Mood change before going into season

3 posters

Go down

Mood change before going into season Empty Mood change before going into season

Post by lunathestaffy Wed Aug 19 2020, 07:34

So Luna is acting bit off last 3 or 4 days. She’s kind of just lying around constantly looking for love. She’s also usually very happy to see her dog friend Harvey but yesterday she was very snappy and controlling with him. Also whenever she meets a new dog on the street she’s usually really happy and just wants to sniff them excitedly but yesterday evening when she met a male dog on her walk she was barking and pouncing at them, kind of in the same way as she gets after playing for a while when she gets a bit too excited and bold. Other than that she’s fine eating normally etc so I don’t think it’s a health issue.

Her first season was mid March which is why I’m wondering if she’s acting off as she’s getting it again? Her “lady parts” still loook the same not swollen or anything which is just why I’m not sure, she’s only had her season once so I’m not too sure when the mood swings start and if that’s it or something else 😬😬

lunathestaffy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 23

Back to top Go down

Mood change before going into season Empty Re: Mood change before going into season

Post by gillybrent Wed Aug 19 2020, 07:57

It could be her season on the way; some bitches come in to season every 5 months instead of 6 (every 6 months is just an approximation).

It could also be the weather. I don't know what it's like where you are, but it's very humid & stormy here.

She may be in mild discomfort from something, i don't suppose you have a thermometer handy to take her temperature?

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Mood change before going into season Empty Re: Mood change before going into season

Post by lunathestaffy Wed Aug 19 2020, 12:20

So would she get a mood change before her season or should her mood not change until she actually gets it??

I’m in Ireland, it was really humid last week or so but it was raining and bit breezy yesterday when she was so moody with other dogs. It’s not like she was telling them to go away because she wanted to be chased by them but she was being very controlling in a rude way towards them when usually she’s nice and playful until she gets way too excited.

I have a thermometer but only a human one, I am going to pick up one with a flexible tip for her after work today.. really don’t like the idea of checking her temperature tho hope she takes it well.. she hates having anything done to her, even when you just clean her ears or cut nails she puts in a face like she’s being beaten or something,she’s very dramatic when she gets hurt too 🙄🙄

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Wed Aug 19 2020, 12:54

We have an "ear temperature" thermometer for cats and dogs at home. Easy to use, works well.
Maybe ask your pharmacist if they don't eventually have one, or equivalent ?

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Mood change before going into season B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Wed Aug 19 2020, 13:39

I use the Pet Temp PT-300 Ear Thermometer Wink

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Wed Aug 19 2020, 17:36

lunathestaffy wrote:So would she get a mood change before her season or should her mood not change until she actually gets it??

Yes, more than possible. Bitches generally get even friendlier once their season starts - although until they're 'ready' to accept a male, they'll flirt & then chase them away!

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Aug 22 2020, 20:27

Yes I got an ear thermometer instead her temperature is normal though. Got her female pants anyway incase it’s coming 😂

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Aug 22 2020, 20:43

Good to know temperature is fine

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down