Cat scratched her eye!

4 posters

Go down

Cat scratched her eye!  Empty Cat scratched her eye!

Post by Scubasteve Fri Sep 16 2011, 20:44

Our next door neighbours have 5 cats who always sit in our garden, poo in the garden and rip our rubbish bags up! However since getting Tinkerbell they are starting to come in less.

I let Tinkerbell out with me earlier whilst I got the washing in, and she was running around on the grass happy as larry. Next thing I know she headed for the rubbish, and as she did I saw a cats head poking out of our rubbish bag Laughing It must have been in the garden when she came out and gone in there to hide from her. She spotted it and promptly decided to see if it wanted to play, it scarpered and she ran after it. Next thing I now, as I am trying to get her off the cat is hissing and spitting at her and slashing her with its claws. It only ran away because Ian came out to see what was going on.

Checked her back when she came in, as that where the cat seemed to be scramming and can't see anything. But noticed she has been had on the eyelids, above and below her eye. Luckily it looks like she shut her eye when it scrammed her as her eyeball is ok. I have washed it with warm water, is there anything else I need to do to try and avoid it becoming infected?

She doesn't seem bothered by it at all, but I will be keeping an eye for signs of infection as I know how nasty cats claws can be!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Cat scratched her eye!  Empty Re: Cat scratched her eye!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16 2011, 20:50

salt water is the best, or honey in water

we used to have problems with cats, billy sorted that problem' hopefully tinkerbell will do it and soon you wont have a problem

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Sep 16 2011, 20:57

As lynne said, a salt soak would be best. Just boil water and add sea salt then soak the eye lid in the very hot water. It will draw any impurities out. Keep an eye on it (no pun intended!) as cat scratches tend to get infected.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Sep 16 2011, 20:57

Thanks didn't think of salt water, will do so after she has been out for a wee before bed!

I hope so, we have had problems with them for 8 months. At the moment they know only to stay out when she is out. They have a small kitten though who keeps walking in the house when the door is opened for a second, we have had a close call a few times with Tinkerbell but the neighbours don't care.

The kitten is in particular a right pain, the cats aren't bothered with much, not sure they are fed much either as they eat everything that is thrown out. But the kitten miaws at us when we go out in the garden, either to be let in our house or to be fed. Not sure if he knows who its owners are poor thing. It is covered in scabs too, only about 12 weeks old and left out in the garden all day long with the others! Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16 2011, 22:48

awww naughty kitty!!! .. i remember when my diesel stuck his head in a bush while he was out for a walk once and a cat was in the bush and it scratched all his nose and muzzle, poor lad!.
We used warm salt water to clean it out and it was scabbed up by morning and healed within the week Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Sep 17 2011, 07:25

Hopefully hers will heal as quick! Bless her, she only wanted to play, she was all excited. She is too friendly for her own good with everyone and everything! It looks ok this morning, so fingers crossed she will be fine!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sat Sep 17 2011, 08:58

please dont take this the wrong way....... get a sack .. put the cat in it .. get a concrete block.. put the block in the sack.. tie the end.. and chuck in the river.....................end of problems Big Grin ............ rolling on the floor
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17 2011, 09:24

dkay72 wrote:please dont take this the wrong way....... get a sack .. put the cat in it .. get a concrete block.. put the block in the sack.. tie the end.. and chuck in the river.....................end of problems Big Grin ............ rolling on the floor

Dkay I'm calling the RSPCA about you!

I hope Tinkerbell is ok and healing well.

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sat Sep 17 2011, 09:35

lol cats are pointless they scratch dogs and wen the dog bites back the dogs get slatted for it .... we should get rid of immigrants and cats there nothing but trouble Laughing
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Sep 17 2011, 12:34

Laughing I would seriously consider doing this, next doors cats are nothing but a huge pain! I seriously don't know why they have cats, they are not bothered with, especially that poor young kitten who craves attention!

Oh and that is so true, their cats run riot ripping bags, going in everyone's gardens and shitting. Yet when one of them wandered into the guy down the roads garden and was attacked by a rottweiler, they rung the RSPCA on him for keeping a dangerous dog!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sat Sep 17 2011, 12:46

sounds like the neighbours need reporting to the rspca.why would any one wants 5 cats.I have the same problem with milly and my cat she chases him and first thing he does is try attack her eyes milly is only 5 months old at the moment so she just wants the cat to play.I know it might not sound nice but when she starts chasing the cat around i put the cat out in the garden even when the weathers not good.Else i could end up with a blind dog.I think tinkerbell will remember this incident and be a bit more warrey of it next time.try putting pepper down near the bin that will keep the dam pest out of the rubbish bags sounds like they arent feed to me by the way love the name tinkerbell Smile
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Sep 17 2011, 20:01

Well their plan to report the rottweiler failed big time as the RSPCA called at theirs regarding the matter and isn't happy with the scabs that are all over the kitten. I agree about not being fed, they eat anything and everything from our bins. The other day the little kitten was eating a polysterne container because it once housed Ian's kebab. I seriously doubt they are being fed enough, especially that kitten who is out all day!

Thanks, I am not keen on it though. It is growing on me, but she came with that name so didn't really want to confuse her or the kids.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sun Sep 18 2011, 00:39

CATS = POINTLESS Big Grin
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18 2011, 09:59

I'm afraid any cat that comes into this house is breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum