Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do

4 posters

Go down

Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do Empty Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do

Post by lunathestaffy Fri Mar 27 2020, 23:25

So about half an hour ago I noticed she had something on her lip,thought it was just dirt or something she chewed up... turns out her lip is cut, it appears to me that it was done by her own tooth? The top long tooth on her right side,where it meets the lip on the bottom the cut is just in the perfect position to be done by that tooth... now I don’t know when or how it happened but she definitely did not have it earlier on today as I was playing with her a lot in the afternoon and I would have seen it on her then so it happened in the last 3ish hours. I have bottled water in fridge so used that to lean the cut with cotton pads and there was a small bit of blood but not fresh. I don’t know weather to bring her to the vets now or what to do? Over the situation now we are in lockdown and would really prefer not to go to the vets if it could be avoided... it isn’t bleeding anymore, she seems upset tho she’s just lying down... but it is half 11pm so she could be just tired.... I’m sorry for the post I’m just panicking a bit

lunathestaffy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 23

Back to top Go down

Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do Empty Re: Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 07:44

I would say to keep an eye on it but it should be ok.
You can call your vet but there’s a high risk of being turned away for a problem that is not priority/life threatening.
She probably knocked her lip against the tooth.
And as it’s late when you post your message, she sounds exhausted from playing with you.

Do let us know how she gets on.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do Empty Re: Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 10:45

How is Luna’s lip today ?

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 11:28

She doesn’t really want me going at it At all she keeps gently pulling her head away and looking at me with those big brown sad eyes 👀 I got a cup with cold bottled water and she seemed to like when I was cleaning it with that, the cold probably numbed it a bit? It was clean when I was cleaning it though, I got a cotton ear bud soaked to try to clean the line of the cut and it came out clear, like there doesn’t seem to be any blood or discharge coming out of it so I guess that is good? I am just worried about what to do so she doesn’t get an infection.. it’s really sunny so she want to be lying out the back but is it okay? She’s a bit upset today too, usually when I’m making breakfast she’s jumping around trying to beg for some but today she’s just lying down patiently waiting... she’s still being her charming self coming over trying get rubs and stuff but like usually it’s Luna x300 today it’s like x100 only if that makes sense 😂

Last edited by lunathestaffy on Sat Mar 28 2020, 13:48; edited 1 time in total

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 12:18

Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do 5f390910
Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do Cce0c410

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 12:21

This is her now she’s just lying down all morning 😞 she’s also in her first heat tho she got it on 16th of March that’s why her bed sheets looks dirty, I’ve to wash them today again 😬 is there anything I can do to help her if she’s in pain?? Or am I just totally over reacting at this stage 😬

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 13:53

Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do 602fd810
Luna bit her lip and I’m not sure what to do E5449410
Managed to get a picture of it while cleaning it after she ate... the dried up blood around it is cleared off now she’s a good girl and let me clean it all out for good 10 mins

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sat Mar 28 2020, 14:27

It looks clean enough. Did you add salt to the cleaning water? Salt is a natural anti biotic & although it may sting for a second or two, it will help to soothe any pain/discomfort.

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 14:42

Yes I did last night when I first noticed it but then read online that salt is very bad for dogs so had mixed feelings about it afterwards,she’s trying to lick whatever I’m cleaning her with but she is being good she’s letting me clean it and go at it. I cleaned it after she had her breakfast and she’s been pretty much sleeping ever since, she got up to go to the garden and dug in the ground for a few minutes then came in so I cleaned her mouth again.. just hope I’m doing enough, she’s just sleeping in the sun all morning she’s a very baby like dog when something happens to her she really whimpers about it, she got her first heat almost 2 weeks ago and she was shattered when she got it 😂

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 14:54

Luna is very pretty Love Struck

If she’s being unusually calm, it could just be down to her being in season. They are often very clingy and lethargic during that time.

I agree that the wound looks very clean so you must be doing the right thing. Salt in the water was what we used for the horses years ago. The quantity that you’re using will not be a problem if Luna does lick a bit.

Keep an eye on it but I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat Mar 28 2020, 19:48

The wound looks fine, healing nicely. I think the fact she's in season explains her behaviour Love Struck

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by lunathestaffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 19:56

Great makes me feel way more at ease I think I just panicked because we never had any accidents like this happen to her yet since we got her so I just kept doubting that enough was being done.

I never owned a female dog so wasn’t sure if being in season should change her behavior much, she has been way more sleepy and vocal last few days but still ran around playing but today she’s just asleep all day even when she went into the garden she just played for a second then decided to sunbathe instead, just very unlike her so I got paranoid that she could be in a lot of pain or something..

I’m sorry I worry way too much 😂

lunathestaffy

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Mar 28 2020, 22:05

That definitely sounds like typical in-season behaviour Wink

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down