Ideas for new food??

4 posters

Go down

Ideas for new food?? Empty Ideas for new food??

Post by kacilake Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:30

Our baby 9 1/2 week old Milie's tummy has just decided it does not like meat anymore....

So we are going over to dry....but which one!!!

Burns and JWB make her smell.........

Also don't want to pay a fortune as our other staff only costs about £30 to feed a month...she was allergic to all the expensive brands so butchers and a mixer does her fine and she is doesn't have an ounce of fat on her - very athletic but muscley with it. Has won trophies for her conformation.

So ideas on a mid range puppy complete food would be really helpful !!
kacilake
kacilake
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new food?? Empty Re: Ideas for new food??

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:36

I feed raw, so I can't recommend a dry food. But this might be useful for you...

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t598-dry-food-recommendations

Back to top Go down

Post by XBoNeSX Mon Oct 17 2011, 22:01

try 1/2 cup full cream milk a day + dry food ... but monitor whether upsets the dog ... runny poo and vomiting ... if does stop ASAP ! can get no lactose milk though if upsets dog ....

Nestle Purina Beneful Beef Flavor Dog Food <-- this one we feed our dog + treats + milk every day !
XBoNeSX
XBoNeSX

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : kiesha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Oct 18 2011, 15:02

When you say meat makes her smell do you mean tinned dog meat or raw meat? I used to have problems with my girls skin and flatulence when they were fed any dog food with grain, gluten or cereals in it. Now I feed raw because it means I can see exactly what they are getting and if there are any issues can alter accordingly. The problem with dried and tinned foods is you have to go by what they tell you on the packet. 'meat and animal derivatives' is not very helpful as you dont even know exactly which meats are included and therefore cannot cut certain meats out of their diet to see which they are sensitive too. I dont really like butchers as it has a high percentage of cereals and also has colourings and additives which can contribute to hyperactivity and behavioural issues. By far the best and most natural way to feed is raw or BARF. Barking heads looks good but I havent tried it on my girls.

A few good dried foods I have personally tried are JWB grain free (the lamb and veg one is good). Orijen, though you can't feed too much so they are always sniffing around looking for something. I wouldnt really recommend full-fat milk as most dogs are intollerant to some degree to lactose and also the large amount of fat may lead to weight issues. You can feed goats milk as a treat and for pups it will have more benefits but adult animals dont really need milk apart from before they are weaned.
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 18 2011, 15:08

When my Moo had a dodgy tum and believe me we sufered with it I put her on Royal Canin Sensetivity control food wet/dry mix and she loved it, although I do have a feeling it was pretty expensive Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down