Saffie looking for a new forever home

4 posters

Go down

Saffie looking for a new forever home Empty Saffie looking for a new forever home

Post by MrsNicolaP Mon Aug 15 2011, 19:17

Saffie is a beautiful 2 1/2-3year old SBT Cross Bitch.
She is Black/Brown smooth coat with White flash on her chest.
Saffie came into my care as a stray and was never claimed. We decided to look after her until we could find her a new loving, stable, kind and caring home.
She is sweet natured, quiet and calm in the house and loves nothing more than a cuddle on the sofa. She does need alot of exercise and is a bundle of energy on walks. She has a good recall but needs to watched as her terrier instincts can take over when she gets on a nice smell! We are working on this and her training is paying off- this would need to continue in her new home.
She has a range of commands, sit, down, paw, stay etc. She is crate trained and travels well. She is very adaptable and has taken every new experience I have given her in her stride. She loves her squeaky ball and is eager to please, so this is a great reward for her when training. She learns quickly and she responds well to positive training methods. She is a little hand shy but is quickly learning that 'that' doesn't happen in my home and she has learnt to trust me.
She is currently living with 3 other dogs and enjoys their company but would be equally as happy as an only dog lapping up all the attention. I do not know what she would be like around other animals e.g. cats. She has met friends children and has been calm and sweet natured, however, as I am not able to fully assess this as I don't have children, therefore, I think it would be best to home to a family with older children, or where there is an experienced owner.

Saffie needs an experienced owner who will set firm boundaries and stick them. She would love an active home where she is not left for very long during the day- She loves company! She loves people! WARNING: Saffie snores- LOUD! and she loves to cuddle up in bed UNDER the covers!

A home check will be carried out and potential owners will be required to sign a contract of adoption for Saffie which will include a clause to return her to me if things do not work out. She is vaccinated, chipped and has just had her flea/worming treatment. She will be spayed before she is rehomed.

If you think you could make room in your family for this amazing and so very pretty girl please PM me.

Thank you x

(sorry no photo- i don't know how to do it?!)

Last edited by MrsNicolaP on Mon Aug 15 2011, 19:40; edited 1 time in total

MrsNicolaP
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Saffie looking for a new forever home Empty Re: Saffie looking for a new forever home

Post by MrsNicolaP Mon Aug 15 2011, 19:21

Saffie looking for a new forever home Img_0314

MrsNicolaP

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Saffie looking for a new forever home Empty Re: Saffie looking for a new forever home

Post by MrsNicolaP Mon Aug 15 2011, 19:22

Hooray I did it! Its very big! Ooophs! Have loads more pics, please let me know if you would like to see them
x

MrsNicolaP

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsNicolaP Mon Aug 15 2011, 19:24

Saffie looking for a new forever home Img_0315

MrsNicolaP

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 15 2011, 19:41

She is just lovely, if I could rescue another right now I would. Do you work for a dog rescue? Credit to you. x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsNicolaP Tue Aug 16 2011, 09:28

Hi Janey,
No I don't work for a rescue, I'm on my lonesome trying to do my very best for this little girl. I couldn't send her to the pound. I just couldn't do it. I knew she'd do her 7 days and be unlikely to find a place in rescue (based on the information the dog warden was giving me).
We suspect she was abandoned. But, based on how she is, her training etc it is clear to see that someone loved this little girl once.
x

MrsNicolaP

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Aug 16 2011, 09:36

So so sad, I wish you and her all the very best on finding a special forever home, I really admire you and so wish I could help, makes me feel pretty useless, there are far too many dogs out there in this situation. She is lucky to have found you. Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Sat Aug 20 2011, 15:56

Would you like me to create a page on my website for this girl to try and help you find home for her?
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 3

http://www.shelter-helper.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsNicolaP Mon Aug 22 2011, 08:42

That would be brilliant, yes please!
I can send over some information to you if that would be helpful and I've got loads of pictures. I could talk forever about this little girl and not one bad word to say!
If you need information, PM me your email address and I will send the details and pictures.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks so much x

MrsNicolaP

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelter Helper Wed Aug 24 2011, 01:18

I might be wrong but I don't think I am able to pm you. Can't see the option anywhere. Sorry.
Shelter Helper
Shelter Helper

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 3

http://www.shelter-helper.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsNicolaP Wed Aug 24 2011, 12:14

Oh yes, just notied that! Sorry!

Do you want to email me and I'll sned details of her over? my address is nic81online@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

MrsNicolaP

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 16:17

She looks a beautiful girl... my heart breaks for all these gorgeous doggies out there, who through no fault of their own, are homeless.

Really hope she gets her loving forever home soon!

Good on you for trying to help her...

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsNicolaP Wed Aug 31 2011, 19:55

After a random turn of events Saffie's owner has been located after all this time! Her real name is Izzie and she went home back to her Dad this evening.

To reassure everyone, we carried out lots of checks with support from the dog warden.
Her owner cried his heart out when he was reunited with her after believing he would never see her again. I educated him with a firm lecture about chipping, ID tags and neutering! Lets hope he takes my advice.

Thanks so much for all your support. A happy ending.

N x

MrsNicolaP

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:00

What fantastic news, thank you for the update Smile pleasing to hear Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 12:20

wow that is 2 happy ending doggie stories ( the other was Bully )

Wonderful news !! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 14:35

What great news!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 14:45

what great news and well done you for caring and looking after her

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Wed Oct 05 2011, 19:57

that's awesome news but how did he not find her sooner?
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Saffie looking for a new forever home Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 04:41

You know what. One day a few years ago we had Jethro on the back of our ute ( before we got the canopy) and we went to a local fair..We parked under the trees and went to have a quick look, before we came back to get Jethro. Well nearby there was an old machinery display which off course were popping and backfiring.. came back about 20 minutes later and there was Jethro's collar and lead and no Jethro!! Straight away we split up and raced off.. I was asking everybody and anybody had they seen a staffy..Heaps of people had seen him.. but they were all pointing in different directions! I went to the person on the loud speaker and asked them to say it over the microphone that he was very friendly and please grab him..After about 15 minutes, no bull, I was hysterical!! There were some cops and I ran up to them..they must have thought I had been attacked the way I was carrying on.. asking them if they had seen Jethro..I think by then I was crying!! There were thousands of people at this fair! Suddenly through all the people came Tony..with Jethro!! One of the best moments of my life!! You know where he was.. in the food hall!! Sitting under a sign that said No Dogs Allowed.. and a lady was feeding him her sausage roll!! Laughing I don't mind telling you I was the happiest person on the planet at that time! It is the most horrible feeling to lose your pet.. I would have walked heaven and earth to try to find him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down