its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it)

+5
janey
gem
youngkaiser
mika03
Steve
9 posters

Go down

its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it) Empty its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it)

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 17:14

Walking memphis round the local designated dog park come across two old woman sitting on a park bench and when i went past one said to the other if that dog was not on a lead it would have gone for them and i just went off on one sayin what was she going on about and she said i should not be walking that kind of dog in a park and i should go on the big field and walk him and i pointed out it was a dog park and he on a lead and doing nothing wrong and she said that does not give me the right to make them come into contact with dogs so i give them some words i would not usally use to the old and went on with my walk.

10minutes later the park warden came up to me on his little electric buggy and told me he had a complaint about a dangerous gray dog walking off lead in the park with a man and a girl i pointed out that hes not dangerous and he never goes off lead yet and he admitted the way they were talking it was this rabid dog running wild not a four month old pup and he had went around the park looking for a completly differant dog and had spoke to me on the off chance but i addmitted i had words with them.

on leaving the park the same old ladys were still sitting in the same spot when they saw me thay got that smug smile on there faces so i let go with it both guns and used some really bad words then came home feeling a lot better angry

Back to top Go down

its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it) Empty Re: its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it)

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 17:42

That's ridiculous. Poor Memphis. I'm not looking forward to that kind of thing when I'm walking Charlie but like you, I dont think I'd be able to bite my tongue. At least memphis couldnt understand what those horrible old women were saying about him.

Back to top Go down

its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it) Empty Re: its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it)

Post by Steve Thu Oct 28 2010, 17:48

grrr what pain.....

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 18:31

Am sure you had a nice choice of words !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by mika03 Thu Oct 28 2010, 18:50

bizzwa ur pup is like mine
mika03
mika03
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : mika
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 20:04

you get them 2 aulds ones sitting on benches in every park, nothing else to do but give out and pass comments

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 20:05

A have one old woman here.. sept her dog barks at the hell of it little rat it is !! And she gives you that look shes scared of you a hoody and your dog !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 21:04

mika03 wrote:bizzwa ur pup is like mine
more than likely their from the same line

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 21:05

well done you! They deserved it and we cant be angels all the time! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 21:08

Don't blame you. I'd have done the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu Oct 28 2010, 21:15

I dont blame u they really get on ur nerves and id have done the same people just dont have a clue
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Oct 28 2010, 22:19

good on you!!!! thats why the stafford is fighting the conceptions of people like that they are ignorant to say and do this hold your head up high you dont need to prove a single thing to the likes of them good job
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28 2010, 22:31

I get it all the time. "Them vicious dogs", "Bloody pitbulls", "Don't you let him near my little Mitzie!" (like I would, mitzie'd probably give him fleas!).

I mostly turn a deaf ear but sometimes it's hard. The other day I heard a woman telling her son (about 7 or 8 years old) to "take a good look at that vicious dog & don't EVER go near it!"

The boy was almost shaking in fear! I didn't want to frighten the kid further so I just calmly offered to show them how friendly Dempsey is, especially with kids, and I think the boy was interested, but the mum started shouting & getting hysterical so I gave up & walked on. Poor Dempsey, he thinks that every child has been put on this earth to play with him, and he can't understand it when they won't. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 28 2010, 23:17

Nice on the choice words!!! Sometimes and only sometimes some people deserve it!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Thu Oct 28 2010, 23:19

seany boy wrote:Am sure you had a nice choice of words !! Laughing

lol i said a few when reading the post and i'm a sweet polite innocent lady Laughing NOT.

I would have gone off on one as well. Just one question though what were they doing in a dog park?is it part of a big park or something?
Memphis wouldn't go them anyway i'm sure that Memphis couldn't get their teeth into those old bones. Oops sorry had to say it, i'm just in the mood for going off on one.

Last edited by HazelJ on Fri Oct 29 2010, 00:21; edited 1 time in total
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
its not like me to lose my temper with the old(but couldnt help it) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29 2010, 00:11

I hope no one says anything when I can take milly out I wouldnt be able to stop myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Fri Oct 29 2010, 22:11

I get that sort of thing quite a bit, especially as Buster is a cross and looks like a double sized Staffy.

I keep a stock of answers to give to people like that. It brings me down to their level yes, but at least it brings a smile to my face as I walk away.

Here's a few good ones:

To a fat person/ fatter than you person. 'Oh, I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly'

To a fat person with a dog, 'You should take your dog out more often, it doesn't get enough exercise - I can tell by the size of your backside'

To a stupid person with any dog who doesn't want their dog to associate with yours (as happened recently to me) No, you are quite right - I will not let my dog play with your dog, as that would mean I would feel obliged to converse with you, and quite frankly, I am choosy.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Fri Oct 29 2010, 23:08

It can be ridiculous how some people react.
A little while back i was walking my dogs in a local woodland area where i live. Both dogs were on there leads because lots of people use the area for walking and running etc.. As i was walking along this labrador comes running towards me and its owner chasing it to try make him stop. When the lab got up next to my dogs they just both wagged they're tails and pretty much wanted to play. A few seconds later the owner arrives and grabs his dog by the collar and drags him away to put him back and the lead. When he had that done he had the cheek to tell me i shouldn't be walking these dogs around there because kids use the area and i should have them muzzled ~angry
I was so angry i was lost for words. Some people need a serious reality check
Gavin
Gavin
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jack&Jade
Dog Gender(s) : Male&Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29 2010, 23:34

he should have his lab on a lead,some of the labs can be right vicious, i just think because the staffs get bad press every non staffy owner thinks they are vicious and child killers how ignorant some people are, i always say if you want to know me come live with me, its not until you own a staff, that you see their true quality's

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:47

True Shane, i have been saying lately "You don't know my staffy so don't judge him like u think you do".
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 08:28

I agree with you all never had a staff before but have baby sat my brothers when he is on holiday and a few of my mates have them and all of them are fab I would trust them with any kids, that is why when we decided to get a new dog we chose a staff. We have a big lab just round the corner and it dives on kids a hurts them but they just say he is a bigg softy well he is not he has hurt some of the kids but nothing said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 10:37

I wouldnt care if they were old,young or inbetween.If they have the stupidity to slag off your dog for doing nothing wrong,then good on you for ripping into them.Id do exactly the same thing if someone has a problem with Cairo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby&Me Sat Oct 30 2010, 12:59

Good on ya big stupid old biddies! Ooooh it makes me so angry! Memphis is lucky to have you stick up for him!
Ppl (espesh the older generation) are so judgemental, they deserve a slap, with a bug wet fish!
Hope your ok anyways ;-)
Luv carla and ruby
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 13:21

ha ha im fine iv got verry thick skin i just dont think they could have picked me on a worse day SOreally they done me a favour and i felt a lot better after wards Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down