Hicups and spayeding

5 posters

Go down

Hicups and spayeding Empty Hicups and spayeding

Post by i love leah and lois Wed Jul 13 2011, 21:13

HI everyone

Milly is 13 weeks old this friday the 17th july we have noticed she has hiccups up to 3 times a day sometimes its When she has eaten sometimes not. have anyone else noticed this in your dogs. Also we are wanting to have milly spayed at 6 months i have been imformed by other dog owners that i should be letting her have a season first .This Is impossible as we have a male dog as well.Any information would be appreciated Smile
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Hicups and spayeding Empty Re: Hicups and spayeding

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 21:45

Most people on here know my views on early spaying. I think that a bitch should have at least one season, preferably two.

If you already had a male and was nor prepared for a female's season, why did you get a bitch? I'm nor particularly criticizing, just wondered if you'd put much thought into it, as now you're asking advice?

Unfortunately, unless you can definitely keep your two apart, I don't see that you have much choice in the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 21:52

hiccups are very common so don't worry about, If you don't wish to have her spayed you could always get your male done.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 13 2011, 22:13

My first was done before her first season without any probs and so was Moo supposed to be!

Be carefull because she may well come into season before 6 months and as you already have a male you don't want an accidental litter. If your doing it for that reason then its better to do it now rather than wait 6 months.

If you want to wait, get your boy done, I think its more simple. The choice is really yours Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 22:17

I'd agree with Janey to an extent. The only thing I'd really disagree on is getting your bitch spayed now. 13 weeks is way too young!

Getting your male castrated is a simpler, less invasive operation.

Back to top Go down

Post by kris82 Wed Jul 13 2011, 22:34

hi coco is 11weeks and also sufferes from the hiccups. i wouldnt worry about it to much as long as if she doesnt seem affected. Smile
I have also heard that its best to let a bitch to have her first season as its safer for them. all i can say is could u find someone to have either of your dogs while she is in season as even getting your male done,wont stop his distress as i found with my rotti when my dax was in season.
i know of a person in birmingham who takes dogs if it helps also she helps with training and canine behaivour.
http://dolittles-dogs.yolasite.com/ Big Grin
kris82
kris82
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : coco
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by giblet Thu Jul 14 2011, 12:32

getting your male done is alot easyer than your bitch and should be cheeper aswell thay seem to recover quicker also
giblet
giblet
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Hicups and spayeding Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : harley
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 16:22

I dont think there is anything wrong at all with getting your bitch spayed at 6 months but like janey says what if she comes into season before then?! I wouldnt take the chance of pups and get your male done now! Then u have a bit of time to decided when to get your bitch spayed without the worry of her getting caught x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 16:54

Winston our 16 week old puppy always gets the hiccups!! And more than 3 times a day as well! It is nothing to worry about.. they all get them when they are young.

If you get your male desexed it is not only a simpler operation than a female.. but it is also cheaper !! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Thu Jul 14 2011, 18:41

Caryll wrote:Most people on here know my views on early spaying. I think that a bitch should have at least one season, preferably two.

If you already had a male and was nor prepared for a female's season, why did you get a bitch? I'm nor particularly criticizing, just wondered if you'd put much thought into it, as now you're asking advice?

Unfortunately, unless you can definitely keep your two apart, I don't see that you have much choice in the matter.

People have different circumstance and how they aquire dogs may not alway follow the this is how you do it route.

Our male dog is 14 Years old and no way is he going through that i doubt he would pull through. I have 3 dogs 2 Bitches a Jack Russell and Milly our Staffy and the Male dog.

The Jack Russell was given to us after its previous owners marriage broke down and she was on her way to a dogs shelter no way was i going to see her there.

We can only take bitches as the 14 Year old Male does not get on with other male dogs fights all the time, this is not the case with bitches he plays with our pup all day long and never tires of it. We choose to get the Female Staffy to stop it getting in to the wrong hands and im so sorry if you dont agree with spayding i consider it the reaponsible thing to do, i dont agree with breeding Staffies till they drop ethier, far too many unwanted Staffies and cross breed staffies as it is.

Take a look at the RSPCA's dog pounds you see how many are unwanted .

Thanks to all of you that gave unbiased answers as always very helpful.

i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Thu Jul 14 2011, 18:44

Caryll wrote:I'd agree with Janey to an extent. The only thing I'd really disagree on is getting your bitch spayed now. 13 weeks is way too young!

Getting your male castrated is a simpler, less invasive operation.

The spayding can not be done while our pup hits 6 month our vet tells us, she wont be done at 13 weeks Cool
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 20:38

Hiccups are very common! Vinnie still has em' on occasion and his 11months .. Skye has them randomly every now and then lol.
Skye is been spayed at 6months old, if she comes into season before this then she will be spayed after I don't want to risk an accidental litter with there been so many dogs locally etc etc my male is castrated tho' so if she does come into season before spaying its not too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jul 14 2011, 22:58

For me as you are obviously giving needy dogs a good home then spaying her at 6 months will not harm her, just better to let her mature first. Smile Sometimes its better to do these things for the health of your pack and you are doing that so good luck im sure she will be fine
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15 2011, 08:28

i love leah and lois wrote:
Caryll wrote:Most people on here know my views on early spaying. I think that a bitch should have at least one season, preferably two.

Our male dog is 14 Years old and no way is he going through that i doubt he would pull through. I have 3 dogs 2 Bitches a Jack Russell and Milly our Staffy and the Male dog.

In that case i would keep a close eye for signs that milly is coming into season and get her done at 6 months. I work sometimes at a rescue centre and they ALWAYS de sex any dog who comes in at 6 months and to be honest regardless of others opinions we have never had anyone say of any negative effects. My Ty was done at 6 months and Kaos at 7 month and they are fine so i wouldnt worry. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum