Buddy and Lara Problem??

5 posters

Go down

Buddy and Lara Problem?? Empty Buddy and Lara Problem??

Post by Dr@c Mon Aug 29 2011, 19:47

Hi all wasnt sure which part to put this is so made a guess lol,

As some might know we have Lara (10) had her 8-9 years now and we have just rescued Buddy (3 months) yesterday (28th), basicaly im wondering why Lara is avoiding him alot since yesterday, everytime he comes near she turns her head and moves away from him, any ideas why this might be? They seemed to get on ok yesterday, Lara has always been a sort of Lazy bed dog anyway but can play and walk when needed lol Big Grin any help will be appriciated Big Grin
Dr@c
Dr@c
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lara, Buddy
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Buddy and Lara Problem?? Empty Re: Buddy and Lara Problem??

Post by janey Mon Aug 29 2011, 20:02

Never had 2 together so I wouldn't know. Maybe Lara feels a little put out.

It's such early days I think they need time to settle, and at least they aren't fighting. Just sussing each other out Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon Aug 29 2011, 20:48

hia as janey said lara is prob def feeling put out and they are not fighting,lara has had all your attention for the last 9 years and now she has a puppy to put up with,give it time and she'll love him,we had it with sasha when we got alfie 6 weeks ago,soon settles down Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:58

shes just adjusting to the new addition, like said above she has been on her own for so long now all of a sudden theres a new pup and the attention is shared .. She will get used to him in her own time and then they will be glued to each other lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 00:53

She's just getting used to the new pup. Make sure not to ignore her or pay all of the attention to the new pup and everything should be fine. Do keep an eye out in case there are signs of aggression. Not saying there will be just something to watch for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:01

I agree......maybe she is feeling a bit put out after having all of your love and attention for such a length of time and now there is a baby getting loads of attention. Try to share the love and attention between them equally ( i'm sure you are anyway )

It may also be that she is not interested in playing and having the new addition in her face....she may just want to chill-out and relax and Pup wants to play.

Give them time, and she will probably warm to Buddy over the next short while. Buddy will learn when Lara has had enough and they should hopefully both adjust accordingly. It's early days yet.

Good luck, and keep us posted Smile

P.S. : Have we mentioned yet, that we Love photo's ( hint hint )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 08:31

i think lara, deserves a nice treat and lots more cuddles than normal
she is probally just feeling a little left out

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@c Tue Aug 30 2011, 11:05

Hey all thanks for the replys, I'm trying to be patient but its difficult as Lara has been our sole baby for so long lol and care about her as im sure all of you do as our daughter i guess lol, we are giving them equal attention as best we can, she still isnt liking his attention much at all but we will see where it goes. Am I right in guessing that if aggression was shown then we have a major problem? As for pics we will try get some more up soon lol Big Grin thanks again all Big Grin
Dr@c
Dr@c

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Aug 30 2011, 20:20

hia was just wondering how lara is with the new puppy today?
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 21:11

Dr@c wrote:Hey all thanks for the replys, I'm trying to be patient but its difficult as Lara has been our sole baby for so long lol and care about her as im sure all of you do as our daughter i guess lol, we are giving them equal attention as best we can, she still isnt liking his attention much at all but we will see where it goes. Am I right in guessing that if aggression was shown then we have a major problem? As for pics we will try get some more up soon lol Big Grin thanks again all Big Grin

If aggression is shown it can be a potentialy serious problem but it could also just be normal behavior as well. They are by nature a dog aggressive and protective breed. Your older dog now has a new puppy in her home and getting some of the attention you used to give to her so she is bound to take some time to adapt. The puppy is also very energetic and could be bothering her when she wants to be left alone. The older dog may growl a bit or use body language to tell the puppy to leave her alone. This is normal. Extremly aggreesive and constant growling or lunging at the puppy could be a serious issue. You see them all the time so you should be the best judge of what is going on. I would advise that you seperate them if you are going to be away and jupervise them when you are at home.

Looking forward to the pics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@c Tue Aug 30 2011, 21:34

Hey, thanks for the replies some very helpful advice Big Grin today has been the same so far, although she played with him for a few mins in the garden but a while later he tried to play and she growled and snapped at him, I am about to upload a few pics over in the pic section if anyone fancies a glance Big Grin ill keep posted as to there behaviour Big Grin
Dr@c
Dr@c

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Aug 31 2011, 00:27

My girl was 3 when I got my boy they certinely are not daft and to present your face to a pup and your going to get it nipped. My girl would be lied down and my boy would flop down at her side and my girl would have shock horror on her face get up and move and the pup would be like were you gone ha ha these are all adjustments and it seems like your girl is adjusting to having him there and also showing him the rules. They will probably be inseperable soon Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@c Wed Aug 31 2011, 16:51

gem wrote:My girl was 3 when I got my boy they certinely are not daft and to present your face to a pup and your going to get it nipped. My girl would be lied down and my boy would flop down at her side and my girl would have shock horror on her face get up and move and the pup would be like were you gone ha ha these are all adjustments and it seems like your girl is adjusting to having him there and also showing him the rules. They will probably be inseperable soon Smile

Thanks I hope so Big Grin
Dr@c
Dr@c

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Wed Sep 14 2011, 21:20

They will bond eventually then you will never be able to keep them apart.
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down