YAY Taz

Go down

YAY Taz Empty YAY Taz

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 22:41

The last couple of weeks Taz has been fantastic on lead with other dogs he just ignores them and concentrates on me.
Well earlier on he was off lead (usually till i see another dog)
He was in the shrub looking for his tennis ball (which he will always find no matter what)
Anyways I turned around and theres a guy walking his jackrussell I thought cr*$ made sure Taz was still in the shrub, I seen something moving in them but it turned out to be Blondy, Taz had came up behind me without me knowing and he introduced himself to the jacky, I was amazed and so proud, it was a nice introduction, then all of them went to say hi, I could see the little jack was a little uncomfortable with all of them so i called them off and Taz continues to find his ball.
The only problem he has now though is if another dog acts up when were passing it, Taz goes crazy as well as the other dog, but he only reacts if the other dog does first.
(silly question) Should i stop this? after all he is only reacting to the other dogs aggression?

Back to top Go down

YAY Taz Empty Re: YAY Taz

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 23:28

Awwww well done taz!! Smile .. I think its natural for him to react to the other dog's aggression, he's gotta protect himself .. I don't know what coulkd be done to help teach him not too tho' as not had the prob myself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 00:15

Well done, Taz!!

I know when Dempsey has a go, I only correct him if he starts it. If he's just reacting to another dog's aggression, I just hold on to him & try to get his attention. I generally stop & wait till the other person's gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 00:50

When Suki would react to dogs barking all the time we played You Tube videos of barking dogs so she would get used to it and not react all the time. It seems to have helped a little becuasse she won't do it everytime now.

I don't really think you can get them to stop doing it completely though since that is just their nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 10:47

jstaff wrote:When Suki would react to dogs barking all the time we played You Tube videos of barking dogs so she would get used to it and not react all the time. It seems to have helped a little becuasse she won't do it everytime now.

I don't really think you can get them to stop doing it completely though since that is just their nature.

my lot don't pay attention to computer or tele noises etc
the only who does react is Cassie and thats only with puppies thinks because she had them and she is very maternal also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum