Halloween

+2
janey
Kathy
6 posters

Go down

Halloween  Empty Halloween

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:33

I'm sure I'm jumping the gun but simply love the holliday's. Is anyone planning on dressing their dogs in costume for the holiday or have some old pics?

Back to top Go down

Halloween  Empty Re: Halloween

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:36

this will be our first year with billy, halloween is not such a big deal in our house, so i probally wont dress him up, what about you

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:38

No trick or treaters here but I'll probally still dress her. Even though she won't care for it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:39

looking forward to seeing the pics, do they not celebrate holloween in japan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:41

Not so much but I'm a sucker for the hollidays. We live off post and I always do my best to put up decorations and spread the spirit. Most times I'm seen as odd Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:47

Loads of kids on our estate but they never seem to do anything at Halloween. Used to when I was a kid and do Penny for the Guy. Not safe for them to do it now I guess, cannot let them out of your sight without some weirdo hanging around.

As for dressing up dog , Rocky just says NO. Laughing
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:49

Suki says no as well. then we take her out for a walk or play session and she is too tired to resist Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:51

good idea

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 13:54

Exercise is key Big Grin Can't wait until she is a bit older and I can put a backpack on her to tire her out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 22:15

we always used to do the porch up for the trick or treaters. they always have mum or dad with them so they are perfectly safe. this house doesnt get them though cos its the main road and there arent any kids only in the next streets so they never come but last year we had a party and everyone got dressed up shame lemmy wasnt with us then he would have loved the dressing up i think well chasing other peoples dresses and things any way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 22:25

I'm an old stick in the mud! I don't like trick or treat, and I don't like penny for the guy!

That's the trouble with not only being a catholic, but being a church secretary - halloween is just All Hallow's Eve (ie the evening before All Saints Day - a holy day in the catholic church) and the guy is, of course, guy fawkes, who was a catholic!

I don't like trick or treat because some kids get carried away, or only do it so they can throw rotten eggs etc at people's doors & windows, and anyway, you just don't know whose doors the kids are knocking on......there are so many weirdos out there. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 28 2011, 22:44

I'm a proper child when it comes to Halloween Smile

Would love to spend one in America where its a bigger thing. Thankfully we don't get trick or treaters but I used to love decorating the pub Smile

Halloween  Pumpkins
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 23:22

there are some rotten kids that are only out to cause mscheif but most of the trick or treaters are kids out for the fun of the occasion dressed up with mum or dad at the gate waiting for them to make sure theyre safe. if we were to think of the negative of things all the time then life would be sad. halloween bondfire night the tooth fairy easter adn christmas are all something for the kids to look forward to. its the fun of the occasion and joining in and seeing everyone be nice for a change. i love to see the kids faces at such times its what life is for smiling and its times like these that the kids remind us. they grow up too fast let them have a childhood full of fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 23:41

_julie_ wrote:there are some rotten kids that are only out to cause mscheif but most of the trick or treaters are kids out for the fun of the occasion dressed up with mum or dad at the gate waiting for them to make sure theyre safe. if we were to think of the negative of things all the time then life would be sad. halloween bondfire night the tooth fairy easter adn christmas are all something for the kids to look forward to. its the fun of the occasion and joining in and seeing everyone be nice for a change. i love to see the kids faces at such times its what life is for smiling and its times like these that the kids remind us. they grow up too fast let them have a childhood full of fun

That's all well & good, but what about all the people who don't want knocks on their doors all night? They're not being mean or miserable, they just don't want to be disturbed!

Round here, they started a system a couple of years ago where people could put a lit pumpkin by their door so that the kids would know who would welcome them. By & large it works well (apart from the little oiks who ignore it).

Bonfire night I hate. I hate the fireworks that terrify animals (wild & domestic) and the thought of celebrating burning someone on the bonfire makes me shudder!

Christmas I love, and I love to see the looks on childrens' faces when you talk about santa clause & baby jesus - such simple wonder & happiness. Easter's a little different, as I think the whole meaning is now lost. By all means have eggs & egg hunts etc, but the meaning should still be taught.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 23:55

it seems caryll that you and i are not destined to agree on anything tonight so i will just say goodnight

Back to top Go down

Post by KerryAnn Thu Sep 29 2011, 05:51

I LOVE Halloween!

We either go to a city party or give the endless kids too many sweets Big Grin
KerryAnn
KerryAnn
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Halloween  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Paddy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Thu Sep 29 2011, 20:35

halloween everyday with my ex !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30 2011, 04:07

Tim Saxon and I are doing a Steampunk theme. We have a bunch of supplies, but have yet to put it all together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Fri Sep 30 2011, 09:05

I'm not dressing up nor are my children, well my son says he's too old now (14) and my daughter can't as We've got parents evening that night .
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Sat Oct 01 2011, 19:57

Halloween is the ULTIMATE date in our house, as it is also my birthday! We don't even tend to put up Christmas decorations, but we have ten tonnes of Halloween tack to spread around. There's Skelly Tom, the skelly-ton, pumpkin fairy lights, Boris the enormous spider, skull garlands - the list is endless. We've even been growing pumpkins since May! This year, since Violet is on the scene, we are especially excited about V &I's matching Halloween t shirts that my mum and dad bought us. I don't know what we'll be doing when we wear them (maybe scaring the neighbours chldren?), but I am more than confident that we'll look great! Wink
skull >Smile skull
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 22:19

linzy wrote:Halloween is the ULTIMATE date in our house, as it is also my birthday! We don't even tend to put up Christmas decorations, but we have ten tonnes of Halloween tack to spread around. There's Skelly Tom, the skelly-ton, pumpkin fairy lights, Boris the enormous spider, skull garlands - the list is endless. We've even been growing pumpkins since May! This year, since Violet is on the scene, we are especially excited about V &I's matching Halloween t shirts that my mum and dad bought us. I don't know what we'll be doing when we wear them (maybe scaring the neighbours chldren?), but I am more than confident that we'll look great! Wink
skull >Smile skull

Sounds like a great time don't forget the pics Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 22:50

Caryll wrote:I'm an old stick in the mud! I don't like trick or treat, and I don't like penny for the guy!

That's the trouble with not only being a catholic, but being a church secretary - halloween is just All Hallow's Eve (ie the evening before All Saints Day - a holy day in the catholic church) and the guy is, of course, guy fawkes, who was a catholic!

I don't like trick or treat because some kids get carried away, or only do it so they can throw rotten eggs etc at people's doors & windows, and anyway, you just don't know whose doors the kids are knocking on......there are so many weirdos out there. Sad

I like halloween as me and the OH go to 'live scare attractions' but i hate trick or treaters and i won't be opening the door to kids, I can't be arsed :-$

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 22:59

I haven't been to a haunted house or had trick ot treaters since 2004 Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down