a good book

3 posters

Go down

a good book Empty a good book

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 04:38

can anyone reccommend a good book about owning staffys?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-Owners-Guide-Alison-S-/320718732475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4aac537cbb

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Guide-Owning-Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-Puppy-Car-/130537170067?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item1e649f2493

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Complete-Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-Danny-/130507789870?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item1e62ded62e

I have found these on ebay but I know that anyone can get a book published even if all the facts aren't right, so I'd like to find one with reccommendations. thanks!

Back to top Go down

a good book Empty Re: a good book

Post by Summerisle Mon Jul 18 2011, 07:00

That Danny Gilmour one is good, I read it years ago. Right now I'm reading one called Celebrating Staffordshire Bull Terriers by Steve Stone. You can get it directly from the publisher, will get the name when I get home if you're interested. It's once of the best dogs books I've read of any breed. You also get a CD Rom that has the history of the breed in Australia aswell as other countries and alot more stuff. I highly recommend this book.
Summerisle
Summerisle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jul 18 2011, 09:35

Summerisle wrote: I'm reading one called Celebrating Staffordshire Bull Terriers by Steve Stone. You can get it directly from the publisher, will get the name when I get home if you're interested. It's once of the best dogs books I've read of any breed. You also get a CD Rom that has the history of the breed in Australia aswell as other countries and alot more stuff. I highly recommend this book.

thumbs up
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 12:04

Summerisle wrote:That Danny Gilmour one is good, I read it years ago. Right now I'm reading one called Celebrating Staffordshire Bull Terriers by Steve Stone. You can get it directly from the publisher, will get the name when I get home if you're interested. It's once of the best dogs books I've read of any breed. You also get a CD Rom that has the history of the breed in Australia aswell as other countries and alot more stuff. I highly recommend this book.

Great book - Steve Stone really knew staffords.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 14:04

I saw that one on Ebay too! I think I will look into it! thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 03:04

Summerisle wrote:That Danny Gilmour one is good, I read it years ago. Right now I'm reading one called Celebrating Staffordshire Bull Terriers by Steve Stone. You can get it directly from the publisher, will get the name when I get home if you're interested. It's once of the best dogs books I've read of any breed. You also get a CD Rom that has the history of the breed in Australia aswell as other countries and alot more stuff. I highly recommend this book.

I thought i saw this on ebay but turns out I didnt, so google it and found the publisher website... now its on its way! Big Grin
I read a review on the steve stone book and it said the only bad thing about this book is it is ruining it for future books on staffys because its the only book on staffys you will ever need! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Tue Jul 19 2011, 11:57

russdogmum wrote:

I thought i saw this on ebay but turns out I didnt, so google it and found the publisher website... now its on its way! Big Grin
I read a review on the steve stone book and it said the only bad thing about this book is it is ruining it for future books on staffys because its the only book on staffys you will ever need! haha

They had it for sale at the Queensland Stafford club but it worked out $10 cheaper from the publisher in the UK.

You'll enjoy the book, it really is an excellent read and reference. And with the CD you pretty much get 2 books.
Summerisle
Summerisle

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 12:00

russdogmum wrote:

My review might've been on there, too! I'd had a fair bit of email correspondence with him over about 2 or 3 years & he emailed me some while ago & asked if I'd enjoyed the books & would I do a review? Of course I said I'd love to & it started to appear on reviews all over the place!

He was a really lovely man - friendly, helpful & always happy to give his advice & views without any big headedness - a great loss to the stafford world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 12:40

Big Grin thats cool!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 16:54

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celebrating-Staffordshire-Terriers-Steve-Stone/dp/0955225124/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311090771&sr=1-1

Back to top Go down

Post by buster2011 Tue Jul 19 2011, 16:57

have sec on list and its a good basic book
buster2011
buster2011
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
a good book Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 23:04

This is a really nice book as well. It's by the late Alec Waters, a well known breeder & judge of staffs. He helped me a lot when we first started to show Bandit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-Best-Breed/dp/1906305196

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 23:17

Summerisle wrote:That Danny Gilmour one is good, I read it years ago. Right now I'm reading one called Celebrating Staffordshire Bull Terriers by Steve Stone. You can get it directly from the publisher,

http://www.pynotpublishing.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 12:35

I ordered this book a month ago and still haven't recieved it Sad I hope I get it soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down