Millie's gone off raw

4 posters

Go down

Millie's gone off raw Empty Millie's gone off raw

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2016, 08:15

Well, I never thought I'd go back to kibble, but Millie was refusing to eat her meat so we had to try something different. It's odd that after 18 month on raw she'd change her mind but that's our Millie!

We'd taken Naturediet packs to France with us and I could just about persuade her to eat some of it but she wasn't keen so there wasn't much point faffing with that any longer, so I started researching kibble. Looking at All About Dog Food, I decided I wanted something that rated 4 or over because I believe in giving my dogs the best quality I can afford.

We started with a bag of Barking Heads because I had an Ocado delivery coming anyway so could get that quickly, but then after a lot of trawling have ended up with, oddly, Millie's Wolfheart. She absolutely loves it and, instead of slinking towards her bowl reluctantly then picking at her food, is now trotting over and chomping it up. We got a few trial bags of just 200g to see what she thinks and so far all the flavours are ace, mum!

And here's the interesting bit, since changing to kibble she's not really farted, whereas before she was awful.

Interesting...

Back to top Go down

Millie's gone off raw Empty Re: Millie's gone off raw

Post by AussieStaff Tue Jun 28 2016, 11:21

Oh Millie you do like to keep your Mum on your toes don't you ! Laughing Well done on picking a food with your name in it !! Laughing That's interesting to read that her taste changed so much and also her farting has improved greatly - I have to say Koda's main diet consists of kibble mixed with tuna/salmon and his farts are rarely fatal thankfully !
AussieStaff
AussieStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Tue Jun 28 2016, 15:03

mia was a fusspot when she was younger, think she was testing me see the more expensive food id buy her haha our dogs are strange sometimes

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Millie's gone off raw B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by ClareGilby Thu Jun 30 2016, 15:10

Hi Liz, that is so wierd as I have literally just come on here to post the same thing. I wonder if it is because it is a bit humid at the moment???

I too am going to go back to kibble and have done some searching on my frenchie facebook page and loads of them seem to be feeding Eden Kibble which is 80% meat, which is really good. The other 20% is pure fruit, veg and herbs, no nasties. It is holistic. Have a look on the Eden website and see what you think.

My dogs are fussy buggers. The other one is Acana, but Eden looks very good.

Will have a look at one you are using too before I decide.

Clare x
ClareGilby
ClareGilby
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Thu Jun 30 2016, 18:39

I came across this company at the local country fair last week, worth looking at I guess http://www.wholeprey.com

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Millie's gone off raw B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2016, 07:29

That is weird, Claire!

It might be weather related but I think here it's more Millie related. She's always been funny with her food, having odd days that she didn't want to eat and times she's refuse anything but turkey. She's normally settle but this time not.

Given that her digestive system seems so much more settled since changing than it ever has been, I wonder if it's not just that for some reason raw wasn't agreeing with her and kibble does.

There are so many really good dry dog foods out there now, it's amazing how much choice there is. And interestingly is not as expensive as some of the more established brands with more fillers. I found it hard to decide between them, but of course Millie's Wolfheart does have a very good name... Big Grin Seriously, I went with that because they have a good range and some with lower meat content which seems to suit Millie better for some reason. She's happier on the 60 or 70 ones.

Let me know what you decide, Claire?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down