Don't know how many of u get Take A Break magazine but this week they have an article about "killer Dogs"

4 posters

Go down

Don't know how many of u get Take A Break magazine but this week they have an article about "killer Dogs" Empty Re: Don't know how many of u get Take A Break magazine but this week they have an article about "killer Dogs"

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 10:27

I don't get it, but I'm willing to bet it won't be complimentary to staffs.

Back to top Go down

Don't know how many of u get Take A Break magazine but this week they have an article about "killer Dogs" Empty Re: Don't know how many of u get Take A Break magazine but this week they have an article about "killer Dogs"

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 10:51

So misunderstood and in that pic the dog is just smiling for the camera lol
But on a serious note they could show any breed of dog that has attacked someone......maybe one day they will connect the attacking dogs with how their owners are with them rather than what breed of dog it is.
The reason why more pitbulls/staffs etc bite is because the owners whoi look for status symbols don't get much status from wrongly looking after a yorkshire terrier. Not rocket science

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 10:56

Ye ma staffys a killer shes murder various folk in scotland....NATTTTT This gets me anoyed angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 11:00

BlueStaffBlue wrote:So misunderstood and in that pic the dog is just smiling for the camera lol
But on a serious note they could show any breed of dog that has attacked someone......maybe one day they will connect the attacking dogs with how their owners are with them rather than what breed of dog it is.
The reason why more pitbulls/staffs etc bite is because the owners whoi look for status symbols don't get much status from wrongly looking after a yorkshire terrier. Not rocket science

You've hit the nail on the head. It's the owners, not the breed. Every dog needs specific types of people to look after them. What NONE of them need is a status seeking idiot who's looking for an extension to their man(woman)hood! *didn't want to be sexist there! Big Grin *

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Oct 25 2010, 22:32

They should be photographing the owners not the breed of dogs it gets my back up the dog always gets blamed and not the irresponsible owner angry
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 15:12

There was an incident that happened at a local country park close to my house a few weeks ago where a leashed dog bit a child at the country park pub it was described in the paper as being a stafford type dogs and litterally foaming at the mouth.....
Anyway to cut a long story short it turned out to be a off lead collie (how they managed to confuse a collie with a staffie i will never no). I contacted the paper to complain about the mix up and 2 say that staffies have a bad name through no fault of there own and blah blah u no how it goes so they said they would put an appoligy in the paper the following week. The 'sorry' went something along the lines of we made a mistake it wasnt a staffie it was a collie but as the attack was so serious we just jumped to conclusions, we now belive the dog was a staffie cross collie as the attack was so bad we belive staffie must be in the dog somewhere down the line!
Needless to say i was furious.......

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 26 2010, 15:35

OMG blaze666 thats appauling! So they get the breed totally wrong and then just change it to a staffie cross?!?!? What complete spoons stomp
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 16:23

its not the staffs you need to watch a pd off staff owner is for more dangerous banghead why do people just jump to conclusions the breed is fighting an on going battle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 17:10

blaze666 wrote: we now belive the dog was a staffie cross collie as the attack was so bad we belive staffie must be in the dog somewhere down the line!
Needless to say i was furious.......

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!! ~angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 18:19

Whaaaaatttt?!! It was a bad attack so it MUST have staffy in it?! Thats absolutely diabolical! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Oct 26 2010, 19:43

Its ridiculous collies can be just as vicious as any other dog these people writing thses stories arent very well educated
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 21:21

youngkaiser wrote:Its ridiculous collies can be just as vicious as any other dog these people writing thses stories arent very well educated

Y'know I started with Border Collies many years ago. I can honestly say that they were NOT particularly friendly dogs. Most seem to have an inbuilt reserve & can be quite unsociable, so why they should automitically think there was a stafford in the cross I've no idea!

Just sensationalism once again. The bully breeds are the easy targets because of their background & the fact that they can be owned by the wrong people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 22:27

Funny you should mention this, I'm staying at my dads with my kids this week for half term and his border collie does not like my twins. He's alright with my 6 yr old, but growls every time my 3 year old twins go near him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 23:10

My dad's been keeping him muzzled when he does it. He said if he actually goes for one of them, he's gone. Needless to say, we're all keeping a very close eye on him. My dad also has a black and white staffy called charlie, he's the one that made me fall in love with staffs which is why i'm calling mine charlie. He is good as gold with my children. My son accidentally sat on him earlier and he didnt care at all. They play with him loads and he's just perfect with them. I absolutely adore him and wanted one as soon as I met him.

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Wed Oct 27 2010, 00:55

Caryll wrote:
youngkaiser wrote:Its ridiculous collies can be just as vicious as any other dog these people writing thses stories arent very well educated

Y'know I started with Border Collies many years ago. I can honestly say that they were NOT particularly friendly dogs. Most seem to have an inbuilt reserve & can be quite unsociable, so why they should automitically think there was a stafford in the cross I've no idea!

Just sensationalism once again. The bully breeds are the easy targets because of their background & the fact that they can be owned by the wrong people.

My Mia is half border collie half jack russell and i can tell u from experience that she is the most vicious bitch i have seen in ages, she goes at Harley for no reason, he comes running to me and i get bitten, she has ripped open my thumb,as well as torn skin off other body parts but i won't get rid of her because i love her and she's protective, she lets us know when someone is around who shouldn't be around. I was attacked by a maltese terrier and couldn' walk for a month,nothing got done about the dog, the owner said i hit the dog which i didn't as i don't hit dogs i hit stupid owners, i was just walking to the bus stop minding my own business.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Don't know how many of u get Take A Break magazine but this week they have an article about "killer Dogs" Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Wed Oct 27 2010, 01:22

Mia doesn't have kids around except those that walk past the house but she's behind a 6 ft high steel fence with locked gates and can't get out. We live in an area full of refugees/asylum sekers(we've been here 26 years and there's only 6 Australian families in the street now) and she hates the Africans, they go past and she goes off her head, and it's because the girl i got her from had an African boyfriend that used to do things to her when she was only a little puppy. ! came to the door one day and lets just say he's lucky he got out alive.
HazelJ
HazelJ
Don't know how many of u get Take A Break magazine but this week they have an article about "killer Dogs" Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Fri Oct 29 2010, 00:09

Shane, i don't blame your dog, hey it's there property u come in uninvited and what do u expect?

Here is a response from TAB mags facebook page in response to their load of BS article.
Thank-you, everyone, for the many comments you have made here regarding our dangerous dogs article. Our story showed that some individuals want these animals primarily because they a...re dangerous, threatening and frightening. And it’s a matter of record that they do maim and kill people, especially children. One person here suggested the children are to blame but most of us wouldn’t accept that.We are sure that 99.99 per cent of our readers support our position.
2 hours ago · Comment · Like
Nicola Davies likes this.
Tab Editorial They simply wish to take their family for a walk in the park or the street without feeling in danger. How can they tell which dog has been trained to be friendly and which has been trained to be nasty and vicious? By the time their kids find out, someone may have been mutilated or killed. Ordinary people are entitled to be protected from attack, or fear of attack, as they go about their normal daily lives. Some of you say it’s all down to the dog owner. Yes, that’s true but on that basis you could also argue that everyone be allowed to go about armed with guns and hand grenades – and say, ‘Well, it’s all down to the individual owner…’ We have another article on this subject in our next issue, out this Thursday 28 October.
Take a Break

Last edited by shane on Sat Oct 30 2010, 22:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : remove link)
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Oct 29 2010, 00:17

Muppets! Seriously
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Fri Oct 29 2010, 00:29

Janey wrote:Muppets! Seriously

Believe me u go to the face book page called staffies aren't dangerous spread the word and u will hear alot worse names.
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Oct 29 2010, 00:32

On it now x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29 2010, 08:42

Why can't they see that the legislation that is needed should be against the OWNER of the dog, not the dog itself?

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:55

Caryll- they are politicians they don't have a brain cell to rub together that's why.
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Oct 30 2010, 09:48

HazelJ wrote:Caryll- they are politicians they don't have a brain cell to rub together that's why.

Too true
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JessAndLottie Mon Nov 01 2010, 14:30

It's absolutely disgusting and so primitive. I read the articles and was shaking with anger. The author of the articles are so dense, I actually fear for them.

It is *my* personal belief that no breed, or individual dog has any kind of inherent aggression unless severely inbred or has a brain tumour. A staffy may be raised to be social with other dogs despite its history, a collie may be raised not to heard sheep or people (ifyou don't want it to anyway - maybe agility instead?), a jack russel may be raised not to kill rats. And etc. But nearly every breed has its specifics that may lead to aggression if you don't provide for its needs. Border collies? High energy and high intelligence. A working dog. I work part time at a kennels during the summer and of course I've loads of unstable, neurotic collies. My other dog is part collie. Actually some of the most viscious dogs I've seen have been labradors. But those dogs shouldn't count for the hundreds of balanced labradors out there with no behaviour problems. I think we've reached a point with our dogs where we've forgotten about their heritage. Loads of little dogs that pass us on out walks explode when they see us. I've known people openly admit that "it doesn't matter because they are small" - the wouldn't have allowed it with a bigger dog.
JessAndLottie
JessAndLottie
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lottie
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 03:34

The web site i advertised the pups on, this woman messaged me saying how sick was i to be selling and i quote "these disgusting deadly vicouse mean killing machines" I won't add what i wrote back but here is some of it, i'll show you how mean my dog is, give me your address and ill fetch him down for him to vicousely lick you to death. she never wrote back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down