Life saver appeal

4 posters

Go down

Life saver appeal Empty Life saver appeal

Post by Rupertdog Sat May 18 2019, 15:46

URGENT REQUEST
Does anyone know any dog lovers who may take on a project dog?

Due to an traumatic up bringing at some point in his life, this dog has 'other dog issues' and also, it has recently come to light, that he also can not be homed somewhere where family life is to excitable, as he has recently been startled on two separate occasions in his new home and has, as a defence, bitten the owner and also the older son.

This poor dog has been moved from pillar to post due to being homed in the wrong environments and with people who's lifestyles and temperaments where just not right for him.

He ideally needs a mature single man or women, or a couple with lots of dog experience - preferably Staffie experience and a keen understanding of what these dogs need, especially those having suffered past trauma .

Again ideally, they would have space at their home where he could retreat to, or be put somewhere should the need arise when he would need to feel safe and secure.

Its a very sad story for this great little dog, as I know first hand what an amazing, fun loving character he is. My father got him from a dogs home last year in order to replace our last Staffie who sadly passed away. Unfortunately due to the dogs behaviour requirements and my dads age (80) he was to much and had to be returned to the home. This has been his fate now several times due to incorrect ownership for him.

I would gladly take him myself having bonded with him and having spent many an adventure with him in the great outdoors which he loves. Regrettably I neither live in an environment or work the hours that can fairly accommodate him.

He would make an excellent dog from the right person who understands the required level of care that this dog needs.

For the right person/s, he will gives them years of love and affection and a desire to please.

The reason for this post is that I learnt last night that the reality for this dog is that his life currently hangs in the balance.

Due to his specific needs it makes dogs like him considerably harder to home. And although dogs homes are amazing facilities and all those that work there are saints, the reality is for the dogs, especially the sensitive and already traumatised ones, they can be horrific environments. Essentially for those like this dog who return several times, their mental and physical health deteriorates terribly over time.

The other very real option being considered as I write this, is euthanasia. To end his life. Hes only 6.

Its a catch 22.

Bring him back and hope someone right finds him before he becomes so traumatised he really will be unable to homed.

Or to put him to sleep, which also seems a extremely sad reality for such a young healthy dog.

My hands may be tied to personally take him, but my mouth is not.

I want to know I have done everything I can to explore every avenue to avoid what may become the sad inevitable.

So please rack your brains and PM me if you know anyone who may fit this criteria.

Again to reiterate - this is a specific case for a special type of owner. With all the best will in the world, the wrong owner, even with the right heart will still not serve themselves or this amazing dog.

So please search your memory banks, repost etc - the rule of '5 degrees of separation,' may just give this dog another chance for happiness.

Thankyou.

Rupertdog
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Life saver appeal Empty Re: Life saver appeal

Post by gillybrent Sat May 18 2019, 18:46

Oh, wow.  Welcome, obviously. 

Are you in the UK?

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat May 18 2019, 19:55

I wish I could help but I have a dog reactive girl at home Sad I hope a home is found really soon Love Struck

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Life saver appeal B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Life saver appeal Empty Re urgent request

Post by Kazarazza Sat Jun 01 2019, 19:14

Hi ,hope you’ve somewhere for him ,having a rescue staffie myself I understand how much work is involved,My little bundle of fun was starved and then beat by two separate owners in a year and a half ,but we’ve had him 6 years now and after an eventful start and a few mishaps he’s so calm and loving life especially when a balls involved and the only reminder of what he went through is a broken tail ,so I really hope you’ve managed to find someone 😀

Kazarazza

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down