I think i nearly lost Blondy

2 posters

Go down

I think i nearly lost Blondy Empty I think i nearly lost Blondy

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:23

I walking down the line about half hour ago and these five drunks were walking past and they stopped me asking me about the dogs one guy was saying how sad it was about staffys having bad names etc and one of them really wanted Blondy and offered me £20 for her i said no she's my baby and then he went upto £50 and then £70 i said no again and he started getting pushy and when blondy went towards him he was petting her and he was fiddling with her harness so i pulled her back then he started slagging women/me off saying how they wanna make up their minds and how useless they were, then one of the other more sobber ones moved him along
could still hear him as i walking away, him shouting i want that f%&*$ing dog and mouthing me off.
If it was one possibly two i could of handled it and one of them mad a point of tucking his jumper behind his knife straped to his jeans, Even i realised i was out of my territory with five full grown guys like, why i walked away.
Where was Taz in all this...too busy licking them all to death...
I'm not sure whether it scared me or just pee'd me off and really frustrated me cause i was out numbered and knew i couldn't of done anything that would of mattered if his mates wanting Blondy as well.
All i know is, it wont happen again.

Back to top Go down

I think i nearly lost Blondy Empty Re: I think i nearly lost Blondy

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:35

If anyone wants to take the dog let it off the lead and it'll run home 9 times out of 10 and if confronted by 5 men always walk away to safety, pick were you walk carefully always stay were people can see you in well lit area's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:40

Marty wrote:If anyone wants to take the dog let it off the lead and it'll run home 9 times out of 10 and if confronted by 5 men always walk away to safety, pick were you walk carefully always stay were people can see you in well lit area's

my dogs couldn't run home they'd have to cross a very busy road.
Thats the thing I can't stay in a public area its either a main road with no curb or the line/wooded area 21/2 miles long only people and houses in sight is the first and last quarter mile.
I'v been doing it for over a month now and i'v never had a problem I'v bumbed into a few drunks and their harmless enough but these guys angry

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:49

Be careful youre a young girl you need to be safe nail biting
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:56

gem wrote:Be careful youre a young girl you need to be safe nail biting

Too be honest i thought i was safe enough, I look pretty intimidating so everyone says and i'm walking three dogs like...Staffies or not how stupid have you got to be to approach a young woman piercing/dressed in black I'm pretty big as well, fair enough they don't know its muscle, walking three pretty big dogs.
I'v learnt my lesson and just the thought of losing my babies....as i said it won't happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:00

woah!!! freaky!! .. whenever im in a scary situation i loose my temper! lol it always happens! haha.
i always walk mine when its light for this reason, i know i wouldnt stand a chance if some blokes tried to rob my dogs and i was on my own .. so the latest i walk them is 6pm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:28

Weird time table i guess I take my lot out at 12 they go to the toilet almost straight away, then again around 7-8 ish and then again around 12 midnight and i'v always been a nightowl alot more comfortable at night as there aren't many people around and i'm not at all social so the night works well for me.
I have never feared losing my dogs by thugs before because i know i could handle myself, but tonight with there being 5...I guess thats why i am so frustrated right now because i know i couldn't took so many.
and the last couple of nights i have taken my time because there has been an amazing display of owls in the forest i walk. So i am always watching them.

Last edited by MissRogue on Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:31

lol, i do it ensure the safety of my dogs lol .. my area is full of kids/chavs who are always out when it goes dark .. my two are out 3 times a day for good long walks, but like i said i refuse to take them out in the dark (will consider if i have someone with me)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:33

staffy-lover89 wrote:lol, i do it ensure the safety of my dogs lol .. my area is full of kids/chavs who are always out when it goes dark .. my two are out 3 times a day for good long walks, but like i said i refuse to take them out in the dark (will consider if i have someone with me)

no i meant i have a weird routine, not questioning yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:33

lol i know just saying why i do mine that way lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:43

very weird routin i have I can't be up my parents earlier than half 2-3pm or they wont be there. I don't have a cooker here at the flat so i have to go up my parents too cook my food every day. I only eat once a day and thats between 6-7pm then its a three hour walk back home and if i feed my lot any later than 2-3 I'm up until 3-4 in the morning to walk them so then i can't get up in time to make a move early enough upto my parents the following day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:48

Woah! How do you do it! Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:52

staffy-lover89 wrote:Woah! How do you do it! Lol

KEEPING to that routine or i'm done for!!! its throws me off for days if i do break the dogs feeding time and i have to stay up so late to walk them for the last time i will pull an all nighter so i am really tired by the follwoing day so i know if i want sleep i have to stick to the ROUTINE lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:54

well thats a good reason to stick to the routine! lol .. lets hope you dont get no more idiots like that on your walks

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:58

as soon as the atmosphere changed, e.g if the drunks got nasty the dogs should defend you. Henry stands in front of me if me and the other half argue, he knows where his bread is buttered lol. Glad your okay though, pretty scary stuff!! x
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
I think i nearly lost Blondy Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 11:53

thats sounds very scary and intimidating! i don't know if I could have handled that situation well... guess I would probably never be in that situation. I don't think I'd go out at night, not without my OH or someone else with me.

I am a bit of a scaredy cat and will always avoid any situation that makes me uncomfortable, I'd happily turn and walk the other way if I saw a bunch of men ahead and I was on my own!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 14:09

How scary!!

Is pepper spray legal over there? I carry some in my purse because I don't live in the nicest area. When I get nervous about a situation, I pull it out and hold it in my sleeve (the canister is shaped like a pen). I've never had to use it, but I'm always prepared to. Now that I think of it, though, I don't know where it is since I got back from Finland, I didn't take it with me and don't know where I left it. I think I'll buy some more today. I hope I can find the slim pen one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down