Argggh!

Go down

Argggh! Empty Argggh!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 21:24

Cassie's in season AGAIN! every six months by the looks of it.
I can't say i care but the other dogs thing is really peeing me off, she doesn't come off lead on our walks but no one is listening to me when i tell them she is in season and they still allow their males near her wtf
four terriers and one colliex a labrador and a huge staffy in the last two days,their trying to jump on her, i don't want to have to kick them off but all my hands are used up.
only one owner listened to me she had a poodle and obviousely understood.
One terrier got too close and Taz stepped in, didn't go for him just stuck his nose so far up the others dogs backside, the poor terrier got lifted off the floor.
my allotments is the only place she can be let off lead but she refuses to be active and get rid of that energy she just sits by the gate whinning.
Taz isn't trying to hump her yet so i don't think she is at the accepting stage yet, but its still possible for her to get pregnant.

Back to top Go down

Argggh! Empty Re: Argggh!

Post by Steve Thu Aug 11 2011, 21:26

you should keep her in till she come off season Tongues

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 21:27

Steve wrote:you should keep her in till she come off season Tongues

This is a seriouse question here Steve but how is that possible???

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Aug 11 2011, 21:29

i never had a problem with my xena but i just had one dog then, but i was always told by my dad not to take female out when they was on season.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 21:37

Steve wrote:i never had a problem with my xena but i just had one dog then, but i was always told by my dad not to take female out when they was on season.

Three dogs = alot of energy which needs to be burned, I'm out from 12pm too 930 to 10pm, would that really be far on Cassie and the other two?
I understand what your saying simple really if i don't want hassle don't get into that situation but two weeks of no walks, what about toilet breaks am i supposed to force her to back track and allow her to go in the flat?
she wont be able to release energy inside, I'm not supposed to have dogs here.
I'm finally starting to see a no dog aggressive Taz, not once since these long walks has he started a fight....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 23:12

Every 6 months is about the average, really. It's 3 weeks, really, start to finish.

I agree you can't keep her in the whole time, but you're gonna have real problems by day 10-15 when she becomes receptive. Somehow you may have to change your routine for a while.

I can't remember, were you going to get Cassie spayed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 00:52

Caryll wrote:Every 6 months is about the average, really. It's 3 weeks, really, start to finish.

I agree you can't keep her in the whole time, but you're gonna have real problems by day 10-15 when she becomes receptive. Somehow you may have to change your routine for a while.

I can't remember, were you going to get Cassie spayed?

I know i am going to have to do soemthing when she is receptive but how, i do not know and yes i was planning on getting her spayed but then the moving thing came up and all my plans went down the crapper.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 08:58

Isn't it always the way! I know there's an injection that can prevent a season, but I don't think you can stop one once it's started.

You could try rubbing vick around her lady bits - I'm told that disguises the smell quite a bit. Worth a try! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum