I am looking for a Staffie pup to rescue

4 posters

Go down

I am looking for a Staffie pup to rescue Empty I am looking for a Staffie pup to rescue

Post by miche Thu Oct 13 2011, 14:03

Hi, I am on the lookout for a Staffie pup to rescue, i lost my 14yr old staffie last year to liver disease, i then rehomed 2 elderly staffs from Dogs Trust in Glasgow about 3 weeks later, they had been in DT for a long time, they were mother and son aged 10 and 11 and had never been separated, the mother has arthritis and only has one eye, sadly, i lost my boy Buster to cancer 3 weeks ago Crying or Very sad i still have his mum Kerry, and although i have seen lots of staffies i'd love to rehome, i don't feel i can continue to suffer the loss of my 'babies'

I need to make sure Kerry is going to accept another dog, but i think it would be easier on her to accept a puppy rather than an older dog, i would like to rehome a puppy as young as possible, if anyone has any info regarding puppies looking to be rescued/rehomed i'd very much appreciate it, i am in the Lanarkshire area of Scotland.

thanks

Miche x

miche
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

I am looking for a Staffie pup to rescue Empty Re: I am looking for a Staffie pup to rescue

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 14:13

Hi & welcome to the forum.

Well doen on giving rescue dogs a forever home. You must be so distraught at losing your boys so close to each other. At least you still have Buster's mum, Kerry - she must be a really good age now!

Have you tried this site..........
http://www.staffierescuescotland.co.uk/

I'm sure that even if they don't have any pups to rehome right now, they soon will have!

Back to top Go down

I am looking for a Staffie pup to rescue Empty Re: I am looking for a Staffie pup to rescue

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 14:23

Hi and welcome from us and Suki. Sorry for your losses and thanks for resucing. Good luck in your search for a new pup.

Back to top Go down

Post by miche Thu Oct 13 2011, 14:39

Hi guys, thankyou for the welcome Smile

I still feel devastated at losing my boys, especially the most recent, Buster, he followed me everywhere, a total mummy's boy, it was like he was trying to let me know how much he appreciated me giving him and his mum their forever home.... the truth is, it was me that appreciated the fact that they had chosen me to be their mummy the minute they both saw me......

Varyll, i have looked on that site already, and on the sspca site, Kerry is 12 now, and i'm already dreading the day she has to go to Rainbow Bridge, but you know how it is.... the most important thing we can do for the apart from love and care for them, is to let them go when it's their time, no matter how utterly devastating it is for us x

jstaff, i could NEVER buy a dog after rescuing, once you've resued a dog, there's no going back x

miche

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 16:37

I'm sure you'll find the right forever pup soon! Don't give up!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 13 2011, 16:45

Hiya and welcome. I am so sorry about your loses, well done though, the love they give is unconditional, on both sides,

Moo was about 8 months ish when I got her, a great age, still learning and young enough to adapt, but just slightly older and out of the anoying puppy stage. I think that would be a perfect age for Kelly.

If not and you would prefer younger then contact the shelters as they don't always advertise puppies.

Good luck in your search, you will find the perfect one. I did after being let down over others. And well done you Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 20:32

i am so sorry for your losses. you must be hurting so much. opportunities will come about to fill that void although never replacing those that have passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffymummy Wed Nov 16 2011, 14:51

Hi, Not sure if you managed to find a pup when you were looking in October but have you contacted Edinburgh Cat & Dog home?

Thats where we got ours from at 10 weeks old. They didnt put any of the pups on their website so i would give them a call.

Might be a long shot but worth a try.

Hope you find one to rescue soon.
Staffymummy
Staffymummy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louis
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by SRS Scotland Tue Dec 27 2011, 17:13

Hi

Please have a look on our website - www.staffordshirerescuescotland.co.uk
In the next couple of days we are expecting a male pup to come in, 12 weeks old.
SRS Scotland
SRS Scotland
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Rescue Supporter
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Rescue Supporter

Status Status :

Support total : 4

http://www.staffordshirerescuescotland.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down