I don't know how to stop your little one from climbing on you... too new to being a puppy mum! I hope you can get some help Big Grin

This sounds like the right way to go. I do try with Tyson but it is me who is inconsistent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down