found a doggalog

3 posters

Go down

found a doggalog Empty found a doggalog

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 03:34

hi guys! i have been a little out of action the past week as I went over my internet allowance... oops, but its back now so this morning I was on the couch looking at every thing I've missed on the forum when I heard this lady yelling and screaming out the front "go home! GO HOME!" so I went out to see and she was walking her dog and had a beagle following her, she asked if it was mine and I said I'd hold onto it while she left so it didnt follow her and I was gonna take it for a walk to find its home.
I put him in the yard with Russell and they got a long so well! (both intact males, dunno how old the beagle was, but he was young) it was really cute.

any way I saw a lady wandering around out the front so asked if she's lost her dog and she had, gave him back and she acted all weird as if I was trying to steal him, I said I was just about to go for a walk to see if i could find where he lived... she said something I already knew about Beagle's getting a scent on something and just taking off and she left without saying thank you. Hmmph! I feel a little under appreciated, I know there are some aggressive dogs in houses around this neighborhood and I potentially saved him from them, I would hope she'd do the same if she found Russell out and about. Rolling Eyes people these days!

any way, in the 15 minutes that all of this happened i managed to take a few pics on my phone hehe!

found a doggalog 2011-08-13121036

found a doggalog 2011-08-13121014

found a doggalog 2011-08-13121008

Back to top Go down

found a doggalog Empty Re: found a doggalog

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:21

I was surprised to see the Beagle was bigger than Russel. Good job picking him up so he was safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:34

Cute!Thank you for keeping him safe until his irresponsible ungrateful owner arrived!

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:46

cute dog! Smile he's lucky you were there to help him!
but shame about the owner.... maybe she was so scared that someone wanted to steal her dog that she just couldn't trust anyone... still, not nice. i hope that when she gets back home and calms down she will realise what you've done for her

spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
found a doggalog Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 10:15

jstaff wrote:I was surprised to see the Beagle was bigger than Russel. Good job picking him up so he was safe.

yeah I thought Beagles were shorter than that! But later went to the dog park and there was one there too which was also larger.
Russell's still so little, I would have thought at almost six months he would have bulked out a bit more.

BTW the Beagle's name was Frank. he he Frank and Russell, best buds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 11:33

wow! what a very appreciative owner! :-| not!! eugh! ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sat Aug 13 2011, 11:43

Beagles have a reputation for being escape artists so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he 'visits' you and Russell again. Lets hope his owner remembers her manners next time.

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Aug 13 2011, 12:21

I love beagles! They really know how to have a good time. I really want a puggle (beagle x pug) >.<
Good on you for grabbing the dog. Shame how some people are so ungrateful.
About 6 weeks ago i found a collie that i knew wandering around the park at 5am so i took her home. (i knew her owner from sight an old irish lady)
She was an adorable dog and i wished i could keep her but i knew the old lady would be heart broken so i put up a sign in the vets and the next day her son came and collected her.
I saw her recently from afar in the park and called 'excuse me, is that jess(the collie)'
She gave me a dirty look and tugged the dog to her and walked away very fast. I don't know what was up with people yesterday, they all seemed to think i was a mugger. o_O
I shouted this three more times, as polite as you can while shouting and she just ignored me so i ran up to her.
I told her i was the one that had found jess and she just looked at me like i was mad and was like 'okay dear.'
Theres gratitude for you! angry
By the way, you can have 'short legged' beagles that were used for tracking and also 'long legged' beagles that were used to follow the hounds. Romeos first 'girlfriend' was a fat little short pudding of a beagle. I absolutely love her, but i wish her owners wouldn't over feed her so much, poor girl is turning into a marshmellow. I've also seen the longer legged ones too.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Aug 13 2011, 12:27

Also about Russell bulking up, hes looking great for six months! My dog didn't start filling out till about eight months. I haven't realised how big hes got till i met a staffy female the same age and colour ( and she was kc reg) in the park. His head and muscle were much bulkier and he just looked so much more 'doggy' compared to her. Which is how it should be.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 18:17

CatStina wrote:Cute!Thank you for keeping him safe until his irresponsible ungrateful owner arrived!

Such cute pics though......my girl has a soft-spot for Beagles, loves to play with them at the dog park.

Good on you for doing the right thing even though it seemed to go un-noticed and un-appreciated ny the owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 01:24

meh don't really care about the owner, more the dog! I'd do it again, just wont expect a thanks next time, leave it as a bonus! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down