Coming back to work after the lockdown

4 posters

Go down

Coming back to work after the lockdown Empty Coming back to work after the lockdown

Post by lunathestaffy Tue May 19 2020, 08:21

So I’m finally going to be going back to work next week, we don’t have a set date yet but we’re told to expect to be in for training start of next week. I’m happy to go back to work but don’t know how Luna will feel about it.

I’ve been off work due to the lockdown since 23rd of March, but it was my birthday 20th March so I had week holiday starting 15th March. So I’ve basically been home since 😂 needless to say she’s been by my side all day everyday over it so not sure how she’s gonna take being alone again..

Now my work hours will not be the same they will be way shorter as we’ve been told that store opening hours will change and it will affect our hours for now so I guess she would be home on her own for at least 5ish hours 4-5 days a week again.

What can I do so it’s not such a big shock to her? Or will she be okay since that’s the way it always was before the lockdown? She’s not overly energetic throughout the day and spends around 5-6hours a day on her own lying at the back door. Her favorite fluffy bed is against the door so she likes to observe. So maybe if I just took her for half hour walk before going to work she’ll just sleep through it..

lunathestaffy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 23

Back to top Go down

Coming back to work after the lockdown Empty Re: Coming back to work after the lockdown

Post by Nifty staffy Tue May 19 2020, 17:49

You really need one of these to keep your mind at rest  Big Grin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Furbo-Dog-Camera-2-Way-Audio-Compatible/dp/B01FXC7JWQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Furbo&qid=1589906712&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNzZQNEo3N1JQSUlSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTU2MjU5MUJaRlg0WU01T1pRVSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODA3NjcwM0dPVjU3SzdHTzQ0RiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I’m sure everything will be fine.
What do you do when you are leaving the house ?
My girls know they go into their play pens and they get a biscuit before I leave. I spy on them during the day and they’re almost always sleeping.
It’s a whole other story when we get home Laughing

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Coming back to work after the lockdown B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Coming back to work after the lockdown Empty Re: Coming back to work after the lockdown

Post by Jenc Tue May 19 2020, 20:42

I think our babies will be glad when we go back to work & stop disturbing their peace & quiet Laughing Katy's not getting nearly enough naps whilst we are home!
I'm sure she will be fine when you go back, just do your routine from before the lockdown & she will adjust back to her routine Smile

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Thu May 21 2020, 12:26

That’s great, definitely going to look into getting something similar!!

Bit afraid to let her roam the house when we’re away because she can be destructive when she thinks no one is watching. Her new thing is getting up on top of the kitchen table when we’re in the living room, she doesn’t realise that I can hear when she jumps up onto the chair to get up 🙄

Her crate is in the downstairs hall, which is just small area with doors really,nothing to damage here as there is no carpet. Hasn’t started chewing doors or anything yet so we’re good here for now 😂 it’s not exactly a space in which she can run and play when I’m not home but it’s enough space to walk around,play with a toy a bit and have her water. Although I don’t really like leaving her with toys, I used to try when she was younger but she would just completely destroy them-never does this when we’re home. She mostly just gets like a knotted rope and tennis ball but that’s it when we’re not home..

Maybe she will be glad to have me out of the house 😂

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Thu May 21 2020, 15:28

I always had my girls in playpen when I'm out because I didn’t want them roaming the house destroying things or getting into trouble/danger !
They have their crate (open door), big cushion and water. They don’t need toys and I’d be too concerned about them choking or the such.
Cue open play pens when we’re at home so free to roam with minimal supervision Wink

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by KITA90 Wed Jun 03 2020, 16:58

@Luna, how are you finding being back at work? Is Luna behaving herself?
KITA90
KITA90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Shéara & Mollie
Dog(s) Ages : Sheara 9, Mollie 8
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Jun 06 2020, 12:25

I think she is adapting okay, we’re only open 10am-6pm for now so i get up at 7with her and take her for a long walk then cuddle her and spend some time with her before I have to go. My partner gets back between 2-4pm so he takes her for a walk when he is back aswell.

She doesn’t seem too down or anything and she never has to stay alone for more than 5-6hr max but I do try to tire her out and give her lots of love before I leave so I’m hoping she’s just tired by the time I go anyway.

She does get moody in the evening though if we’re not paying attention to her Laughing she’ll just start zooming around us barking at us and doing her weird whine talk Laughing it’s just that when we’re back home all attention must be on her Rolling Eyes

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down