Bad Weekend

4 posters

Go down

Bad Weekend Empty Bad Weekend

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 01:22

I've had a bad weekend. My boyfriend's sister had a miscarriage yesterday. I'm really pretty down about not being an aunt. I think it would be a lot more fun than being a mom at this point in my life. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, though. The baby will come when s/he is ready. What's really sad about it, though, is that today is their 1 year anniversary. I hope they can still enjoy it.

In other news my (17 year old) baby brother has Viral Pneumonia, I'm having some weird lady issues and am going to the lady doctor tomorrow and The Boyfriend and I are out of money until the 30th. It's not been a great weekend.

Last edited by CatStina on Sat Aug 27 2011, 02:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Bad Weekend Empty Re: Bad Weekend

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:00

Oh no what horrid news! Well like u say it will happen when it happens! I hope everythings okay with you as well.....let us no what doc says x

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:12

Thats pretty s*it Catstina, how terriable. All I can say is we are all here if you need a chat. Xx hugs sent your way love Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 10:00

Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you at the moment. I hope things get back on track soon for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 10:21

Big hugs Catstina >Big Grin< Sounds like a very hard weekend you've had.

Things work in mysterious ways sometimes, which puts things out of our control.

Hope things satrt to get better soon, and everything goes well for you at the lady doc.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Aug 22 2011, 10:50

Chin up catstina look forward to better news im sure there will be some soon Smile sorry to hear about your sister in law thats a shame Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 12:56

>Big Grin<

hope things get better for you, its better to get things off your chest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 21:35

Thank you all for your comments and concerns. My doctors visit did nothing but make me more upset and nervous. The woman said that I either have a disease that will threaten my 3.5 year relationship or... something else. She gave me no other options. I get my test results on Friday then I have an other appointment next Tuesday to discuss said results. I hope to Dog that they are negative. I know that they will be, because there is literally no way that they could be positive. But there is always that small amount of doubt and it is eating my brain.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 22 2011, 21:44

I'm only making an educated guess, but if you say they won't come back positive, then they won't, there isn't a possiable way they could. I could be barking up the wrong tree, but you know in your mind, its not possiable.

Time out, even if its infuriating to you. There is nothing that can stop any doubt until you have the results. So be strong.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 23:43

big hugs hope your feeling all better soon xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 00:46

sound like an awful few days catstina. I really hope you are ok, stay strong, let saxon cheer you up when he tries to Smile. big hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 00:52

Cat, I wish I could lean through the computer and give you a big hug right now >Big Grin< As hard as it may be, try not to let it eat away at your thoughts. Try to keep yuourself occupied which will hopefully get your mind on other things.

I'm sure everything will come back with the results you are after.

"Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but does'nt get you anywhere"

Chin up Gorgeous girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 02:51

I know I should remain calm. I always react badly to information like this, which is why I try to avoid WebMD. But today, I checked my symptoms on WebMD and the diseases they gave me were less scary then the ones the doctor gave me. The boyfriend and I have decided that we will be ok no matter what the test says, though we are both positive that it will be negative.* I am definitely going to call them tomorrow and tell them how terrible I felt leaving the office, though. I think that doctors need to be a lot more sensitive to their patient's feelings when they talk to them. So many doctors think of everything in a clinical and fact based way and don't even consider how scary it may be for their patients. Any way, thank you both. I am now calmer and I will be ok.

*There was a sign that the test will be Negative. We went to a Tea House that we haven't been to since before I went to Finland. Last time we were there we played a game called Bananagrams, it's like a free-form Scrabble. Our waitress came to our table today and said, "Oh, did you used to come here all the time and play bananagrams?" Turns out we left a letter tile last time we were there, 4 months ago. She gave it back to us. It was the letter "N."

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Aug 23 2011, 03:06

Like all things, this too shall pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y3jmE87SoE&feature=related

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 10:28

Oh you poor thing, I didn't realise you were having such an awful time of it.
Try to stay positive in your mind and make sure you get plenty of rest.
Such sad news for your boyfriends sister, hope they are dealing with it ok.
As has already been said, were here for you if you need.
I'm sure Saxon will notice if you are upset. Mine always do and are even more sooky around me.
Be strong, big hugs xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 14:34

I just called and talked to a very nice woman about my experiences. She apologized on behalf of the doctor and said that the supervisor would have a discussion with the doctor about why her behavior was inappropriate. I feel better. I just think she is so used to talking to people who aren't in real relationships that she didn't even think about how her words would effect me. Thanks all!! I am calm... for now.

I had a couple of photo shoots with the pets and I'm sorting through the pictures, look forward to a photodump in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Aug 23 2011, 15:20

Sometimes it really helps to out your grievences, pleased to hear your feeling better, for now anyway Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 15:23

Photodump......as in sharing with us ????????????? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'll also look forward to that Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 03:38

There is a company outing tomorrow and I'm very excited for it! The store is closed and every person who works there, at the warehouse and in corporate office will be there. We are going to build a house for Habitat for Humanity in the morning then having a picnic and all sorts of other fun stuff later. It's going to be a fun time!

Unfortunately, I'll probably be thinking about my test results the whole time. I'm still trying to decide if I should call them while I'm there or if I should wait until Monday to find out the results. I really don't want to add two more days to my agony, but I don't want to get a bad result in the middle of the company outing. Since I know it will be negative, though, I guess it would be best to just call to get it out of the way. So I can move on to finding out what is really going on.

Blerg, this sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:27

hope you get good news on your results

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26 2011, 22:38

Yay! Called in for my results and they are negative!! Woot!!

This also makes me angry, though, because the doctor delayed finding out what is really wrong with me because she was so certain the results would be positive. So I still have no diagnosis.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 26 2011, 22:48

Thats great, have a look through the posts, we've all been thinking of you Xx At least it wasn't what was predicted. I had blood tests last week, came back clear too, not the first time either. Life has its ways. Just be pleased that it is clear and you where right. I don't know what symptoms you have, but you'll find out in due course (or not in my case!)

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Fri Aug 26 2011, 23:02

"Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but does'nt get you anywhere" == Absolutly love that <

Doctors suck! glad you hear what you wanted to!! looking forwrd to the photodump!!

Big hugs from me and the poochs xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bad Weekend Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Aug 26 2011, 23:37

So pleased its negative Big Grin I had lady problems when I was 20 but mine was not so easy to get rid of but I went on to have 2 children and im fine now Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 02:25

That's good to hear Gem! Hopefully it's nothing to serious for me either. I'm just glad it wasn't what that doctor thought it was!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down