Cane Toads.

3 posters

Go down

Cane Toads. Empty Cane Toads.

Post by criso Sat Oct 15 2011, 00:50

hey guys, last season i had a big problem with cane toads and green tree frogs in my yard and my staffy Demi likes to try and catch and play with them. supposedly cane toads are deadly and the last thing i want is for her to keep trying to play with them.

does anyone have any tips on how to teach her not to touch them. ive had people say when i catch her going for one to really give it to her yelling ect but what would you guys do.

id usualy catch about 5-8 cane toads a night in my back yard so of a night time is quite busy for me.

thanks
cristian

criso
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Cane Toads. Empty Re: Cane Toads.

Post by rascal-girl Sat Oct 15 2011, 03:51

hmmm, no tips on how to stop her going for them, but yes, cane toads are deadly. Thankfully they haven't quite made their way this far south....yet.....
rascal-girl
rascal-girl
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by SKOOOTAROOOTA Mon Oct 17 2011, 11:05

I know you can get those ugly looking plastic Cane Toads or them ones that have been Stuffed holding beer cans and stuff, Maybe try some training techniques by rewarding the puppy for staying away or not touching the plastic version of the toad.. that's just what I would try in that circumstance..

And Yes Lucky they ain't got this far south yet...
SKOOOTAROOOTA
SKOOOTAROOOTA
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 13:03

I lived in Cairns and Townsville with Kita till she was almost 3 yrs old, we also had a mastiff pup at the same time and all we could do was give a very determined NO and be utterly consistent with this whenever they went near them.
It probably helped that I lost it when cane toads came near or into the house and the broom came out a few times. Maybe that's why the dogs stayed away - mad woman waving a broom around Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down