Please help!

5 posters

Go down

Please help! Empty Please help!

Post by MattsBabe7 Thu Dec 14 2017, 20:29

I know I haven't been on for a while. Moving had taken its toll.

Chase is still doing brilliantly but he is now huge ... we think he's possibly crossed with a lurcher now!

We did try and rehome him only to be told he's not a Staffy but a pitbull! After leaving the unnamed dog rescue in tears through frustration and anger I've promised is find him a home where he's understood for who he is! He's not a flaming pitbull!

There's no way we can keep him here anymore. He needs more time than I have. I've tried my best with him and he has vastly improved and matured bless him.

I'm looking for foster home recommendations or for somebody that's willing to take him on. A shelter is not where I want him to go if I can help it!
MattsBabe7
MattsBabe7
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Chase
Dog(s) Ages : Almost 1! Born on Xmas eve!
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Please help! Empty Re: Please help!

Post by Paris1990 Thu Dec 14 2017, 21:31

If it’s just time you don’t have is there no dog walkers in your area? Rather than rehoming him?
Paris1990
Paris1990
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Year
Support total : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Thu Dec 14 2017, 22:27

Wow, so much in one post.

Firstly, nice to have you back, even just briefly Smile
Sorry to hear that the move has taken it's toll, hope for your family that this is just a question of installing new habits and references.

Good to hear that you’ve managed to continue to bring out the best in Chase, a huge credit goes to you.
Just saddened that you feel you need to give him up.
Whilst I respect your judgment and only you can decide, I really get the impression that you’ve been through the worst with Chase and easier times are just ahead. You say yourself that he’s maturing.

However, whatever you decide is best for your family (Chase included), I just wish you luck in finding the best solutions and compromise for all.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Please help! B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Fri Dec 15 2017, 01:22

Sorry to hear things are not working out. I'd definitely say do not rehome him privately, you really do not know what people will say just to get a dog. I'd go with a rescue like dogs trust or battersea. So sad he is being rehomed

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Please help! B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by MattsBabe7 Fri Dec 15 2017, 07:09

I'm beyond sad that its come to having to give him up. My heart is broken but I feel like I'm holding him back and just want what's best for him.
Ideally he needs to find a purpose. Like agility or something that will keep him occupied and concentrating. He'd be brilliant on a farm catching rats and things. Hes super quick!

I'm not about to give him to just anybody and he'll stay with us for as long as it takes tho find the right home.

I'm sorry for this post.
MattsBabe7
MattsBabe7

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Chase
Dog(s) Ages : Almost 1! Born on Xmas eve!
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 15 2017, 08:20

I'm sorry too, I was just thinking yesterday we hadn't heard from you and that I hoped that meant things were going ok.

Re the pitbull thing, bear in mind that it's how a dog looks, not what you think he is, that counts. If he's tall and slim there is a chance that that's how he'd be assessed, in which case it might be hard to find a rescue that will take him on because it is illegal for them to rehome a pitbull type. I'm not saying that to panic you but just so you have the facts upfront.

I'm not sure what to suggest, word of mouth locally, through the vets, etc. might be the best way to go. I'm pleased to hear you're not thinking of advertising online, though that can work out it's a very high risk strategy for the dog.

Good luck, I hope something comes along.

Back to top Go down

Post by lexii Tue Dec 26 2017, 02:31

No offense, but a dogs life is to be with their pack/family, many don't need "jobs" unless they are proper working bred dogs. You are not wasting his potential, you are just finding it hard to handle him and your life. Nothing wrong with that, hes not the dog for you - it happens. But im not into excuses. Just say it as it is, hes is not the dog for you. Again, there is nothing wrong with this, its just how it is.

I 100% agree with above though, he needs to go through either personal connections or vets etc, because if there is any doubt about his breed he will be pts. If he is taken to a rescue that have a time limit, he will again be pts, after being in kennels for a while (which i think must be awful for a dog used to the house)

If i was you i would ask a local rescue/staffy group to advertise on your behalf...that way they may know the people and be able to help but in the mean time you get to keep him in a home environment, which will only benefit him and his rehomability. Perhaps even DDA type people?
lexii
lexii
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content