Question about Franks Teeth

2 posters

Go down

Question about Franks Teeth Empty Question about Franks Teeth

Post by Charlene_Frank Wed Sep 28 2011, 10:27

Hi Guys,

I have a little question, I read some where not sure where but that as a puppy I should try and brush Frank’s teeth?

Don’t get me wrong I didn’t go to Tesco’s and buy a baby tooth brush or anything but in the mornings after I have brushed my own teeth I do get him to sit on the bathroom floor beside me and just check his teeth, with my fingers, he is perfectly happy for me to do this and sits there quite the thing (I think because he knows if he doesn’t bite he will get a treat)

Should I be doing this?? As he gets older am I going to need to brush his teeth with a special doggie tooth brush??

I sometimes feel like i baby him a little by checking his teeth and ears and given his wee face a little wipe with his special doggie wipes in the morning but I don’t think there is any harm in it?? If I’m wrong please correct me.

Thanks xxx
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Question about Franks Teeth Empty Re: Question about Franks Teeth

Post by janey Wed Sep 28 2011, 11:11

Yes you should Smile when they get older you are advised to clean there teeth (you can get a finger brush from the vets), so getting them used having there teeth and mouths played with at a young age is great so when there older you can clean them easily.

Mines only 2ish and the vets have advised me to start, unfortunatly as she has never had her mouth touched is proving quite a problem Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 11:20

Definitely get her used to you checking her mouth/teeth & brushing her teeth. Although she'll lose those babt teeth soon, if you get her used to you brushing them you won't have any problems when her new teeth come through.

Although I feed Dempsey raw meat & bones so his teeth stay pretty clean, I still brush them once or twice a month. If you're feeding commercial food, then you should brush at least once a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Wed Sep 28 2011, 11:28

Ahh that’s good, as I said Frank will sit there while I brush my teeth then he will let me have a look at his teeth and I run my finger along his teeth and he doesn’t bother, so ill keep doing that.

If I keep it part of our daily morning routine hopefully he will always been so nice about it 

I find with Frank that if I can make it seem like fun he is willing to do anything, and after a few times he realises it wont hurt him and is fine doing it, he loves the bath now as well  maybe my boy has a little of my OCD lol

Thanks guys
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Wed Sep 28 2011, 11:38

Ahh that’s good, as I said Frank will sit there while I brush my teeth then he will let me have a look at his teeth and I run my finger along his teeth and he doesn’t bother, so ill keep doing that.

If I keep it part of our daily morning routine hopefully he will always been so nice about it 

I find with Frank that if I can make it seem like fun he is willing to do anything, and after a few times he realises it wont hurt him and is fine doing it, he loves the bath now as well  maybe my boy has a little of my OCD lol

Thanks guys
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 12:29

It's best to keep them brushed. If they are used to it when they are young then there will not be any problems. Same thing for cleaning the ears and any other grooming habits. If you start now you are saving yourself from problems in the future IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down